Darren Bent

Fenham Mag

Say if we come down to the last day of the window without any signing, would people pay 6m + 60kpw for Bent?

It could well be the case that we will have to be happy to accept him as an alternative to a worrying half season ahead.

Any number of things could have happened, training ground fight/harsh words said in anger, absolutely anything. Not everything is reported.

Lambert may have told him he was wanting him out, Bent unwilling to leave etc.

We're just a waste of time. What's the fucking point, man?

The owner doesn't even want us to do well, what fucking chance have we got? What's the fucking point? Seriously man , they can all get fucked.

was this a reaction to the bent deal collapsing?  i'm fucking delighted man :lol:

We're just a waste of time. What's the fucking point, man?

The owner doesn't even want us to do well, what fucking chance have we got? What's the fucking point? Seriously man , they can all get fucked.

was this a reaction to the bent deal collapsing?  i'm fucking delighted man :lol:

An astonishing reaction. :lol:

/Midds. Not so much yours. O0

it's all about how you value a player, 2m is nonsense but i'd not be happy bidding more than 4-5m for bent personally and certainly wouldn't want to entertain wages in excess of any of our senior players either

villa are not in a position of strength here, neither is bent, so fuck them

Loads of managers freeze out players like that, never understood it all. Comes across as childish and unprofessional.

It is when managers constantly talk about players needing to show loyalty and honour their contracts if a bid comes in. Yet when the manager wants rid as he feels his team has outgrown a certain player, managers like Lambert resort to those kind of tactics.

Actually this is something that can't be aimed at Pardew, he doesn't treat players in that fashion and is very good in that respect.

I don't really know why Lambert is doing it, either.

Apparently, they (the group of players he has sent to train with the kids as he wants to sell them) refer to themselves as "the bomb squad". Basically, it is Bent, Given, Bannan, Ireland, and Alan Hutton.

Hutton was interviewed recently and said he had no problem with it, and understood what the manager wants. I also can't see in a million years Given being there for having been unprofessional. Or Bent.

I think he just doesn't intend to use them, so doesn't want them training with the first team. If the players themselves are fine with that, that is fine and dandy, but what I do not get is why do this when it can only have a negative effect on the value of players we are trying to sell.

Guest bimpy474

Loads of managers freeze out players like that, never understood it all. Comes across as childish and unprofessional.

It is when managers constantly talk about players needing to show loyalty and honour their contracts if a bid comes in. Yet when the manager wants rid as he feels his team has outgrown a certain player, managers like Lambert resort to those kind of tactics.

Actually this is something that can't be aimed at Pardew, he doesn't treat players in that fashion and is very good in that respect.

Apparently, they (the group of players he has sent to train with the kids as he wants to sell them) refer to themselves as "the bomb squad". Basically, it is Bent, Given, Bannan, Ireland, and Alan Hutton.

Hutton was interviewed recently and said he had no problem with it, and understood what the manager wants. I also can't see in a million years Given being there for having been unprofessional. Or Bent.

I think he just doesn't intend to use them, so doesn't want them training with the first team. If the players themselves are fine with that, that is fine and dandy, but what I do not get is why do this when it can only have a negative effect on the value of players we are trying to sell.

Someone else on here noted that Brum, doing what Lambert has done (seems the players are ok with it, well understand the reasons anyway) can only damage the players selling value. It just seems a bit odd to me, can't fault Lambert for much else tbf.

Wouldn't surprise me if, because he disagreed with Pardew on Bent, Kinnear sabotaged this one purposefully. 

This is based on diddly squat - other than the post where it was mentioned Kinnear asked a few of the youth team dads what they thought about DB and didn't seem very enthused by the idea of signing him.

Someone else on here noted that Brum, doing what Lambert has done (seems the players are ok with it, well understand the reasons anyway) can only damage the players selling value. It just seems a bit odd to me, can't fault Lambert for much else tbf.

Basically, anyone after Bent or Given will now just bide their time, safe in the knowledge they can dive in whenever and get a decent deal.

Guest bimpy474

Basically, anyone after Bent or Given will now just bide their time, safe in the knowledge they can dive in whenever and get a decent deal.

:nods: Which is what we were trying to do in a much more piss taking way.

As much as I don't want him here it's pretty shit from our board. He is clearly our top target and possibly only target yet they are not prepared to even try to bring him in. You don't get someone like Bent for £2m.

As much as I don't want him here it's pretty shit from our board. He is clearly our top target and possibly only target yet they are not prepared to even try to bring him in. You don't get someone like Bent for £2m.

I don't know if he's 'clearly our top target'. Pardew said he likes him, that's about all we know.

Guessing our camp putting the ball in Bents court.

In terms of overall financial package we are willing to offer we are telling him how much he wants this move.  If he wants us to pay his current 70-80k wage package at Nufc then the transfer fee can only be around £2-3m

Want to take a big pay cut then we can push the transfer fee up around over £6m.

As of now villa has stated we have not made a bid, only spoken with Bent.

He clearly isn't our top target. I don't know how much clearer that can be.

Do we even have one? Seems the usual scattergun approach to me.

I think aubameyang was our first choice, but we weren't his.

Remy & Gomis are our top targets now, it's pretty clear from the noise made around them this is the case.

You say scattergun approach, someone the other day reckons we haven't got more than this and if we fail here that's it. Personally think we've got a list and if these two fail we will have one or two other targets in mind, probably of lesser quality, not in a contract wrangle or less interested in coming here.

Do we even have one? Seems the usual scattergun approach to me.

I think aubameyang was our first choice, but we weren't his.

Remy & Gomis are our top targets now, it's pretty clear from the noise made around them this is the case.

You say scattergun approach, someone the other day reckons we haven't got more than this and if we fail here that's it. Personally think we've got a list and if these two fail we will have one or two other targets in mind, probably of lesser quality, not in a contract wrangle or less interested in coming here.

It's a hard one to win on, either not having enough targets or having a scattergun approach.