Rangers 1 - 1 Newcastle United - pretend you know how it went from page 18

Decky

Ahh right aye, we've got NO IDEA WHAT'S HAPPENING. We've all watched an Alan Pardew team for 2 and a half seasons, we know what's f***ing happening man :lol:

:lol:  Yes but the players are getting a free ride out of this performance whilst Pardew takes all the flak once again. The only player who once again didn't escape a few abusive posts was Jonas, just typical. Not a word mentioned about Cabaye/HBA/Cisse. Same old. These players mentioned might have had good games, i don't know, hardly read anything about Cabaye or Cisse and HBA lost ball a fair few times but he always does. It's just far easier to see Rangers score a pen after 5 minutes and say sack Pardew straight away and kick up a fuss within first 10 minutes of a pre-season friendly.

Guest Phil K

Despite the fact we've reportedly played some excellent attacking football this pre-season last night is all down to Pardew and how he's not changed. Our players are far superior to theirs, whether it be 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 we should be taking them to the cleaners.

Seems the only person who can't see Pardew's incompetence is Ashley, and bringing in Kinnear over Pardew is like trying to plug a hole in a dam by drilling another one.

:lol:  Yes but the players are getting a free ride out of this performance whilst Pardew takes all the flak once again. The only player who once again didn't escape a few abusive posts was Jonas, just typical. Not a word mentioned about Cabaye/HBA/Cisse. Same old. These players mentioned might have had good games, i don't know, hardly read anything about Cabaye or Cisse and HBA lost ball a fair few times but he always does. It's just far easier to see Rangers score a pen after 5 minutes and say sack Pardew straight away and kick up a fuss within first 10 minutes of a pre-season friendly.

But thats just it - it's a sign of how ********* useless Pardew is, if players can "get a free ride" it starts when the players don't have respect for a manager/coach, and respect is gained how ? By ABILITY. Something badly lacking with Pardew and his coaches  (AND Kinnear)

Ahh right aye, we've got NO IDEA WHAT'S HAPPENING. We've all watched an Alan Pardew team for 2 and a half seasons, we know what's f***ing happening man :lol:

Brett, we were shit for an entire season last time out. Think about that, an entire season.

Brett, we were s*** for an entire season last time out. Think about that, an entire season.

Yes i'm well aware we were, however Venky we have both been over this already this summer so let's not get back into it again. I'm backing Pardew and the players to respond this upcoming season and i believe we will turn things around. This is his chance for me, however if he's struggling and no improvements by around Xmas, I’ll hold my hands up, admit I was wrong, beg for forgiveness and ask for a new manager off Santa.

thought i saw some stuff this morning in the cabaye thread saying they'd flog him right now for a decent fee?  but at the end of the day brett the reason pardew takes the flack is he's responsible for all of the players, results and performances whereas ultimately cabaye is responsible for cabaye (on a very simple level)

one or two players you can accept playing poorly in a team, it happens, but at the level we're experiencing general incompetence and failure it's down to coaching and management

Guest bimpy474

Brett, we were s*** for an entire season last time out. Think about that, an entire season.

Yes i'm well aware we were, however Venky we have both been over this already this summer so let's not get back into it again. I'm backing Pardew and the players to respond this upcoming season and i believe we will turn things around. This is his chance for me, however if he's struggling and no improvements by around Xmas, I’ll hold my hands up, admit I was wrong, beg for forgiveness and ask for a new manager off Santa.

You'll get a white hairded fat bloke but it wont be Santa.

My feelings as well. I've have worries about Pardew's approach, like everyone. But I'm prepared to give him this season to see if he can get things back on track.

Pardew deserves alot of flack, but holy crap..........so do the players.

EVEN IF Sissoka is played on RM, he should be skinning these buggers all day.

EVEN IF Ben Arfa is played in the hole, he should be having an absolute field day.

Really dont see any players getting any heat, which is shocking. You could play Colo as the lone striker and we should still be beating a low division Scottish side.

Worth reiterating

My feelings as well. I've have worries about Pardew's approach, like everyone. But I'm prepared to give him this season to see if he can get things back on track.

:thup: If we didn't worry, people on here would think that we are even more delusional than they already think we are.

Guest neesy111

We go into the season with a backroom team of Pardew, Kinnear, Stone, Carver and Woodman we are asking for trouble. Proper league 1 stuff.

:sadnod:

Does anyone else get the feeling that the only problem Pardew recognised from last season was the lack of strikers? Now he seems to think everything will go smoothly once we sign a couple players upfront.

I'd love to see a manager who had a vision of how the game should be played and would instruct the players based on that. Do we try to keep the ball on the floor and stay in posession? Do we try to counterattack with pace? Do we concentrate on punting it long to our strikers? It's just a mess of everything without any playing identity. They don't seem to have a clear idea what they should do when they get the ball or where they should move when they dont have the ball. Just relying on the individual brilliance of a couple players who are cabable of creating something. Depressing.

Does anyone else get the feeling that the only problem Pardew recognised from last season was the lack of strikers? Now he seems to think everything will go smoothly once we sign a couple players upfront.

I'd love to see a manager who had a vision of how the game should be played and would instruct the players based on that. Do we try to keep the ball on the floor and stay in posession? Do we try to counterattack with pace? Do we concentrate on punting it long to our strikers? It's just a mess of everything without any playing identity. They don't seem to have a clear idea what they should do when they get the ball or where they should move when they dont have the ball. Just relying on the individual brilliance of a couple players who are cabable of creating something. Depressing.

good post, and as regards the bit in bold his formula for success when we finished 5th was based on little else than ba and cisse scoring goals out of nothing, so yes i'd tend to agree with you

Guest icemanblue

Did the St Mirren or Blackpool games have quite as much of a reaction as this, by the way? I can't remember much fuss being made.

Guest icemanblue

It was the worst performance I've never seen.

:lol:

you may 'lol' all you want but it's not far from what the people who were there are saying.

Eh? :lol: Ah, right. Soz. I'll try not to laugh at people's posts. Very grave and serious issue.

Guest Spark

I expected us to beat these but I'm not going to draw any conclusions yet. We've had shit pre-seasons in the past and done well enough.  We'll find out after the first five or so league games if we've learned anything from last year. Also, let's not forget the reports of us playing some really nice football in our other friendlies.