The other games today - 2013/14

JH

If Iceland qualify, Finland is the only country out of the dickheads to never have achieved anything. I mean Finland is small, but we are 18 times bigger than Iceland population wise ffs. :anguish:

Hope Iceland do it now and we'll make the next Euros thanks to more teams qualifying and hopefully a better draw than this one.

If Iceland qualifies for the playoffs it would be an incredible achievement.

Still the danger of finishing 2nd and missing out as the lowest ranked 2nd place team.

Not Iceland. Second or third best 2nd placed team, which is why my opinion is that if it's clear Norway will end up the worst 2nd placed team regardless if they beat Iceland and pip them to second, we should just give them the win.

I really hope Iceland qualify but how will their players cope with the heat of Brazil? Eidur Gudjohnsen infamously refused to play during sunlight hours when he was with Chelsea. Better get the factor 50 out!

hehe, doubt that's true.  He also played in Barcelona and Holland, bit warmer there than in London....

Personally, it would be amazing if we would qualify!

Still the danger of finishing 2nd and missing out as the lowest ranked 2nd place team.

Not Iceland. Second or third best 2nd placed team, which is why my opinion is that if it's clear Norway will end up the worst 2nd placed team regardless if they beat Iceland and pip them to second, we should just give them the win.

Yeah but they have Cyprus next, so thats 0 points in terms of that table even if they win... whereas everybody else will claw back points. It could come down to if they lose in Norway they could get 2nd and be the worst 2nd placed team. Unlikely but a possibility.

Yeah but they have Cyprus next, so thats 0 points in terms of that table even if they win... whereas everybody else will claw back points. It could come down to if they lose in Norway they could get 2nd and be the worst 2nd placed team. Unlikely but a possibility.

Nah, the points they have at the moment means that they'll beat Bulgaria (or someone in that group) pretty much regardless. In return, our only hope is the second placed team in Group B not winning more than one of the two next matches and us winning both, preferably with a big GD.

I really hope Iceland qualify but how will their players cope with the heat of Brazil? Eidur Gudjohnsen infamously refused to play during sunlight hours when he was with Chelsea. Better get the factor 50 out!

hehe, doubt that's true.  He also played in Barcelona and Holland, bit warmer there than in London....

:lol:

:lol:

Oakie humour does not translate into Icelandic then  :lol: