The Official Alan Pardew Excuses Thread

WarrenBartonCentrePartin

Guest icemanblue

The word "unsettled" will be used.

When making reference to a player we received a bid for on the day of a game? Yes, there is every chance this word could be used at some point. :lol:

Why that'd be laughed at, other than it being Pardew, I'm not sure.

When making reference to a player we received a bid for on the day of a game? Yes, there is every chance this word could be used at some point. :lol:

How would it unsettle the entire team, especially if he is left out...

Surely you know the rules by now?  We don't like Pardew.  Therefore, he can't use excuses that other managers use.  In fact, there can be no excuses.  Ever.

Guest icemanblue

You only said the word 'unsettled'. But, if he gets left out, then yes, the team would have been 'unsettled' by the bid. :lol:

You only said the word 'unsettled'. But, if he gets left out, then yes, the team would have been 'unsettled' by the bid. :lol:

By 1 player missing. So what would happen if he was injured? 

Guest icemanblue

What are you on about, man? Are you really trying to argue this? It's pretty clear that he'll be in the starting lineup for tonight. So, if he's now removed from it, the team has been 'unsettled'.

What are you on about, man? Are you really trying to argue this? It's pretty clear that he'll be in the starting lineup for tonight. So, if he's now removed from it, the team has been 'unsettled'.

Surely the team and manager can function without one player.

"unsettled"

Guest icemanblue

By definition, we currently have a settled starting lineup. Take a player who was due to start out of that, and the lineup becomes unsettled.

I hate myself.

By definition, we currently have a settled starting lineup. Take a player who was due to start out of that, and the lineup becomes unsettled.

I hate myself.

The whole team ? 

Unsettled by one player...

Unsettled.

Guest icemanblue
:lol: Well, I've been using this one for a canny few years. So, I guess so? I'm not particularly sure what the question means, to be honest. Is that good, or bad?

:lol: Well, I've been using this one for a canny few years. So, I guess so? I'm not particularly sure what the question means, to be honest. Is that good, or bad?

Just a playful dig. You'd probably be a hell of a lot happier not being on here tbh :lol:

Guest icemanblue

Just a playful dig. You'd probably be a hell of a lot happier not being on here tbh :lol:

I appreciate your concern, Jack. It's genuinely unexpected, but heartwarming. But, I'm comfortable in my happiness, for the time being. Bit stressed out over whether the new carpet will 'go' with the new sofa, without seeing them together first, like. I'm sure that's only natural, though, and it'll work out.

This was nice.