Darren Bent

Fenham Mag

As much as I don't want him here it's pretty s*** from our board. He is clearly our top target and possibly only target yet they are not prepared to even try to bring him in. You don't get someone like Bent for £2m.

Bent is pretty much viewed as Shola is by any football club that is run with any degree of professionalism. They are not wanted. Been little or no interest in Bent and Shola is available but again no interest. Why? Because they are both a complete waste of space.

Comparing Bent to Shola? Is this real?

Quite clear that Kinnear is there mainly to undermine Pardew then, this is exactly what they did to Keegan when he identied his targets.

That's some assumption based on something that could be nothing. Nope, not allowed round here. Must now sarky laugh at you like you are a moron... :lol:

Darren Bent is now 29 years old, and didn't play any football for a whole year essentially.

It's not like the guy is coming off of a decent season or anything! Their treatment of Bent last season shows they didn't think that much of him themselves.

Definitely would have started off with a very low offer too. £2 million? Why not.

As a few have said already, Lambert's actions have done Villa no favours, as far as moving on the player for anything resembling a half decent price.

Why are you always so angry TT? :lol:

Because the same people who assume jump on those for doing the same thing. It's f***ing bullshit.

Place is full of w*****s ATM.

I'm not meaning to jump on you, fwiw. I just think it's important to highlight the most probable situation when it comes to the running of the club. It really doesn't sound like we were ever going to spend more than £2m on Bent going on what we've been given. We could say we would have paid more if we go on nothing but pure conjecture.

It's because it's always the same. I wouldn't have wanted us to pay over 5/6 for Bent, ideally 4. But £2m, man? You know how fucking stupid that makes us ALL look. When people talk about the shoddy practices of Newcastle United, they talk to us about it. We take the laughs, we take the grief and the ridicule. We're dragged down in this.

Darren Bent is now 29 years old, and didn't play any football for a whole year essentially.

It's not like the guy is coming off of a decent season or anything! Their treatment of Bent last season shows they didn't think that much of him themselves.

Definitely would have started off with a very low offer too. £2 million? Why not.

As a few have said already, Lambert's actions have done Villa no favours, as far as moving on the player for anything resembling a half decent price.

Some good points there, didn't realise he was 29.

2 million for a player they no longer want and barely played for a season.

:notbad:

TT is livid  :lol: :lol:

Just sick of the BS which imo is dragging the forum down. Its supposed to be about discussion, but no one is allowed to assume anything unless its either fact (which we hardly get any of from the club) or against the club, then everyone can have a good moan. What's the fucking point man? Might as well close the forum down.

2013: The Summer of no assumption.

Because the same people who assume jump on those for doing the same thing. It's f***ing bullshit.

I'm not meaning to jump on you, fwiw. I just think it's important to highlight the most probable situation when it comes to the running of the club. It really doesn't sound like we were ever going to spend more than £2m on Bent going on what we've been given. We could say we would have paid more if we go on nothing but pure conjecture.

It's because it's always the same. I wouldn't have wanted us to pay over 5/6 for Bent, ideally 4. But £2m, man? You know how fucking stupid that makes us ALL look. When people talk about the shoddy practices of Newcastle United, they talk to us about it. We take the laughs, we take the grief and the ridicule. We're dragged down in this.

Well that's fine, and that's a discussion and your point, which i don't agree with is better than 'So it's just a guess based on nothing, then?'

It's because it's always the same. I wouldn't have wanted us to pay over 5/6 for Bent, ideally 4. But £2m, man? You know how f***ing stupid that makes us ALL look. When people talk about the shoddy practices of Newcastle United, they talk to us about it. We take the laughs, we take the grief and the ridicule. We're dragged down in this.

Well that's fine, and that's a discussion and your point, which i don't agree with is better than 'So it's just a guess based on nothing, then?'

I just find it frustrating when it seems like the indefensible are being defended. Imagine the situation where we don't get Remy on loan and won't buy because of his charge, we don't get Gomis because we don't agree a fee or he ends up going to OM, and we don't get Bent because we were only going to pay £2m. That's the hypothetical people get angry about.

We need another striker, 2 ideally. That's the most pressing issue, not a couple of million here or there which we'd probably gain based on final position alone with more strikers. There's nothing wrong with a bit of anger and annoyance at what people see as the wrong road of negotiating. There's been plenty of times we've given them the benefit of the doubt, but with 2 weeks to go now is not the fucking time, imo.

TT is livid  :lol: :lol:

Just sick of the BS which imo is dragging the forum down. Its supposed to be about discussion, but no one is allowed to assume anything unless its either fact (which we hardly get any of from the club) or against the club, then everyone can have a good moan. What's the f***ing point man? Might as well close the forum down.

2013: The Summer of no assumption.

Reminds me of Under Siege 2 with Steven Segal.  :lol:  The scene where the gun man assumes Casey Ryback is dead and tells his boss he thinks hes killed him.

:lol: :lol:

As much as I don't want him here it's pretty s*** from our board. He is clearly our top target and possibly only target yet they are not prepared to even try to bring him in. You don't get someone like Bent for £2m.

Bent is pretty much viewed as Shola is by any football club that is run with any degree of professionalism. They are not wanted. Been little or no interest in Bent and Shola is available but again no interest. Why? Because they are both a complete waste of space.

Comparing Bent to Shola? Is this real?

:lol:

Guest bimpy474

That doesn't matter now man

Well i thought it might a bit, a few discussion about how pathetic we are bidding so little, when we haven't bid at all :lol:

This thread is good fun though :lol:

That doesn't matter now man

Well i thought it might a bit, a few discussion about how pathetic we are bidding so little, when we haven't bid at all :lol:

This thread is good fun though :lol:

The news is we haven't bid because the bid we were prepared to make, of £2m, would be rejected, is it not? We must know what Villa would have done with our bid and what that bid was likely to be if we're saying our valuation and their's is 'miles apart'?

He's 29, not 41 FFS. He's got a good few years left in the tank at this level. Also, he has a pretty impressive goalscoring record throughout the years, and most recently moved for a massive 24 million. They were never ever going to accept 2 million, therefore it's pretty much the definition of a pisstake that we even wasted their and our time suggesting it to them (whether we actually bid or not).

It's because it's always the same. I wouldn't have wanted us to pay over 5/6 for Bent, ideally 4. But £2m, man? You know how f***ing stupid that makes us ALL look. When people talk about the shoddy practices of Newcastle United, they talk to us about it. We take the laughs, we take the grief and the ridicule. We're dragged down in this.

I just find it frustrating when it seems like the indefensible are being defended. Imagine the situation where we don't get Remy on loan and won't buy because of his charge, we don't get Gomis because we don't agree a fee or he ends up going to OM, and we don't get Bent because we were only going to pay £2m. That's the hypothetical people get angry about.

We need another striker, 2 ideally. That's the most pressing issue, not a couple of million here or there which we'd probably gain based on final position alone with more strikers. There's nothing wrong with a bit of anger and annoyance at what people see as the wrong road of negotiating. There's been plenty of times we've given them the benefit of the doubt, but with 2 weeks to go now is not the fucking time, imo.

I agree with all of that but it doesn't excuse why people can't assume the club are doing some good stuff behind the scenes not just ballsing things up, have no plan, no idea and no direction. You could say that's them down the road signing 9 players.

Its tough times waiting around but a lot of clubs are doing it. Clubs with main targets who won't settle for anything less, Suarez, Rooney, Bale, Cesc - the clubs after them are still battling it out, feeling each other out in an even bigger game of brinkmanship and ego. Of course these clubs don't need the players as much as we do, but that's where they are, we can't help that, we've got our own game to play and we haven't made any mistakes yet. Signing Bent for £6m and £60kpw would have been a big one imo, not getting a Cisse resolution a big one as well, I also think signing Remy permanently before his court case would be another one while signing Gomis for £10m and paying him £75kpw would again be another. We've not done any of that yet. Come deadline day and we've got nothing in then Gomis at full whack and or Remy full transfer become a gamble we will just have to take (if we have failed with other targets) until then we are playing it right with these two targets, it might be time to open up a third one and cast Bent off completely even if it is to pressure Lyon & QPR in to making a quicker decision.

Bent now not being a target is just leverage against the two clubs as well, but it has run dry so expect to see that 3rd target come in to play if we don't make any progress before the weekend.

He's 29, not 41 FFS. He's got a good few years left in the tank at this level. Also, he has a pretty impressive goalscoring record throughout the years, and most recently moved for a massive 24 million. They were never ever going to accept 2 million, therefore it's pretty much the definition of a pisstake that we even wasted their and our time suggesting it to them (whether we actually bid or not).

Nah hes nearly dead.