The other games today - 2013/14

JH

Bale just fits right into Real's ridiculous transfer policy.  Buy a top player and then try to fit him in instead of identifying a position they need to fill.

I think Real needed that type of player and have done for some time, but he, along with the other attackers don't really fit with Ancelotti's favoured narrow system. They'll sort it eventually, though.

Bale just fits right into Real's ridiculous transfer policy.  Buy a top player and then try to fit him in instead of identifying a position they need to fill.

I think Real needed that type of player and have done for some time, but he, along with the other attackers don't really agree with Ancelotti's favoured narrow system. They'll sort it eventually, though.

They already have the better version in Cronaldo. To me, they have way too similar players getting into each other's way. And lost people like Özil or Isco (who's not started today to make way for Bale) that fed him.

The Bale signing just screened of Perez wanting to do something to satisfy his ego because of missing out on Neymar so he went for the next latest thing if you like to the detriment of the team.

They already have Ronaldo and Di Maria out wide. Isco will be a great player and selling Ozil who gave them something totally different was utter stupidity.

Wow what a goal.

I like Ancelloti sometimes, he's likeable but ultimately i don't think he's that good except at keeping players happy. His teams seem to lack a certain identity. Mourinho's Real Madrid were right b******s which was kinda appealling in a way but at their best they were frighteningly good counter-attackers. This Madrid team seem back to old problem of very expensive players milling around a pitch at random.

I've always just considered him an above-average manager, partly for the reason you've stated. Also had fantastic squads at his disposition pretty much throughout his managerial career. Probably one for the unpopular opinion thread...

I like Ancelloti sometimes, he's likeable but ultimately i don't think he's that good except at keeping players happy. His teams seem to lack a certain identity. Mourinho's Real Madrid were right b******s which was kinda appealling in a way but at their best they were frighteningly good counter-attackers. This Madrid team seem back to old problem of very expensive players milling around a pitch at random.

I've always just considered him an above-average manager, partly for the reason you've stated. Also had fantastic squads at his disposition pretty much throughout his managerial career. Probably one for the unpopular opinion thread...

An above average manager who's won the champions league twice and did at Chelsea in his first season what Mourinho never could.

Plus, very, very few of Ancelotti's players have ever had a bad word to say about him. The above is absolute nonsense, basically.

An above average manager who's won the champions league twice and did at Chelsea in his first season what Mourinho never could.

Plus, very, very few of Ancelotti's players have ever had a bad word to say about him. The above is absolute nonsense, basically.

What's his book like? (Assuming you've read it)