Darren Bent

Fenham Mag

Bent will never play well in a partnership. Unless the "partner" is basically an attacking midfielder.

Darren Bent is a great player if you want to play him upfront on his own, and score enough goals to keep your team in the division. Or maybe even as high as 10th.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/newcastle-transfers-darren-bents-move-2104934

Joe Kinnear hopes to finally end Newcastle’s transfer nightmare when he holds talks with Darren Bent.

Kinnear, the Magpies’ new director of football, is set to meet the Aston Villa striker’s representatives on Wednesday in a bid to thrash out a move to Tyneside.

Surely Kinnear's not going to be allowed to talk about money, is he?

Why not?  He is the richest man on the planet...

Don't forget, 'Mike's lost a billion pounds' in the recession.

It mightn't work but Berbatov is player you could imagine Jol tell just to go out and do what he wants and let Bent lead the line although Berbatov does hold the ball up very well.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/newcastle-transfers-darren-bents-move-2104934

Joe Kinnear hopes to finally end Newcastle’s transfer nightmare when he holds talks with Darren Bent.

Kinnear, the Magpies’ new director of football, is set to meet the Aston Villa striker’s representatives on Wednesday in a bid to thrash out a move to Tyneside.

Surely Kinnear's not going to be allowed to talk about money, is he?

Why not?  He is the richest man on the planet...

Don't forget, 'Mike's lost a billion pounds' in the recession.

:lol:

Bent and Gyan had a decent partnership. Gyan was good for everything except scoring (although his record there was decent), Bent's the other way around. Was a decent partnership.

Realistically Villa may need to let him go on a free. If I was a newcomer to the division, i'd break the bank for Bent.

Bent will never play well in a partnership. Unless the "partner" is basically an attacking midfielder.

Darren Bent is a great player if you want to play him upfront on his own, and score enough goals to keep your team in the division. Or maybe even as high as 10th.

Berbatov plays a lot like an attacking midfielder, so it will be a beautiful story for Fulham.

Berbatov plays a lot like an attacking midfielder, so it will be a beautiful story for Fulham.

Maybe. I find it more likely that the more talented player will end up scoring less goals, and Fulham will end up with a very minimal improvement on their overall goals scored, and by accomodating Bent, they'll have 1 less player to contribute to stuff other than goalscoring.

Maybe. I find it more likely that the more talented player will end up scoring less goals, and Fulham will end up with a very minimal improvement on their overall goals scored, and by accomodating Bent, they'll have 1 less player to contribute to stuff other than goalscoring.

Bent will score 20 in that team. Berbatov will score 15 with 8 assists.

Courtesy of Martin Jol.

I think this could really work

Krul

Debuch      Tayls          Colo            Santon

Cabs                Sisso

Hatem            Cisse                Remy     

Bent

Darren Bent will never bring anyone into play other than Darren Bent.

Cisse does not need time and space on the ball. You'd be better served playing Gouffran/HBA/Marveaux in that position. Cisse is not the player who is going to create chances, he needs to be the one leading the line. But yeah, he needs to do less of the offside thing.

Darren Bent will never bring anyone into play other than Darren Bent.

Cisse does not need time and space on the ball. You'd be better served playing Gouffran/HBA/Marveaux in that position. Cisse is not the player who is going to create chances, he needs to be the one leading the line. But yeah, he needs to do less of the offside thing.

I guess that would depend a lot on the coaching, it could work if it was coached and of course the players followed instructions.

If its a case of let them play their natural game them not to sure there would be a balance to the side.

I think the reports claiming him as our third choice striker signing may see him ignore us anyway and if Villa & Fulham agree a fee Bent will go to them in an instant.

Wonder if that happened if it would force our hand in the Gomis deal and see us spend the extra, I doubt it but you never know

I do hope Fulham sign him as soon as possible.  Remove what Kinnear ect think of as their safety net, plus IMO he's not what we need (but I think everyone knows that by now :lol:)

I do hope Fulham sign him as soon as possible.  Remove what Kinnear ect think of as their safety net, plus IMO he's not what we need (but I think everyone knows that by now :lol:)

I hope that would be the outcome but I honestly think MA would just send us into the season with who we have rather than budge on fee's.

SSN Fulham are front runners now to sign Bent

Okay but we are now hot favourites to land Gomis, Bent, Remy.

Still favourites to sign Gomis according to Lyon's president, but then again he does seem like a loony.

Still favourites to sign Gomis according to Lyon's president, but then again he does seem like a looney.

I think Lyon's president would prefer him to sign for us because they would get more money, but it just feels as if Gomis is going to hold out for Marseilles in January.

Bent and Gyan had a decent partnership. Gyan was good for everything except scoring (although his record there was decent), Bent's the other way around. Was a decent partnership.

Realistically Villa may need to let him go on a free. If I was a newcomer to the division, i'd break the bank for Bent.

Always thought he was better with Jones.

Still favourites to sign Gomis according to Lyon's president, but then again he does seem like a loony.

It could be that Gomis is just using us to try and get the real move he wants to OM, it hurries them up if they think he may sig fr us and he can also use us to make sure OL are ready to sell him.