The other games today - 2013/14

JH

michael owen ‏@themichaelowen 39s

Emyr Huws makes his Manchester City debut. A proud moment for the team at Michael Owen Management as he is our first lad to feature.

Expand

Swear down that's just another parody account like Boring James Milner.

First reply: "Is he a horse?"

Hilarious goal for Napoli. Defender puts his hand up for offside, ball bounces off his back as he does so, rebounds to someone in an onside position who scores.

They go apeshit with the referee. :lol:

Think someone's been sent off for whining about it for five minutes straight.

That Atalanta defender :lol: Mario Yepes red card :lol:

Good goal. Daft of that #27 for not playing to the whistle or just lashing the ball out, and Yepes for arguing with a correct decision. :lol:

Hilarious goal for Napoli. Defender puts his hand up for offside, ball bounces off his back as he does so, rebounds to someone in an onside position who scores.

Good goal. Daft of that #27 for not playing to the whistle or just lashing the ball out, and Yepes for arguing with a correct decision. :lol:

I don't think it's the correct decision though, as the defender wouldn't have had to be there unless it was for the player who was off side. If you intercept a pass to an off side player, but the ball is deflected to someone on side, I think that should be flagged for off side. Not 100 % sure though.

I don't think it's the correct decision though, as the defender wouldn't have had to be there unless it was for the player who was off side. If you intercept a pass to an off side player, but the ball is deflected to someone on side, I think that should be flagged for off side. Not 100 % sure though.

I see your point but we have seen many a pass deflected off a defender to an 'offside' player who went on to score a valid goal. The player in this case had not touched the ball. If he had he would be called offside under the current rule.

That Atalanta defender should have cleared the ball into the stands anyway. He's well placed to deal with that ball.

Remember when Man City sent a ball cutting through our entire defence. Aguero was in a miles offside position and there was no offside flag as he hadn't touch the ball. Only when he had a touch was he called offside.

Some videos explaining the offside rule - http://garcia-aranda.com/offsideifab/eng001.html

In the end the new offside rule does tend to cause more controversial decisions as opposed to the old simple rule. Somehow I feel the people at FIFA are delightfully toasting each other over generating more controversies and discussion points in the game.

Pinto - Alves Bartra Puyol Adriano - Cesc Song SergiRoberto - Tello Messi Neymar

Interesting to see Messi and Neymar once again. Hope they can get it going even if it's just a Copa del Rey tie that is over anyways.