The 2013/14 Betting Thread

Kaizero

Just seen Man United are out at 10/1 for the title.

I think they'll still have a real chance if they are still in touch at Christmas - both Moyes and Fergson teams have usually performed much better in the 2nd half of a season than in the first. And they did win it by 11 points last year as well.

can still get 5/1 on them, which is still a decent bet imo.

Can't believe I passed up the 8/1 on Ronaldo for the Ballon d'Or a couple of weeks ago.

Issue is, feels like I'm betting on not who should get it, but how they'll vote. And I have a feeling they'll vote for Ribery because of the 'story' of the treble. Ronaldo still at 4/1 though I think is far too long. It's surely either Ribery or Ronaldo.

Issue is, didn't the vote take place a month ago or so?

Can't believe I passed up the 8/1 on Ronaldo for the Ballon d'Or a couple of weeks ago.

Issue is, feels like I'm betting on not who should get it, but how they'll vote. And I have a feeling they'll vote for Ribery because of the 'story' of the treble. Ronaldo still at 4/1 though I think is far too long. It's surely either Ribery or Ronaldo.

Yeah, think it ended in October. I've got Ronaldo at 5's, 11/4 best priced now but agree with you on Ribery getting the votes based on his teams achievements. Like you, just felt odds were too long on Ronaldo.

Guest Roger Kint

Yeah, think it ended in October. I've got Ronaldo at 5's, 11/4 best priced now but agree with you on Ribery getting the votes based on his teams achievements. Like you, just felt odds were too long on Ronaldo.

Feel sorry for Ron if Ribery gets it this year and he is second again. Imagine finally beating Messi and some ugly French twat swoops in over you? :lol:

England at over evens is too big IMO.

I'm well aware of Chile's quality and the possibility of us trying a few new players, but I certainly don't think we should be above evens. Think 4/6 would've been about fair, maybe 8/11. Vidal and Valdivia both probably out too. Arguably their 2 best players, Sanchez aside. Those 2 play and it's a different story.

Still think Chile will score, mind. 2-1 England I'd predict.

35€ on Portugal / Russia / Greece / Czech / Turkey / Ireland / England

35€ on England + Lampard / Portugal + Cronaldo

Edit:

First already gone. Thanks Russia.

50€ on Greece / Portugal / France +1 / croatia +1 / England / Ireland / Turkey / South Africa

25€ on Italy + Balotelli