Newcastle United vs West Ham United - Sat 24th August @ 3pm (not on TV)

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The thought of playing Anita and Marveaux in central midfield...could our centre be any softer?  Wham will more liikely full over divets in the grass than lose the ball to either of those 2.

Reckon Pardew will put Willo at CB, MYM in midfield with Moussa and Anita.

I would play Marveaux as one of the front three rather than in midfield tbh, although even in a midfield three, him, Sissoko and Anita should be able to provide enough bodies to stop West ham players waltzing through. It's about closing off space as much as tackling hard these days.

So who do we drop from the front three?

If Santon ain't back I'd go...

Krul

Debuchy Yanga-Mbiwa Coloccini Dummett

Sissoko Anita Marveaux

Ben Arfa Cisse Gouffran

Flexible enough, without changing personnel, to change to a 4-2-3-1 or 4-4-2 if needs be too.

Could do with ensuring West Ham's 4-3-3/4-5-1 is more of the latter by forcing their 2 danger men (Downing/Jarvis) as deep as possible, Anita should be able to cope with Joe Cole in the middle, Sissoko = Diame or Nolan whilst passing the other on to Marveuax and the spare centre back, the only risk is getting done for pace on the flanks and midfielders losing runners but they are individual errors so not too much you can do about that aside from highlight the importance pre-game.

The thought of playing Anita and Marveaux in central midfield...could our centre be any softer?  Wham will more liikely full over divets in the grass than lose the ball to either of those 2.

Reckon Pardew will put Willo at CB, MYM in midfield with Moussa and Anita.

Softer yes.... but can actually give the opposition problems.

So who do we drop from the front three?

If it came push to shove, I'd play Marveaux ahead of Gouffran because he's capable of supplying and scoring goals. Disco's team looks good as well though and I'd happily go for a softer midfield if we could provide some real threat at the other end. West Ham don't exactly have the midfielders to tear us to pieces if we don't have a bunch of tacklers in there, there's every chance they'll be giving up possession quite a bit themselves.

Guest bimpy474

Krul

Santon  Colo  Mapou  Dummett

Anita

Sissoko  Marveaux

Ben Arfa    Cisse  Gouffran

If Cabaye plays.

Krul

Santon  Colo  Mapou  Dummett

Anita

Sissoko  Cabaye

Ben Arfa  Gouffran  Marveaux

I'd leave Cisse on the bench for a kick up the arse.

Guest bimpy474

Has Gouff had a chance to play centrally as the main man? Would be interested to see it at some point.

Only in a friendly, Cisse's form is so bad i don't see why it can't be tried, Gouffran works harder and links up better. Whichever way we go Pardew has got to get the one up out of his mind, it isn't working and hasn't ever.

4-3-3/4-1-2-3 for me, not 4-4-2 as we have nowt wide anyway.

Agree with Bimpy on Cisse, as it goes as soon as Remy is back i'd go with Ben Arfa-Remy-Gouffran.

Although i'm kind of hoping we get a left winger before then :lol:

Gomis for me, with HBA & Remy either side of him. Cisse benched until he gets his act together.

Guest bimpy474

Kick up the arse after 1 game away to City. Fucking Di Canio territory that you nutter!

Last season taken into account, if you go by the Man City game, a game you claim we couldn't ever win, or even compete in. Gouffran was far better than Cisse and at least showed some fight.

And like it or not, fight and effort is something we need right now, then again the manager has to show the way there doesn't he.

Guest icemanblue

Kick up the arse after 1 game away to City. Fucking Di Canio territory that you nutter!

Last season taken into account, if you go by the Man City game, a game you claim we couldn't ever win, or even compete in. Gouffran was far better than Cisse and at least showed some fight.

And like it or not, fight and effort is something we need right now, then again the manager has to show the way there doesn't he.

Hold on, hold on. We need fight and effort over technical ability now?!

Guest bimpy474

Has Gouff had a chance to play centrally as the main man? Would be interested to see it at some point.

QPR didn't he?

And scored funnily enough, we did go 4-4-2. Played off Cisse.

Kick up the arse after 1 game away to City. f***ing Di Canio territory that you nutter!

I'm out of any of these discussions where dropping Cisse is the answer to problems. Mind blowing, that has never even crossed my mind till it's just randomly popped up now, wish to never see it again. I'm out. I’ll come back when he’s popped the ball in the onion bag on Saturday.

Kick up the arse after 1 game away to City. f***ing Di Canio territory that you nutter!

He's been playing like crap for ages tbh.

With some service he'll get chances though. I would wait to see what happens in the next two games before taking a punt on Gouffran alone. We need all the goal scorers playing, we haven't got that many.

Guest bimpy474

Hold on, hold on. We need fight and effort over technical ability now?!

We need both and as i said the other day, i have no interest in your opinion.

Guest bimpy474

I'm out of any of these discussions where dropping Cisse is the answer to problems. Mind blowing, that has never even crossed my mind till it's just randomly popped up now, wish to never see it again. I'm out. I’ll come back when he’s popped the ball in the onion bag on Saturday.

You're an idiot.