The other games today - 2013/14

JH

I'm not watching Madrid but didn't it occur to Ancelotti that Modric-Khedira-Isco-Ozil-CR-Benzema is incredibly unbalanced?

When you add to that Marcelo and Carvajal as fullbacks, they will concede s*** loads this year.

I still struggle to see Bale fitting in there. Ancelotti likes narrow systems but they are getting back to the point where they are putting square pegs in round holes in order to fit all the talented players they have.

They could line up like this:

Ozil                Bale                Isco

Ronaldo

I'm not watching Madrid but didn't it occur to Ancelotti that Modric-Khedira-Isco-Ozil-CR-Benzema is incredibly unbalanced?

When you add to that Marcelo and Carvajal as fullbacks, they will concede s*** loads this year.

I still struggle to see Bale fitting in there. Ancelotti likes narrow systems but they are getting back to the point where they are putting square pegs in round holes in order to fit all the talented players they have.

Ronaldo

Why would Bale be in the middle?

Ronaldo

Because that's where he was during the second half of last season for spurs.

Ronaldo

Most of his goals came from him cutting in from the wing. I just think Isco and Ozil are more natural attacking midfielders

Ronaldo

Most of his goals came from him cutting in from the wing. I just think Isco and Ozil are more natural attacking midfielders

I agree with you, what I posted was just an example of how they may line up.

Given the players I assume it would be very fluid at any rate.

I think the todays games in Spain have been a very good example of how to play against bigger sides.

Levante sat back and got destroyed by Barca.

Betis have been aggressive and attacked in numbers at pace and have matched Real Madrid.

Villa did the same and came away with a great at The Emirates.

I wonder what Pardew will do.  :fool:

I think the todays games in Spain have been a very good example of how to play against bigger sides.

Levante sat back and got destroyed by Barca.

Betis have been aggressive and attacked in numbers at pace and have matched Real Madrid.

Villa did the same and came away with a great at The Emirates.

I wonder what Pardew will do.  :fool:

Exactly what i have been saying, the best way to get at big teams is to attack them and play with aggression, not give them time and space to settle to pick you apart.

Its suicide IMO.

When you add to that Marcelo and Carvajal as fullbacks, they will concede shit loads this year.

Sounds like they could use a dose of Cheick Tiote in midfield.

Not unless we get an excessive bid.

£4m and not a penny less.

Well, you can defend and defend, Levante were truly abysmal tonight, certs to go down this season going by what I saw. They lost all that intimidation and swagger that defined their character these past seasons.

Loved lots of what I saw tonight, not just the goals but the team's attitude, the high pressing... we missed that. We'll see if we keep it up throughout the season, Atlético this wednesday is a good test.

Horrible clash of heads in the PSG game, Matuidi's head is gushing blood.

Terrible start for them if they don't win this, really don't know why they appointed Blanc.

Everyone else had already decided to go elsewhere I guess. Was only him or Mancini really.

Long may they fail anyway. Keeps it interesting.

Terrible start for them if they don't win this, really don't know why they appointed Blanc.

Are they looking as un-balanced as they did last week?

They had no width at all last weekend.

They are.

iirc they had a lot of trouble getting a manager and said fuck it Blancs available

They desperately want Wenger for some reason even though everything he stands for is the opposite of what they do

Haven't really caught much of the game, just had it on in the background.

They've been battering the Ajaccio goal, had a couple cleared off the line in the last fifteen minutes.

Seen PSG, Marseille, Lyon and Monaco so far and PSG are the only ones to not impressive.

Still expect them to win the thing mind, but maybe the title race will be a lot more competitive this year.

As Ryan said, Blanc is the weak link for them IMO.