NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I'll be shocked if we get that Striker we so crave. Hopefully I end up being pleasantly surprised.

I'd only be shocked because it would mean we'd be in the red, transfer wise, for the first time in a very long time.

Milan are desperate for funds, and are seemingly offering Balotelli to everyone!

We could never afford his wages, otherwise it would have been great. He's a fantastic striker, and he's mad enough to do something to get Pardew sacked.

Not really related to this but he was awful the few times I saw him for Milan last season. Not surprised they're selling him

I'd be hard pushed to name a single game where he's played well from start to finish... It's laughable when you hear people say he had a great Euro 2012 when in fact he was woeful apart a 20 minute spell against Germany...

I'll be shocked if we get that Striker we so crave. Hopefully I end up being pleasantly surprised.

I'd only be shocked because it would mean we'd be in the red, transfer wise, for the first time in a very long time.

That and these type of players cost major money, to get them they are going to need to go close to Shearer money.

Can't see Ashley sanctioning that personally.

Guest chopey

We already have our 4 strikers for this season, I think we might sign a centre half and that will be us done

Guest Roger Kint

Do the Forest lads not count now?

Do they? Hard to say when all transfer numbers reported are estimates, but depending on how generous/stingy one wants to be with them I thought there was still some money left over after Debuchy/Cabaye sales so I accounted for them there.

edit: really I don't care for my own, or anyone's, back-of-the-napkin math on where we're at budget wise and I don't want to argue about it. Even if we did end up in the red after their purchase they're not here this season and it's peanuts. I was talking about being shocked at spending a large sum on a player when the "budget" (Cabaye/Debuchy sales) was clearly at or near empty.

Guest Roger Kint

Do they? Hard to say when all transfer numbers reported are estimates, but depending on how generous/stingy one wants to be with them I thought there was still some money left over after Debuchy/Cabaye sales so I accounted for them there.

edit: really I don't care for my own, or anyone's, back-of-the-napkin math on where we're at budget wise and I don't want to argue about it. Even if we did end up in the red after their purchase they're not here this season and it's peanuts. I was talking about being shocked at spending a large sum on a player when the "budget" (Cabaye/Debuchy sales) was clearly at or near empty.

Based on what everyone was saying we were about £2m up on that business before the two this week. The whole budget thing is tedious and pointless at the best of times mind so not worth arguing over

Based on what everyone was saying we were about £2m up on that business before the two this week. The whole budget thing is tedious and pointless at the best of times mind so not worth arguing over

I don't think the money matters, I don't care if they make a profit as long as we have a squad capable of competing and I don't think we are far off, pity the manager is a total mong though

Guest Roger Kint

I don't think the money matters, I don't care if they make a profit as long as we have a squad capable of competing and I don't think we are far off, pity the manager is a total mong though

Basically my feelings too :thup:

A better CB would go a long way

Agreed and probably a Striker or Creative midfielder, but we look in reasonable shape, no team outside that top 4 have the ideal options they just have a manager that can compensate in most cases.

Guest Roger Kint

Agreed and probably a Striker or Creative midfielder, but we look in reasonable shape, no team outside that top 4 have the ideal options they just have a manager that can compensate in most cases.

The creative midfielder thing is pointless. Theres zero hope in it given how many CM we have. I assumed the striker bit as we seem to still be in for that so CB on top of that

It's just a horrible feeling that even if we did sign a centre half and top striker that Pardew is the one leading them. Personnel wise we would look in decent shape with the squad, but this clueless idiot will have Obertan in his starting line up because he did well once in a pre-season friendly.

Guest Roger Kint

It's just a horrible feeling that even if we did sign a centre half and top striker that Pardew is the one leading them. Personnel wise we would look in decent shape with the squad, but this clueless idiot will have Obertan in his starting line up because he did well once in a pre-season friendly.

No he wont

No he wont

We shall see, you may be regretting that emphatic prediction:laugh2:

trying to second guess what this idiot may do is not an exact science.

Guest Roger Kint

No he wont

We shall see, you may be regretting that emphatic prediction:laugh2:

trying to second guess what this idiot may do is not an exact science.

He will no doubt be on bench/play in cups sure. Pointlessly inventing shit when theres plenty to fling at Pardew already is stupid though

No he wont

Maybe not, but I think you get what I was getting at?

Guest Roger Kint

No he wont

That you even if you saw us in a great position squad wise you still feel the need to invent rubbish to have a whinge? :lol:

Genuinely have no clue what your point was other than that  :undecided:

No he wont

That you even if you saw us in a great position squad wise you still feel the need to invent rubbish to have a whinge? :lol:

I don't think he's making something up, being worried that if we buy two fantastic players they'll end up benched for carp players under Pardew is a realistic possibility, after all he has history of it (Tevez/Mascherano - Harewood/Mullins)

Guest Roger Kint

No he wont

I don't think he's making something up, being worried that if we buy two fantastic players they'll end up benched for carp players under Pardew is a realistic possibility, after all he has history of it (Tevez/Mascherano - Harewood/Mullins)

:lol: Pathetic

No he wont

Invent rubbish? I am not sure having no confidence in our manager is inventing rubbish?

Obviously my message wasn't as clear as it was in my head.

We have a decent squad, a few players away from having a more than adequate squad, yet I have no confidence in our manager to use that squad effectively and is fairly likely to play players out of position based on him getting his favourites in the starting line up!

Guest Roger Kint

No he wont

Invent rubbish? I am not sure having no confidence in our manager is inventing rubbish?

Obviously my message wasn't as clear as it was in my head.

We have a decent squad, a few players away from having a more than adequate squad, yet I have no confidence in our manager to use that squad effectively and is fairly likely to play players out of position based on him getting his favourites in the starting line up!

Like i said rubbish. Obertan is his favourite now? Is this based on your general fantasies or the actual fact Obertan has 1 league start since January 2013?

Obertan is a name I used. A bit like when we get linked to a striker and someone on the forum asks can he play left back? It was a light hearted comment me also trying to be funny (poor attempt I admit) indicating I have no trust or confidence in Pardew's ability. It's not as if I am going down Coral to put £100 on Obertan starting 20+ games.

Again all I was saying is that I believe that we have a decent squad but a shit manager. I would be surprised to see Obertan start, then again, I didn't expect Shola to get more credit from Pardew last season than HBA did.