The other games today - 2013/14

JH

Is Cesc a giant in the spanish league?

I really miss watching him. He was magic for Arsenal. Hadn't really heard about him much until the recent transfer rumours.

No.

He always seems to start the season strongly (he's been doing well so far too), and disappear as the season goes on. It doesn't help that he's often played outside of his favored position, but he doesn't impose himself in games as he should.

Crying shame.

Is Cesc a giant in the spanish league?

I really miss watching him. He was magic for Arsenal. Hadn't really heard about him much until the recent transfer rumours.

Difficult for Barca to find a place for him to get the best from him.

He's best between Xavi and Messi but they have Iniesta for that and he's not very good at Xavi's role and Iniesta can't do that either so they have a bit of problem in trying to fit them all together.

He's clearly fantastic when used right though.

Anyway I have guests arriving. Hats off to bimpy474 & fairplay to VENKMAN who is related to a good guitar shop. :thup:

Not sure if this is a compliment or an insult :lol:

Compliment.

Don't associate me with those b******s :lol:

Didn't mean for that last post to come across so confrontational :thup:

Ah right. :lol:

I'm sure you were talking about Dave from there? Hmm, might have been Dave, sorted an amp for me anyway.

Either way - I don't mean to be to facetious. ;)

Aye I was just being daft, I do work there.

Our best football last year was played with Busquets/Xavi/Iniesta/Cesc in a 4-4-2ish with Alba filling up the LW role. Vilanova got ill right after that and we never were the same team after it.

Do agree with that, problem with that set up though is it lacks width and defensively a bit fragile so big teams could get some joy from it.

It was never really used against Madrid or a CL big hitter though to find out i suppose, also with Neymar now its a bit difficult to use the same set up.

Our best football last year was played with Busquets/Xavi/Iniesta/Cesc in a 4-4-2ish with Alba filling up the LW role. Vilanova got ill right after that and we never were the same team after it.

Do agree with that, problem with that set up though is it lacks width and defensively a bit fragile so big teams could get some joy from it.

It was never really used against Madrid or a CL big hitter though to find out i suppose, also with Neymar now its a bit difficult to use the same set up.

I much prefer a proper forward as our LW, that's why I liked that we bought Neymar (as a player type, before you go "no shit" with me :lol:). With so many midfielder types we lacked bite against teams that defended deep (which is the majority of teams that play against us nowadays).

Guest Haris Vuckic

Anyway I have guests arriving. Hats off to bimpy474 & fairplay to VENKMAN who is related to a good guitar shop. :thup:

Not sure if this is a compliment or an insult :lol:

Compliment.

Don't associate me with those b******s :lol:

Didn't mean for that last post to come across so confrontational :thup:

Ah right. :lol:

I'm sure you were talking about Dave from there? Hmm, might have been Dave, sorted an amp for me anyway.

Either way - I don't mean to be to facetious. ;)

Aye I was just being daft, I do work there.

Ah right! :lol:

Good chain, I don't care so much about the little shops dying off when there's a good place to go. 70% of guitar shops are opportunistic little bastards ripping every penny so I like a place that looks after the customer once he's spent his £££ from the beginning of the transaction well into the life cycle of the purchase.

Anyway football

so er..

4-1-2-1-2