The other games today - 2013/14

JH

Guest DebuchyAndTheBeast

Rodriguez goal shows one of the loopholes of the offside rule. he's positionally offside when the ball is being played but since he's not interfering  there's no offside. Neverthless he has already a small headstart over the other CB's in the defensive line of Cardiff. So a bit of an unfair advantage

Rodriguez goal shows one of the loopholes of the offside rule. he's positionally offside when the ball is being played but since he's not interfering  there's no offside. Neverthless he has already a small headstart over the other CB's in the defensive line of Cardiff. So a bit of an unfair advantage

Wasn't there first and second phases of offside a few years ago, think that covers what happened there.

Guest DebuchyAndTheBeast

Wasn't there first and second phases of offside a few years ago, think that covers what happened there.

yeah but I'm talking about the advantage he has. Basically a 1v1 situation turns into a 1v2 situation and the other defenders were never going to catch him after his unfair starting position. I'll try posting a pic to explain my pov

yeah but I'm talking about the advantage he has. Basically a 1v1 situation turns into a 1v2 situation and the other defenders were never going to catch him after his unfair starting position. I'll try posting a pic to explain my pov

I know exactly what you are referring to :thup: my understanding of it is, because he wasn't the intended recipient of the original through ball he can't be offside (in the first phase) but yet he is now at an automatic advantage going forward (if he is quick enough) to latch unto the second forward pass because of the advantage played but you can't be offside in the second phase, if you were onside during the first phase, which seems canny unfair.

Hope that makes sense

I know exactly what you are referring to :thup: my understanding of it is, because he wasn't the intended recipient of the original through ball he can't be offside (in the first phase) but yet he is now at an automatic advantage going forward (if he is quick enough) to latch unto the second forward pass because of the advantage played but you can't be offside in the second phase, if you were onside during the first phase, which seems canny unfair.

Hope that makes sense

which cisse reguarly does and gets slagged off for even when he's in the right (not all the time mind, he often plays the offside rule like an 8yr old girl)

Yesterday has made our game vs Southampton on Sunday massive. First time we've had a real setback this season, interesting to see how we respond vs a side who've just had a great win.

A draw would be brilliant for us. Keeps Southampton at arm's length and you in reach still.