Paul Dummett: Released (official)

Guest palnese

Not been mentioned, but what a f***ing fantastic block tonight. He's an excellent last-ditch tackler, IMO.

Despite the fact it was his own fault he was in that position.  He's absolutely woeful, I've defended him a few times but he's genuinely s***.

He has his faults, no doubt. That catapult thing he does, where he has to wind up to swing a foot and pass the ball, drives me nuts.

He's poor as a full back, no doubt. Offers nothing going forward.

But he's an excellent tackler.

Thing about Dummett, his weaknesses wouldn't, in theory, be exacerbated by a move up to the PL. There'll be less of an onus on him to go forward with it and he seems to be similarly effective defensively. I do agree we need a better starting LB long term, though. Hopefully in the summer.

Better than usual today I guess, but I can't stand him. I've got no time for footballers who can't control a football.

Spot on!

Had a good game for him, but couldn't trap a bag of sand.

He gets far too much criticism. He's not there to be a playmaker but, he's reasonable quick, strong in th air if playing full back and his crossing is reasonable good. Some of his recovery work is very good.

Better than usual today I guess, but I can't stand him. I've got no time for footballers who can't control a football.

Spot on!

He gets far too much criticism. He's not there to be a playmaker but, he's reasonable quick, strong in th air if playing full back and his crossing is reasonable good. Some of his recovery work is very good.

:lol: It's absolutely terrible.

Spot on!

His crossing is ok; he's not Beckham.

Spot on!

His crossing is ok; he's not Beckham.

Agreed, definitely not terrible he's created a fair few chances this year not sure if he's had any direct assist like.

Apart from the fact he usually takes an age and about 4-5 attempts to control it. Which usually means his cross is blocked or he has to check back. His crossing is alright.

Gouffran and Dummett together is just ghastly, though. Both are just so slow to react and take forever to do anything. Usually just ends up in a backwards/sideways pass or their flank just gets ignored when we start an attack.

He is a solid enough player. I bet he is woeful at 3 touch 5 a side :lol:

Says a lot about the lad that he's probably the only player from the PL Rafa has always had as first choice.  I think a new LB will be relatively low in the priority.  CB, LM, CM, AM, Striker all before imo.

Probably more due to the fact that our only other LB options are Haidara (who is selotaped together) and Lazaar (who Rafa prefers as a winger) than anything else.

Still think his long-term future is at CB.

Have to agree with this. The Full-back position these days requires a dynamic athlete to play on his toes. Dummett is a decent defender but he's anything but dynamic. I can see him become our 3rd choice CB in the next couple of years. Will not sustain a career at LB for much longer IMO.