Official website

Newcastle Fan

Guest Gemmill

:lol:  I love that you're taking this so seriously and actually trawling Toontastic to back up your arguments.  You've got rules on here, fine.  But is it really necessary to be so dickish when enforcing them (I'm talking about not just editing out links, but editing out links and posting HOW MANY TIMES??  WHY ARE YOU PEOPLE SO DUMB?? type messages in the original post).

I've only read the first page of that thread btw, and all I can see is me taking the piss out of Calimag for his passionate stance on moving the server for this site to Romania to circumvent the legal system.  I'm not entirely sure what point you're trying to make.

So the rules are understandable then? Only you called them fucking ridiculous, stupid and precious.

I just don't take to being slagged off for enforcing rules I don't like any more than anyone else. :(

No comment on other admin's techniques btw. ;)

:lol:  I love that you're taking this so seriously and actually trawling Toontastic to back up your arguments.  You've got rules on here, fine.  But is it really necessary to be so dickish when enforcing them (I'm talking about not just editing out links, but editing out links and posting HOW MANY TIMES??  WHY ARE YOU PEOPLE SO DUMB?? type messages in the original post).

I've only read the first page of that thread btw, and all I can see is me taking the piss out of Calimag for his passionate stance on moving the server for this site to Romania to circumvent the legal system.  I'm not entirely sure what point you're trying to make.

Oh come on.  Where's the pleasure in being a mod if you can't wave your clipboard at rule breakers?  bluewink.gif

Guest Gemmill

So the rules are understandable then? Only you called them fucking ridiculous, stupid and precious.

I just don't take to being slagged off for enforcing rules I don't like any more than anyone else. :(

I'll have to pay closer attention to your technique and let you know if it's acceptable Dave. ;)  Indigo has come to my attention as one of the key exponents of the Traffic Warden approach to forum moderation.  The swipe at everyone in the admin forum was perhaps slightly broad-brushed, but it did get a reaction, for which I thank you.  bluebigrazz.gif

I'll have to pay closer attention to your technique and let you know if it's acceptable Dave. ;)  Indigo has come to my attention as one of the key exponents of the Traffic Warden approach to forum moderation.  The swipe at everyone in the admin forum was perhaps slightly broad-brushed, but it did get a reaction, for which I thank you.  bluebigrazz.gif

If you were to actually look into what you're saying rather then just spouting bollocks for once then you'd see I've banned a total of.....

....wait for it.....

3 people (not including spambots), in almost a year of being a mod, if you think that's officious that's up to you, but I don't. Especially if you consider that one of these was actually spamming for a pay-streaming-site and that him and one of the others had been warned a number of times before being banned. The third person was Thompers, who claims ignorance, but if you believe he didn't know about the rules then you'll believe anything.

As for me typing "How many times do you need to be told?" well, it's a legitimate question isn't it? How many times do people need to be told something is against the rules and have the reasons for that be explained to them, before they accept it?

How many links do we have to edit out with a polite: <Please do not post links to streams/clips>?

How many times do we have to explain that this rule is not something we like, but rather it has been introduced to try and prevent the site being shut down?

How many times do we have to post articles proving that the authorities are going to crack down on this kind of thing before people believe it?

How many times do we have to tell you that what we consider very reliable sources have told us that this site, specifically, is being watched by the club with regard to this kind of thing?

How many times do we have to let people know that Chris has received emails from the club warning him to remove stuff or face the consequences?

Gemmill don't you remember what happened to Howaythetoon and Toonchat? You were around then weren't you, that was over fixture lists, for fuck's sake!! Those two sites got shut down for posting fucking fixture lists!! Yet people won't accept that there's a good risk of this site getting shut down for posting links to streams and clips!?!? So they'll happily shut down sites for posting something that has zero effect upon their income, maybe even benefits it, but they won't be bothered by something that allows people to get something that they want to charge for, totally free, that makes sense, doesn't it!!

Do you want this site to be shut down again?

Do you give a shit about all the effort that people put into making this site that you spend so much of your time on? (I'm not talking about me, I do fuck all)

If you still don't believe that there's actually a threat, then sign up to 5 proper streaming sites, I bet you within a maximum of two months at least one of them has had to change server, or is simply gone never to return.

On a personal note, given that you know about the other site I'm involved with, do you really think that of all people, I would want to stop people watching streams and clips, just for some kind of power-trip? Do you really think I'm that much of a hypocrite? Or do you think that there might just be a reason for me being as strict as I am about this on here?

Nah, of course not!! I'm just doing it for fun, I like deleting links, handing out warnings, and banning people, that's why I do it all the time!! - By the way, I've banned a total of zero people and must have warned less than five, for anything else - It couldn't be that what I've said above is actually the truth, that would be just be silly.

Abuse and all the rest of it, well I couldn't give a shit really, because no matter how stupid the levels of abuse get on here it's very unlikely to ever lead to the site getting shut down, as for people slagging me personally, well basically I couldn't care less. The day I'm hurt by what some faceless gimp on an internet message-board says about me is the day I officially declare myself a sad-bastard, go out buy a shotgun, stick it in my mouth and redecorated my front room with a nice red and white splatter motif.

As far as I'm concerned  anyone can bitch about me to their heart's content, something I told Thompers specifically in a pm, along with a guarantee that if he did I would not ban him and that I have asked the other mods to do likewise. Given that, I have to say Thompers, your above effort is pretty lame considering.

So whether it makes me officious, or not, I don't really care, we've told everyone the rule, we've explained why it's there, and what will happen if someone breaks it and regardless of me or you liking it, that's how it is, we'll just have to deal with it.

Guest thompers

If you were to actually look into what you're saying rather then just spouting bollocks for once then you'd see I've banned a total of.....

....wait for it.....

3 people (not including spambots), in almost a year of being a mod, if you think that's officious that's up to you, but I don't. Especially if you consider that one of these was actually spamming for a pay-streaming-site and that him and one of the others had been warned a number of times before being banned. The third person was Thompers, who claims ignorance, but if you believe he didn't know about the rules then you'll believe anything.

As for me typing "How many times do you need to be told?" well, it's a legitimate question isn't it? How many times do people need to be told something is against the rules and have the reasons for that be explained to them, before they accept it?

How many links do we have to edit out with a polite: <Please do not post links to streams/clips>?

How many times do we have to explain that this rule is not something we like, but rather it has been introduced to try and prevent the site being shut down?

How many times do we have to post articles proving that the authorities are going to crack down on this kind of thing before people believe it?

How many times do we have to tell you that what we consider very reliable sources have told us that this site, specifically, is being watched by the club with regard to this kind of thing?

How many times do we have to let people know that Chris has received emails from the club warning him to remove stuff or face the consequences?

Gemmill don't you remember what happened to Howaythetoon and Toonchat? You were around then weren't you, that was over fixture lists, for fuck's sake!! Those two sites got shut down for posting fucking fixture lists!! Yet people won't accept that there's a good risk of this site getting shut down for posting links to streams and clips!?!? So they'll happily shut down sites for posting something that has zero effect upon their income, maybe even benefits it, but they won't be bothered by something that allows people to get something that they want to charge for, totally free, that makes sense, doesn't it!!

Do you give a shit about all the effort that people put into making this site that you spend so much of your time on? (I'm not talking about me, I do fuck all)

If you still don't believe that there's actually a threat, then sign up to 5 proper streaming sites, I bet you within a maximum of two months at least one of them has had to change server, or is simply gone never to return.

On a personal note, given that you know about the other site I'm involved with, do you really think that of all people, I would want to stop people watching streams and clips, just for some kind of power-trip? Do you really think I'm that much of a hypocrite? Or do you think that there might just be a reason for me being as strict as I am about this on here?

Nah, of course not!! I'm just doing it for fun, I like deleting links, handing out warnings, and banning people, that's why I do it all the time!! - By the way, I've banned a total of zero people and must have warned less than five, for anything else - It couldn't be that what I've said above is actually the truth, that would be just be silly.

Abuse and all the rest of it, well I couldn't give a shit really, because no matter how stupid the levels of abuse get on here it's very unlikely to ever lead to the site getting shut down, as for people slagging me personally, well basically I couldn't care less. The day I'm hurt by what some faceless gimp on an internet message-board says about me is the day I officially declare myself a sad-bastard, go out buy a shotgun, stick it in my mouth and redecorated my front room with a nice red and white splatter motif.

As far as I'm concerned  anyone can bitch about me to their heart's content, something I told Thompers specifically in a pm, along with a guarantee that if he did I would not ban him and that I have asked the other mods to do likewise. Given that, I have to say Thompers, your above effort is pretty lame considering.

So whether it makes me officious, or not, I don't really care, we've told everyone the rule, we've explained why it's there, and what will happen if someone breaks it and regardless of me or you liking it, that's how it is, we'll just have to deal with it.

Fuck off, you bell-end. If you think I'd knowingly link to something knowing that it's against the rules and knowing that there's ban happy politically correct nob heads ready to "ENFORCE DA RULES AT EVERY AVAILABLE OPPORTUNITY" then you're a prick. You said in PM that the ban was harsh, you know the ban was harsh, and you're know trying to defend yourself by claiming that I consciously broke the rule. Total prick.

For the benefit of those who think I may be banned by abuse for me transferring a couple of home truths to indigo, he has in fact told me that I won't be banned for any attacks on him, so me telling him he's a dick head shouldn't be a problem, but lets face it, he's probably a liar as well as a cockfaced enforcer.

Fuck off, you bell-end. If you think I'd knowingly link to something knowing that it's against the rules and knowing that there's ban happy politically correct nob heads ready to "ENFORCE DA RULES AT EVERY AVAILABLE OPPORTUNITY" then you're a prick. You said in PM that the ban was harsh, you know the ban was harsh, and you're know trying to defend yourself by claiming that I consciously broke the rule. Total prick.

For the benefit of those who think I may be banned by abuse for me transferring a couple of home truths to indigo, he has in fact told me that I won't be banned for any attacks on him, so me telling him he's a dick head shouldn't be a problem, but lets face it, he's probably a liar as well as a cockfaced enforcer.

:lol: A little better, I give you 4/10 for that one.

By the way I only mentioned abuse, text-speak might still get you banned.

Guest Gemmill

....wait for it.....

CHOMPAFUCKINGSAURUS!

bluebigrazz.gif :lol:

Guest Gemmill

CHOMPAFUCKINGSAURUS!

bluebigrazz.gif :lol:

I was hungry.

http://www.nmpft.org.uk/IMAGES/filmimages/godzilla.jpg

No shit!  Like the one on the Chewits advert.  bluebigrazz.gif