NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Because none of the CMs are creative, sure the ones in front are but how are they going to consistently get the ball with the likes of Tiote spinning on the centre circle not releasing the ball quickly enough.

Basically we need a CM who is going to get the ball and quickly put the attackers in position to cause damage. None of them can do right now, they either don't have the vision or the ability to do so.

I can almost guarantee that at some point this season we are going to complain about the ball constantly sticking in the middle of the pitch not moving forward.

Because that's what is going to happen with Tiote/Colback/Sissoko/Anita in the middle and the likes De Jong and Cabella will be isolated.

A good number 10, which I hope De Jong and Cabella can be, can operate anywhere between your standard midfield line and your standard striker line. It's not like they're going to be completely cut off from Tiote and co. We're talking yards.

Sissoko and Anita are perfectly capable of picking up the ball and moving it forward anyway, so I don't really see the problem.

You could improve on them sure, but I don't see it as a priority at all.

I would agree, except this team is coached by Alan Pardew. We have had a problem with moving the ball from the half way line to in and around the box through out his tenure.

Except the problem has been flipped now, before we had Cabaye who could do what I described but there was few options in front of him.

Now we do have those attacking midfield options but no Cabaye to find them with regularity. If we still had Cabaye it would be great but sadly we wouldn't have these players if he stayed.

Because none of the CMs are creative, sure the ones in front are but how are they going to consistently get the ball with the likes of Tiote spinning on the centre circle not releasing the ball quickly enough.

Basically we need a CM who is going to get the ball and quickly put the attackers in position to cause damage. None of them can do right now, they either don't have the vision or the ability to do so.

I can almost guarantee that at some point this season we are going to complain about the ball constantly sticking in the middle of the pitch not moving forward.

Because that's what is going to happen with Tiote/Colback/Sissoko/Anita in the middle and the likes De Jong and Cabella will be isolated.

A good number 10, which I hope De Jong and Cabella can be, can operate anywhere between your standard midfield line and your standard striker line. It's not like they're going to be completely cut off from Tiote and co. We're talking yards.

Sissoko and Anita are perfectly capable of picking up the ball and moving it forward anyway, so I don't really see the problem.

You could improve on them sure, but I don't see it as a priority at all.

I would agree, except this team is coached by Alan Pardew. We have had a problem with moving the ball from the half way line to in and around the box through out his tenure.

Except the problem has been flipped now, before we had Cabaye who could do what I described but there was few options in front of him.

Now we do have those attacking midfield options but no Cabaye to find them with regularity. If we still had Cabaye it would be great but sadly we wouldn't have these players if he stayed.

i think the more likely pattern of play you'll see next season is tiote and colback being very static in front of the back 4, they'll take the ball and pass it directly back to one of the defenders and he'll then be under pressure and will launch it

we have one hope in the current crop of players to put together a team that can play it bit and get some movement going to make sure we're not caught on the back foot when we have the ball, and that's anita, however we all know he'll not be a starter

'a season outside the Champions League will not be damaging to his career' :lol:

It's sad, but when I read that statement, it did not to mean that Newcastle would be in the CL within a year, but Lacazette could move on to a new club after just one year with Newcastle.

I am actually OK with us being viewed as a stepping stone club (as long as its a stepping stone to the Champions league clubs and not to the likes of Spurs or Everton or Southampton).  My view is that for each player who uses us to step up and move on, another one sees us just as a step up and stays.

That process then fuels our progress upwards at a steady pace.

Life must be good in Texas to have that sort of mentality.

Yes, I know that I am isolated from the day to day feelings compared to those in Newcastle. So I'm probably less emotional about the team (and Pardew).

My point being, that we are not going to be able to challenge Man Utd, City, Chelsea, Arsenal or Liverpool. They are financially outside of our league, so we need to focus on solidifying our place in the next group with Spurs, Everton. We are not going to be able to take massive steps to change the team, we are just not set up that way (ahem, manager, ahem), so I see us taking smaller steps and if we need to turn over players every 2 years than so be it.

Milan are desperate for funds, and are seemingly offering Balotelli to everyone!

We could never afford his wages, otherwise it would have been great. He's a fantastic striker, and he's mad enough to do something to get Pardew sacked.

Its not just his wages we couldn't afford tbh, Milan would still command a large sum for him. He may divide opinions, but he is always good to watch in one way or another. He would certainly bring back some of the entertainment value to the club, which is something that we all know has been almost completely eradicated.

Its not just his wages we couldn't afford tbh, Milan would still command a large sum for him. He may divide opinions, but he is always good to watch in one way or another. He would certainly bring back some of the entertainment value to the club, which is something that we all know has been almost completely eradicated.

That article said Santon, Ben Arfa and12million.

That article said Santon, Ben Arfa and12million.

That would be one of the most crazy transfers ever. Think I would love to see it as there is a good chance Balo would beat the crap out of Pardew within a few months :)

Milan are desperate for funds, and are seemingly offering Balotelli to everyone!

We could never afford his wages, otherwise it would have been great. He's a fantastic striker, and he's mad enough to do something to get Pardew sacked.

Not really related to this but he was awful the few times I saw him for Milan last season. Not surprised they're selling him