The Official Alan Pardew Excuses Thread

WarrenBartonCentrePartin

I still struggle how people can rate him to be honest.  He won a lot of fans over when we finished 5th, but I don't think anyone was kidding themselves he was an accomplished manager. Last season was back to usual form (going off his career past).

No one warmed to him from the start because not one fan wanted him here in the first place, and that was to do with his track record as a manager, which was shit.

He is very lucky to be where he is, and we as a club are very unlucky to still have him here. There is no way he is going to turn this around and finish in the top 5 again. I think he sunk too far last season.

Gone by December.

I don't even think anyone rates him anymore, you just get the odd person who wants to say he deserves a chance but they always go too far with it. I don't know why they bother tbh.

It's the whole negative attitude man. You are all going in to the season like we are doomed to fail before we've even kicked off for the start of the season, that's what is a shame. Gone by december, no chance he'll turn it around, fluked the 5th, going backwards. Just all negative comments and nobody actually getting behind the team and manager with under two weeks till it starts. Sack him posts against Rangers for gods sake.

To be honest Brett I had more time for your posts when you were just blindly choosing to believe everything would be fine. Nothing you've said about the way the team plays under Pardew makes me think we're going anywhere with him in charge. He's shite.

It's the whole negative attitude man. You are all going in to the season like we are doomed to fail before we've even kicked off for the start of the season, that's what is a shame. Gone by december, no chance he'll turn it around, fluked the 5th, going backwards. Just all negative comments and nobody actually getting behind the team and manager with under two weeks till it starts. Sack him posts against Rangers for gods sake.

Ahh man - the players were under fatigue

Guest reefatoon

It's not a case of that at all Brett. Being realistic crops to mind more.  The constant chirpy enthusiasm and trying to grab any kind of positive out of something that isn't there, is just as baffling though.  You are having a go at the fans who, after a dreadful season are a little worried.  Pretending it didn't happen and think we have a masterstoke of a manager in charge and everything will be all tickety boo just doesn't wash either. In all fairness it makes you come across a little crackers. (especially the part about us trying to play football more after January, as those last three home games clearly didn't prove).

To be honest Brett I had more time for your posts when you were just blindly choosing to believe everything would be fine. Nothing you've said about the way the team plays under Pardew makes me think we're going anywhere with him in charge. He's s****.

What will it take you to change your mind? I'm not having the whole good football bullshit, Wigan went down with that. Position wise? Top 4? Top 6? Top 8? ....a trophy? What will it take for people to accept Pardew again and support him and the players?

Guest reefatoon

To be honest Brett I had more time for your posts when you were just blindly choosing to believe everything would be fine. Nothing you've said about the way the team plays under Pardew makes me think we're going anywhere with him in charge. He's s****.

What will it take you to change your mind? I'm not having the whole good football bullshit, Wigan went down with that. Position wise? Top 4? Top 6? Top 8? ....a trophy? What will it take for people to accept Pardew again and support him and the players?

People ARE supporting the players though. We have potentially a cracking squad which is being massively mismanaged by the muppet in charge of them.  Most fans would like to see these players played in the correct positions and the their strengths.  If by some miracle Pardew does get us into the top 5 again or win a trophy, though I still wouldn't like the t***, he would gain massive respect from me for turning it around.  The thing is though, it just doesn't look at all likely.

I'm not having the whole good football bullshit, Wigan went down with that.

:lol: Come on.

Ahh right. You see, I AM having the whole good football bullshit. In fact, that's why I watch the game, to get some enjoyment from it. I want to see the team set out with the INTENT to win a game of football proactively, and I want to see it against pretty much every team we play. I want to see the likes of Jonas and Tiote dropped, I want to see the team set up to play fucking football and not stop the opposition, every week.

Incidentally, the Wigan argument is total bollocks as I'm sure you know, we're not comparable with them in terms of the players we can attract. We can afford to go out on the pitch and try and win matches because we've got the players to do it. It's no surprise to see you resorting to it though because other than 'just support Pardew because he's our manager' you've got nowt. I support NUFC, I don't have to lie to myself about the quality of our manager to do that.

If by some miracle Pardew does get us into the top 5 again or win a trophy, though I still wouldn't like the t***, he would have gained more respect for turning it around.  The thing is though, it just doesn't look at all likely.

So you would still want him gone if a trophy or top 5/6 finish came? This is my point.

Guest bimpy474

Funny thing but i've watched football for 35 years, the reason i watch it is to see it played the right way. I never realised that was bullshit tbh.

Guest reefatoon

If by some miracle Pardew does get us into the top 5 again or win a trophy, though I still wouldn't like the t***, he would have gained more respect for turning it around.  The thing is though, it just doesn't look at all likely.

So you would still want him gone if a trophy or top 5/6 finish came? This is my point.

I didn't say that at all though Brett, so your point is moot.  If he did manage that then he would have earned his chance to stay on.

I'm more of a results person than a performance person. I couldn't give a shit if we scraped or battled wins as long as we won. Nice football is great to watch but as long as i walk out the stadium with 3 points in the bag and things are working, like we did when we finished 5th, it wasn't pretty but results came, i'm happy for that. And I’d take it all over again. If you can gel both, that’s fantastic. Arsenal still arguably play some of the best passing football in the land when on top form but you don’t see many happy gooners around these days, they now just want trophies and results, if that means Wenger and his pretty football gone, so be it.

Funny thing but i've watched football for 35 years, the reason i watch it is to see it played the right way. I never realised that was bullshit tbh.

This is the way I look at it. We're not gonna win anything, so why don't we have a good time instead? This is certainly not the 'rather lose 4-3' argument btw, I want to win, but when you've got bad football and bad results it's not a nice mix.

Guest reefatoon

I'd be happy for us to just turn up at home and try and attack and win a game, not for the team to be sent out there to try and stifle the opposition and not let them score.  It's that type of negative shit that I detest and what Pardew always seems to do.

Still gets me angry that we went into the Liverpool home game with two defensive midfielders, the fucking bottler.  We need a manager who is strong and will play to our strengths, not a bottling cunt, that is shit scared of what the opposition might do.

This is the way I look at it. We're not gonna win anything, so why don't we have a good time instead? This is certainly not the 'rather lose 4-3' argument btw, I want to win, but when you've got bad football and bad results it's not a nice mix.

This is where we're at; it doesn't have much to do with what kind of football we like, it is more is the bloke effective at getting results and/or performances based on last season? You'd be hard pressed to say anything other than no.

I'd be happy for us to just turn up at home and try and attack and win a game, not for the team to be sent out there to try and stifle the opposition and not let them score.  It's that type of negative s*** that I detest and what Pardew always seems to do.

Still gets me angry that we went into the Liverpool home game with two defensive midfielders, the f***ing bottler.  We need a manager who is strong and will play to our strengths, not a bottling c***, that is s*** scared of what the opposition might do.

Or when against Man Utd and we played to stop them and won 3-0? Wasn't pretty, was just a combust battling performance in tough conditions. Was hardly exciting from a pure football perspective but we all left the ground on cloud number 9, if you didn't, then there is some serious issues.

Guest bimpy474

I think you can play decent football without being reckless, most good sides with good managers do this. Pardew plays boring football, with poor movement and despite keeping it tight, we concede goals at a rate that's pathetic. Take a look at Pardew's away record overall to see what i mean.

While i agree we should be looking forward to the new season, it's a tad hard for many reasons. Pardew, Ashley, JFK, hardly any transfers and a general feeling of dread on how were being run.

On Pardew, i wanted him sacked very early on last season, and had voiced my worries about our play when finishing 5th. The bloke is a poor manager, a League One manager at best. Our set penises show you all you need to know about how limited and unimaginative he is. He doesn't get his teams to pass the ball, he prefers a direct style, a style that is ugly and frankly doesn't work in modern football. I will however support the team 100%, I love supporting this club and long after this useless prat is gone, along with Ashley, I still will.

Guest bimpy474

I'd be happy for us to just turn up at home and try and attack and win a game, not for the team to be sent out there to try and stifle the opposition and not let them score.  It's that type of negative s*** that I detest and what Pardew always seems to do.

Still gets me angry that we went into the Liverpool home game with two defensive midfielders, the f***ing bottler.  We need a manager who is strong and will play to our strengths, not a bottling c***, that is s*** scared of what the opposition might do.

Or when against Man Utd and we played to stop them and won 3-0? Wasn't pretty, was just a combust battling performance in tough conditions. Was hardly exciting from a pure football perspective but we all left the ground on cloud number 9, if you didn't, then there is some serious issues.

One game out of how many, that style suited that game. Why not mention when Pardew tried the same tactic last season they murdered us 0-3. Yet Pardew used that crap style against everyone, it's useless and we finished 16th because of it.