Darren Bent

Fenham Mag

SSN Fulham are front runners now to sign Bent

Okay but we are now hot favourites to land Gomis, Bent, Remy.

Still favourites to sign Gomis according to Lyon's president, but then again he does seem like a looney.

I think Lyon's president would prefer him to sign for us because they would get more money, but it just feels as if Gomis is going to hold out for Marseilles in January.

Its all quite confusing, you'd think if he was desperate to get Gomis to come here to avoid a move to Marseilles in January he'd have accepted the 8m Euro offer straight away.  Not one news source claimed the offer was accepted and apparently we're saying we've "left the offer on the table" in case they decide to accept.

It could be that Gomis is just using us to try and get the real move he wants to OM, it hurries them up if they think he may sig fr us and he can also use us to make sure OL are ready to sell him.

He could be, but that doesn't explain Lyons rather odd position.  We have this weird vague comment from Aulas that suggests something about them not being the problem, yet every source at the time said the bid was rejected and none since have reported otherwise.  I suppose it couldbe Aulas who's trying to convince other clubs we're close to signing him to encourage bids, or maybe Aulas and Gomis are working together, who fucking knows what's going on at this point :lol:

Bent and Gyan had a decent partnership. Gyan was good for everything except scoring (although his record there was decent), Bent's the other way around. Was a decent partnership.

Realistically Villa may need to let him go on a free. If I was a newcomer to the division, i'd break the bank for Bent.

Tbf it wasn't much of a partnership, is a front 3 with Gyan, Bent and Welbeck but i do agree none the less the 3 in general worked well.

Bent and Gyan had a decent partnership. Gyan was good for everything except scoring (although his record there was decent), Bent's the other way around. Was a decent partnership.

Realistically Villa may need to let him go on a free. If I was a newcomer to the division, i'd break the bank for Bent.

Tbf it wasn't much of a partnership, is a front 3 with Gyan, Bent and Welbeck but i do agree none the less the 3 in general worked well.

Bent hardly played with Gyan in fact we were starting Campbell with him when we first brought Gyan in iirc.

As others have mentioned Bent plays for Bent and no one else.

He'll still get at least 15 if you sign him I'd wager though.

Think they'll compromise. We're no doubt interested but his wages are very tricky to get around. I can maybe see a deadline day last ditch move if we're still struggling to get Remy or Gomis.

Guest bimpy474

Think they'll compromise. We're no doubt interested but his wages are very tricky to get around. I can maybe see a deadline day last ditch move if we're still struggling to get Remy or Gomis.

Yep, if you believe this last report it'll be Fulham (if they do bid enough) as we haven't even asked about him.

@CaulkinTheTimes

Fulham clear favourites to sign Darren Bent. #Nufc tactics have been muddled - stalling, nowhere near on fee/wages. Not entirely surprised.

:thup: :thup:

@CaulkinTheTimes

Fulham clear favourites to sign Darren Bent. #Nufc tactics have been muddled - stalling, nowhere near on fee/wages. Not entirely surprised.

:thup: :thup:

I don't think we really wanted him except as a last resort or on the cheap. With Cisse still here would make the least sense anyway.

£2m is an insulting offer if true. Wonder how much Fulham have bid. He's limited but he's easy worth around £6m.

Fulham offered £4m supposedly which was knocked back, and now they've gone back with a raised bid. We were obviously planning on blowing them out of the water with our massive 2 mill bombshell.

Guest bimpy474

Really not that bothered if the Remy reports turn out to be true.

Gomis as well would be very pleasing.