NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

From today's De Jong article:

'Telegraph Sport understands that, although Newcastle have talked to clubs this month about players they are interested in, they have not made a single bid and time is running out.'

Not sure I have much confidence in us making a bid, negotiating and signing someone in the space of 3 days like PSG did

Guest Roger Kint

'Telegraph Sport understands that, although Newcastle have talked to clubs this month about players they are interested in, they have not made a single bid and time is running out.'

Not sure I have much confidence in us making a bid, negotiating and signing someone in the space of 3 days like PSG did

You didnt need an article to tell you we had done sod all this window did you?

You didnt need an article to tell you we had done sod all this window did you?

Not really no, but would have been nice to think that we had at least made a single bid for someone

If we were serious about signing Grenier we could get him. Lyon need the money apparently.

This 'difficult in January' stuff may be true to a degree other clubs are proving it that you can get the players if you work hard enough.

If we were serious about signing Grenier we could get him. Lyon need the money apparently.

This 'difficult in January' stuff may be true to a degree other clubs are proving it that you can get the players if you work hard enough.

So have we in the past TBF.

It wasn't difficult last January when the threat of relegation loomed. It's only difficult when it suits the cockney cunt.

So Grenier has the same agent as Remy and SSN now saying he was told he could go this month if an offer around £10m was made.

Can't wait for JFK's £2 million bid tomorrow and then after that is rejected a £4 million bid at 10.37 on Friday :)

The online article is a little different to how SSN reported it.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11678/9137531/transfer-news-remi-garde-wants-newcastle-target-clement-grenier-to-stay-at-lyon

Transfer news: Remi Garde wants Newcastle target Clement Grenier to stay at Lyon

Last Updated: 28/01/14 10:18am

Lyon coach Remi Garde is hopeful that Clement Grenier will be not be sold to Newcastle United, as Yohan Cabaye's replacement.

Garde was quizzed about France attacking midfielder Grenier after it emerged that Paris Saint-Germain had struck a deal with Newcastle for Cabaye.

Newcastle already had Cabaye's international colleague on their radar, and it is understood they could now test Lyon's resolve for the 23-year-old.

But Garde believes that, like they did when Napoli came in for Maxime Gonalons, they will stand firm.

"The Clement case, I have not discussed with my president. You tell me the interest of Newcastle," he told RMC.

"For Clement, I think it will be the same as with Max [Gonalons]."

Grenier also spoke about the interest from Newcastle and revealed that Lyon president Jean-Michel Aulas had earlier told him that he might consider an offer.

When asked about Newcastle, Grenier said: "I have only just learned about [Newcastle's] interest from the press, like you.

"I have no idea what can be said or done at this time. At one point, the president said that if a good offer is made for me this winter, he would look at it.

"I do not know if he received an offer or not and I'm not at all thinking about it.

"For the moment, it is not in my head. I have goals with Olympique Lyonnais for the end of the season, in the short term. I focus on it.

"The World Cup is one of my goals. It is in a small corner of my mind. Is it better for me to stay in Lyon? For the moment, yes. There are still many goals for me with Lyon."

Guest Roger Kint

Didnt realise how much Olivier Bernards voice is Geordie now, saying he doesnt think Ashley will pay for Grennier at all(as we all suspected)