Paul Dummett: Released (official)

Guest palnese

The TV feed isn't good enough to see if he had a look or not on my laptop but if he looks, he sees Darlow in a normal position before he runs out like a fucking lunatic.

Just had a look, he doesnt look at Darlow once from when he's in frame on the footage. He's running looking up and behind him at the ball all the way from the edge of the centre circle until he heads it (a good 20+ yards :lol: )

The TV feed isn't good enough to see if he had a look or not on my laptop but if he looks, he sees Darlow in a normal position before he runs out like a f***ing lunatic.

Just had a look, he doesnt look at Darlow once from when he's in frame on the footage. He's running looking up and behind him at the ball all the way from the edge of the centre circle until he heads it (a good 20+ yards :lol: )

You can look by moving your eyes you know, not your entire head. Impossible to tell on my crap internet here. Either way, at this level passes are made all the time without looking, if Darlow is where he should be it's no problem.

If Dummett has headed it back and Darlow is where he shouldn't be then it's Darlow's fault. If Darlow called then for me it would be Dummett's fault.

I'm guessing the former but from Darlow's reaction he looks fuming with Dummett so maybe he did call. Either way is a ridiculous goal to give away again.

99 times out of 100 that header back ends up comfortably in the arms of the keeper but for some reason Darlow's on the corner of his box. Literally nothing to justify him racing out of position, wrong side of the post, off his line and off balance.

Spot on.

I still don't understand why Darlow feels the need to go for that anyway. Dummett has a couple of yards on the lad chasing him down and even if he did beat him to it, the ball is going away from goal anyway so there's not much he could've done with it.

So frustrating.

The TV feed isn't good enough to see if he had a look or not on my laptop but if he looks, he sees Darlow in a normal position before he runs out like a f***ing lunatic.

You can look by moving your eyes you know, not your entire head. Impossible to tell on my crap internet here. Either way, at this level passes are made all the time without looking, if Darlow is where he should be it's no problem.

eh? His head was turned looking over his shoulder.  Possibly would have gone for a corner had Darlow stayed well back (better than conceding I know)

He's looking over his shoulder yes, but you can still use your eyes to glance in the other direction without turning your head. I've just tested it in the house and my eyes still work as I thought.

you got some owl shit going on with your eyes then

I still don't understand why Darlow feels the need to go for that anyway. Dummett has a couple of yards on the lad chasing him down and even if he did beat him to it, the ball is going away from goal anyway so there's not much he could've done with it.

So frustrating.

Assume he gave Dummett a shout to leave it. If he did Darlow would have either claimed it on the corner of his box or put it out for a throw. Dummett didnt hear him and/or thought he had it under control

Or maybe Darlow just made a error in judgment and went for a ball he shouldn't for the umpteenth time.

Or maybe Dummett's was the error in trying to head it.  Had he let it bounce and ran it into the corner the ball back to Darlow would have been on too (or just a normal clearance).

If either of them did the "alternative" to what they actually did, it would have been prevented. It's neither/both of their faults imo. Dummett leaves it, Darlow clears it and nothing is said of it ever again.  Darlow stays then collects the header back, nothing is said of it ever again

He's looking over his shoulder yes, but you can still use your eyes to glance in the other direction without turning your head. I've just tested it in the house and my eyes still work as I thought.

:lol:

If he's doing that though, then surely he doesn't even attempt that header because he can see Darlow being a tit.

:lol:

If he's doing that though, then surely he doesn't even attempt that header because he can see Darlow being a tit.

He will have expected him to stop and not carry on running like a twat. At the point Dummett heads it Darlow is directly in line with it but for some reason keep on going.

Maybe Dummett made an error in heading it instead of letting it bounce (I disagree), but in neither situation do we concede a goal unless our keeper is tragically out of position :lol:

I know, that's why I said it's both situations coming together at once that created the almighty fuck up.  Had Dummett left it (for whatever reason.. be it a shout or him turning his eyes over 130 degrees somehow like Greg can do) and Darlow cleared we wouldnt be saying he was tragically out of position. It'd be a standard clearance and not spoken about again

It's not uncommon for GK's to come out and clear the ball in that situation (despite what people here are seemingly trying to make out).  Could and probably is something as simple/stupid as Darlow not shouting loud enough for Dummett to leave it.

It was a long ball coming from a decent height. Dummett had to dive to head it. It's not unreasonable to think Darlow thought it'd clear him tbf (coupled with a shout as well)

If you look up and over your left shoulder can you honestly not see straight ahead in your peripheral vision and glance for a clearer look by moving your eyeballs? Something wrong with your eyes if you can't.

Dummett played a cushioned header to where he expected the keeper to be. Darlow, able to see the entire picture, charged out and went to collect a ball he could see was being dealt with. It's all on Darlow again imo, similar scenario to QPR a few weeks ago.

If you look up and over your left shoulder can you honestly not see straight ahead in your peripheral vision and glance for a clearer look by moving your eyeballs? Something wrong with your eyes if you can't.

:lol: we're clearly envisioning different things here

Anyway, time to get off the internet I think. I'm here arguing about how far eyes can roll in a Paul Dummett thread

Dummett played a cushioned header to where he expected the keeper to be. Darlow, able to see the entire picture, charged out and went to collect a ball he could see was being dealt with. It's all on Darlow again imo, similar scenario to QPR a few weeks ago.

Dummett didn't have to make the header, Cotterill was never catching him and he has no excuse for not knowing what was going around him considering the ball had travelled almost half the length of the pitch. I think it was 50/50 as Darlow didn't have to rush out even though he probably though he would get the ball into row Z of the Milburn. Darlow must be a bit thick trying to come out for that after his air kick against Norwich.

Dummett didn't have to make the header, Cotterill was never catching him and he has no excuse for not knowing what was going around him considering the ball had travelled almost half the length of the pitch. I think it was 50/50 as Darlow didn't have to rush out even though he probably though he would get the ball into row Z of the Milburn. Darlow must be a bit thick trying to come out for that after his air kick against Norwich.

I can forgive Dummett as he can't see behind him. Yeah he could have let it run out of play but he played the header towards the area every single person would have expected Darlow to have been occupying. Darlow didn't have to do anything other than stand still in the centre of his 6 yard box and see what happened. He decided to rush out and it cost us another goal and a couple of points again, just like QPR. Its infuriating. :hmm:

I can forgive Dummett as he can't see behind him. Yeah he could have let it run out of play but he played the header towards the area every single person would have expected Darlow to have been occupying. Darlow didn't have to do anything other than stand still in the centre of his 6 yard box and see what happened. He decided to rush out and it cost us another goal and a couple of points again, just like QPR. Its infuriating. :hmm:

He didn't have to see behind him, the ball was in the air long enough to check behind him.  I'm not absolving him of his share of the blame, I just don't think it was all down to him.