NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

We really are f***ing amateurs when it comes to bringing in players.

It's a sad state of affairs that you envy clubs like Southampton who, days after selling Schneiderlin, seem to have invested in what looks like a very adequate replacement in Jordy Clasie. We sell our better players and wait 18 months to replace them.

Replace them? We still haven't adiquately replaced Carroll or Cabaye!

Or Demba Ba, Santon and Mbwia to name a few.

You probably haven't even replaced Perch or Leon Best.

We've had a downgrade on Best (Riviere) and we don't have a substitute right back so would welcome Perchinho back with open arms (not!)

Wish these rumours, any of them, would happen soon! If its true we are going for better players, sure there will be more competition but FFS, this is taking too long.  Worst case, I think we need most of our business done - i.e. first team players within the next 10 days to give the some kind of chance to get to know the squad - we have a hard start to the season.  They can focus on development player or what ever in August.

Wish these rumours, any of them, would happen soon! If its true we are going for better players, sure there will be more competition but FFS, this is taking too long.  Worst case, I think we need most of our business done - i.e. first team players within the next 10 days to give the some kind of chance to get to know the squad - we have a hard start to the season.  They can focus on development player or what ever in August.

shine on you crazy diamond

Nee hurry for Penfold - still have 3 weeks before the Southampton game.

Aye, because the two months since the season ended have been enormously productive so far.

Never thought I'd say this but bring back Lambeezy, at least he could get a fucking player signed.

Aye, because the two months since the season ended have been enormously productive so far.

Never thought I'd say this but bring back Lambeezy, at least he could get a fucking player signed.

He hired Pardew.

He hired Pardew.

My point was about transfers, that was quite clear.

I was surpised by the Spurs link, and ironically thought the same thing i.e. he's a bit similar to Townsend in style.  :lol:

However both would improve us substantially on the wings.  :(

Not a fan. All fart, no s***.

Surprised Spurs are bothered, he's not much better than Townsend.

They're colossally different players.

Think he means in terms of them both tending to put their head down and run at you, and tending to look to get a shot off. Their deliveries tend to be inconsistent too.