UEFA Women's Euro 2013

womblemaster

cantbelieve how bad swededn were.  I guess nerves infront of the home crowd.  Also the fact they couldnt cope with denmark passing it round them.  denmark had decent midfield, but were poor in final third.....that rings a bell!

Poor start tbh.  Germany vs holland today tho!     

as its thrsday I decided to push the boat out and add a couple of bottles of stout to accompany my steamed fish microwave meal........a lidl special

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b036ywmc

are you ready for round 2 ?

much more promising match today!  well at leastone side who can play.....dont know anything about hollands side tbh.

Thinki mat have peaked too soon tho(story of my life).....the stouts vanished already (

its friday and england are gonna try and play footie vs spain!

so naturall the only way to prepare was to go on the hoy in sunny cramlingon.........half a day in the new weatherspoons there on various fetival ciders, meansi a tad fussy and ready to enjoy the delights of his game!

roll on mediovity and hope powells `hitnhope XI`

enjoy)

Hahaha, England lose in the last second. Keeper headed it in for an OG.

The keepers are shocking.

I don't know if it was Englands keeper, but one of them mistimed a cross which bounced over her only for the forward to somehow manage to hit the crossbar from 10 yards out  :undecided:

Didn't look too convincing  :razz:

One thing I will give them though is that they stay on their feet waaay better than the men. Seen so many situations where there were a little push and I thought "in men's football the player would have feigned dying in agony and gotten a freekick".

I'm sick of the diving  :(

Hahaha, England lose in the last second. Keeper headed it in for an OG.

The keepers are shocking.

I don't know if it was Englands keeper, but one of them mistimed a cross which bounced over her only for the forward to somehow manage to hit the crossbar from 10 yards out  :undecided:

Didn't look too convincing  :razz:

Aye it was.

last 20mins wasw like watching a pardew team try to defend a lead......not much fun (

The passing was decent in first half, but the team seem to fade into their shell. Frustrating lack of tactics imo.  Ellen white should have scored tbh...typical arsenal hoofer....looks good domestically but cant produce on the big stage.

SO yet another england team could crash out at the grp stage!

I'm not watching this, but women's football often looks cartoonish. I used to think it would be a good idea to reduce the size of the pitch and goals in women's football, until I saw the US women's team at the last Olympics. They had a higher pace of play and they occupied space well on the field. Their team looked more like a men's team would because their players were athletically superior to the other girls. I now think the rest should try and reach that standard.

I'm not watching this, but women's football often looks cartoonish. I used to think it would be a good idea to reduce the size of the pitch and goals in women's football, until I saw the US women's team at the last Olympics. They had a higher pace of play and they occupied space well on the field. Their team looked more like a men's team would because their players were athletically superior to the other girls. I now think the rest should try and reach that standard.

There's very poor levels of funding iirc, where there's the money in the sport levels of coaching, more players etc will follow, obviously if it became more popular more money will be put in.