NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

God we're boring. I used to be excited about transfer windows. Now it's only preparations of replacing our best players with players who seemingly aren't that keen on joining us while their clubs hate us because we offer f*** all for them.

It's s***.

Its proper dead mans shoes, one out - one in.

Guest bimpy474

The later the sale the better for Ashley, whilst other clubs refuse to sell their better players at all, not this window or not so late in this window. Its perfect for his bullshit excuses "we tried" "not enough time left" "clubs want bigger fee's in January" "clubs don't like to sell their better players mid season", exactly how we should be with Cabaye.

Feel a little bit sorry for Pardew he will be the one to face the media and peddle the lies, he is never going to speak his mind on anything, will stick to the script  to keep his job.

I dont feel sorry for him at all, he knew what he was getting himself into and bullshitting come naturally to him anyway.

Guest Roger Kint

The later the sale the better for Ashley, whilst other clubs refuse to sell their better players at all, not this window or not so late in this window. Its perfect for his bullshit excuses "we tried" "not enough time left" "clubs want bigger fee's in January" "clubs don't like to sell their better players mid season", exactly how we should be with Cabaye.

Feel a little bit sorry for Pardew he will be the one to face the media and peddle the lies, he is never going to speak his mind on anything, will stick to the script  to keep his job.

I dont feel sorry for him at all, he knew what he was getting himself into and bullshitting come naturally to him anyway.

If Cabaye left with no arrivals regardless of the timing(which shouldnt be an excuse) then it will be interesting to see how it affects ST sales in Feb+

Dont see how its better for Ashley at all if fans wake up finally

L’Equipe are usually pretty good are they not ?

Newcastle bid for French midfielder

by MILES STARFORTH

[email protected]

NEWCASTLE United have had a bid rejected for Olympique Lyonnais midfielder Clement Grenier, according to a report in France.

L’Equipe claim the club has offered £11m for the 23-year-old France international.

However, the newspaper also reports that Lyon owner Jean-Michel Aulas is not willing to sell Grenier in this month’s transfer window.

French giants step up chase for Newcastle’s Yohan Cabaye

It is not clear whether Grenier is being lined up as a replacement for Yohan Cabaye, the subject of interest from Paris Saint-Germain.

PSG have had a £14m bid for Cabaye rejected, but the club is expected to return with an improved offer.

Meanwhile, it was claimed yesterday that on-loan forward Loic Remy had rejected a permanent move to United from Queens Park Rangers.

Remy is on a season-long loan from the Championship club.

Twitter: @milesstarforth

http://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport/football/newcastle-united/newcastle-bid-for-french-midfielder-1-6398884

Guest Roger Kint

Ignoring whether its true or not we couldnt even reach an agreement with Aulas for a player they didnt want in the entire summer, whats the point of trying for one he wont sell with only 4 days to go? :lol:

Ignoring whether its true or not we couldnt even reach an agreement with Aulas for a player they didnt want in the entire summer, whats the point of trying for one he wont sell with only 4 days to go? :lol:

Oh I in no way think we will get him, even if we had the full summer transfer window time scale.

Guest Brazilianbob

The only thing we can believe is the statement from the club that we may not bring anyone in in January.  All the rest is made up bull****, as the recurring them is that we have bid such and such for certain players, only for the club to state we have not made any bidsat all for any players ..including DeJong!!!!

Guest bimpy474

If Cabaye left with no arrivals regardless of the timing(which shouldnt be an excuse) then it will be interesting to see how it affects ST sales in Feb+

Dont see how its better for Ashley at all if fans wake up finally

Obviously it's not good for the team to lose Cabaye and not replace him this window. My point is i have no sympathy for Pardew as those are the circumstances he took the job under. You dont start a fire and then moan about things getting burnt.

Season ticket sales may drop but not enough for Ashley to worry or care, personally i think you could take 10,000 to 15,000 off the crowd now and he wouldn't bat an eyelid. Tickets are just a fraction of the money brought in. Now relegation might be another matter..

Guest bimpy474

Remember how excited we were at that big news on SSN earlier in the month? 5 signings they said. :lol:

Clearly it was the PR bullshit to cover for the pathetic FA Cup exit. The timing and nonsense of it stunk.

Remember how excited we were at that big news on SSN earlier in the month? 5 signings they said. :lol:

Clearly it was the PR bullshit to cover for the pathetic FA Cup exit. The timing and nonsense of it stunk.

It was as see through then as it is now

Guest bimpy474

It was as see through then as it is now

Is there anyone left who still thinks it was genuine. Must be potty if they do.

The way things stand we are very likely going to need replacements for all the following players in the summer:

Cabaye, Remy, Coloccini, Jonas, Ameobi

Add to that the complete lack of ambition and/or games means Taylor, Ben Arfa and Debuchy may want out.

Guest bimpy474

I missed that completely... we claimed 5 signings in this window? And it wasn't Kinnear just rambling?

Sunday morning after the FA Cup pathetic exit, the papers had stuff about us looking to sign as many as 5 players, and Kinnear saying no would leave in this window.

Call me suspicious about he timing, but it stunk, did then, does now and was clealry utter lies.

I missed that completely... we claimed 5 signings in this window? And it wasn't Kinnear just rambling?

Sunday morning after the FA Cup pathetic exit, the papers had stuff about us looking to sign as many as 5 players, and Kinnear saying no would leave in this window.

Call me suspicious about he timing, but it stunk, did then, does now and was clealry utter lies.

Well the nobody leaving thing wasn't utter lies yet, nobody has left. Obviously if we genuinely claimed to be making 5 signings that's mental... but was it anything more than just press bollocks?

Guest bimpy474

No. We didn't.

Yes we did, the Chronicle claimed the club were trying to sign up to 5 players.

No. We didn't.

Yes we did, the Chronicle claimied the club were trying to sign up to 5 players.

Sure they reported after Ryder's in depth investigative journalism IE: he watched SSN.

No. We didn't.

Yes we did, the Chronicle claimied the club were trying to sign up to 5 players.

:lol: :lol: