The other games today - 2013/14

JH

That's a load of crap and you know. You first call his teams offensive and then you said he loved pace and counter attack. His teams in Italy and for PSG were always more tactical than creative.

Counter attack =/= defensive.

Would you call Arsenal's invincibles defensive? because they played on the counter as well.

:lol:

I give up, back to football manager you go. I'm not even going to compare that Arsenal side to Ancelottis Milan or PSG, it's just ridiculous.

The Ancelotti Milan which had a front 6 of Gattuso, Pirlo, Seedorf, Kaka, Sheva, Inzaghi was defensive? oh righto mate :lol:

Also i wasn't comparing them.... i was just saying counter attack =/= defensive as many offensive teams have played on the counter.

Hell the Dortmund team everyone lauds is pretty much exclusively a counter attacking team yet is it defensive? no.

Sacchi's Milan was mainly a team that played counter attack but was it a defensive team? no.

FYI telling someone to go back to Football Manager is a clear sign that you have no come back and resorting to insults....

That's a load of crap and you know. You first call his teams offensive and then you said he loved pace and counter attack. His teams in Italy and for PSG were always more tactical than creative.

Counter attack =/= defensive.

Would you call Arsenal's invincibles defensive? because they played on the counter as well.

:lol:

I give up, back to football manager you go. I'm not even going to compare that Arsenal side to Ancelottis Milan or PSG, it's just ridiculous.

The Ancelotti Milan which had a front 6 of Gattuso, Pirlo, Seedorf, Kaka, Sheva, Inzaghi was defensive? oh righto mate :lol:

Also i wasn't comparing them.... i was just saying counter attack =/= defensive as many offensive teams have played on the counter.

Hell the Dortmund team everyone lauds is pretty much exclusively a counter attacking team yet is it defensive? no.

Sacchi's Milan was mainly a team that played counter attack but was it a defensive team? no.

FYI telling someone to go back to Football Manager is a clear sign that you have no come back and resorting to insults....

First of all, that Milan side loved sitting tight and playing tight tactical football, he loved the pace of Kaka to push the counter attack and to call them offensive is an insult to offensive managers like Pep, Tele Santana and Pellegrini as examples. His team controlled many games, but that was the best team in Europe at the time. Kaka in his prime and they could've done much more damaged than they did.

To call a Dortmund side a counter attacking team is wrong, they're a high pressing team and win the ball high up on the pitch, just because they have fast players who can pull a counter attack doesn't mean they're a counter attacking side. If you watch the Bundesliga they probably have the same advantage based on quality that Milan had in the Serie A against most teams and never sit back whenever they score.

As for Sacchi I wasn't old enough to watch his team regularly, but his Italian WC 94 team played an extremely tight and tactical football.

As for the FM comment, maybe it's a sign that you disliked that comment so much?

Always liked Ancelotti. Felipao's spoken utter s*** about him before.

But this Madrid side doesn't suit him at all and they were terrible today. Honestly might as well stick Bale at leftback. Look very disjointed. They won in midweek against Juve but they were fortunate with the penalty and red card.

Against Juve he was happier to see his side sit and win it 2-1 then use the one man advantage effectively.

Off to get drunk and celebrate. Good luck in el Clásico de Norteumbría tomorrow :thup:

:thup:

Iniesta was the best player on the pitch by some distance.

Bale flopped like someone paying for a hooker after eating a half a dozen pills.

Gareth Bale's El Clasico Debut: 54% pass completion rate, 0% take-on success, 0% cross success, 2 fouls & 1 yellow card. Absolutely abject.

Quiet terrible. I personally like Bale and hope he gets better there, but this whole thing about Madrid being every player's dream pisses me off. So fuck them if they flop.

To be fair, you're just Real Madrid lite in that respect.

I agree. But for us, it's mostly about players of other mid-table clubs who jump the ship (Sunderland, etc). Not ones with potential to be elite.

Sahin leaving BVB for Madrid after his unreal season, Bale doing the same, Coentrao was touted as a top 3 Left Back before his move and many more examples when it was clear the teams of those players were clearly on the up before Madrid came calling. Well, maybe it's my personal dislike of living in Spain that makes it unappealing. Cristiano Ronaldo would have had so much success had he stayed in United. 1 League win and 1 cup win in 4 years despite his incredible numbers. That's a very poor return despite him hitting those incredible numbers and stats for them.

Leroy Fer scored a perfectly good, if not cuntish, goal today apparently. Interesting to see it on MOTD

The ref made an arse of it by all accounts, said he hadn't 'blown his whistle' for the throw in to be taken????