Sunderland

Nobody

You don't get charged unless the CPS believe there is strong evidence for conviction.

There is absolutely no way that a 'man' (use the term loosely) currently awaiting trial for being a paedophile should be anywhere near a football pitch. Absolutely disgraceful that the mackems allow him to continue to do so.

I know it is innocent until proven guilty, however, common sense should have prevailed - I know that I would not be continuing in my job until my trial was complete. Should be suspended until it is all over, as a suspension is not a punishment and allows for the investigation and case to be concluded.

You don't get charged unless the CPS believe there is strong evidence for conviction.

There is absolutely no way that a 'man' (use the term loosely) currently awaiting trial for being a paedophile should be anywhere near a football pitch. Absolutely disgraceful that the mackems allow him to continue to do so.

I know it is innocent until proven guilty, however, common sense should have prevailed - I know that I would not be continuing in my job until my trial was complete. Should be suspended until it is all over, as a suspension is not a punishment and allows for the investigation and case to be concluded.

I'm surprised it's allowed from a child protection / safeguarding perspective, certainly wouldn't be allowed to play, train, be around the club etc. in most amateur sports in this country in these circumstances

Why shouldn't he be allowed to play?

As I said earlier, if I have been charged with sexual offences against a child - I would immediately be suspended from work until my trial was over, possibly, depending on the evidence against be sacked before my trial.

Why on Earth it would be different for someone in the public eye 24/7, with great responsibilities and many young fans looking up to him I have no idea.

As I said earlier, if I have been charged with sexual offences against a child - I would immediately be suspended from work until my trial was over, possibly, depending on the evidence against be sacked before my trial.

Why on Earth it would be different for someone in the public eye 24/7, with great responsibilities and many young fans looking up to him I have no idea.

£££

Agree.  He doesn't have any bail restrictions stopping him from working, he is innocent until proven otherwise.  Wasn't he suspended initially when it all started?  Sunderland have probably taken legal advice and the PFA have no doubt got involved.  Is he a seriously a risk to children by playing football man?  He hasn't been found guilty of anything yet. 

For such a "classy" club they have handled it badly, when he was arrested and questioned they suspended him (completely the right thing to do) BUT then lifted the suspension once his bail was extended, then despite being charged they let him carry on, sure that is the when a suspension should have followed.

Agree.  He doesn't have any bail restrictions stopping him from working, he is innocent until proven otherwise.  Wasn't he suspended initially when it all started?  Sunderland have probably taken legal advice and the PFA have no doubt got involved.  Is he a seriously a risk to children by playing football man?  He hasn't been found guilty of anything yet.

Yeah spot on. If he's knowingly done what's been suggested then he should get what's coming to him but he wouldn't be anywhere near football if it afforded him an opportunity to reoffend, which based on the little I know of the accusations there's no link beyond him being a famous football player.

:lol: He's not famous. He's just a could've been.

He's played for England man, he's reasonably famous by any measurement.

In football-land, but not irl. He's no Beckham. He'll shortly be infamous, though. Congrats on the visa success btw, chuffed for you. Welcome home, anything I can do, etc.

Guest Phillipealbert

You know he is innocent until proven guilty; i.e. you can't punish him until the case is proven.  A lot of people seem to forget this.

Although if he IS proven guilty, I hope he gets smashed...