NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rather rely on Perez and Riviere in the lone striker role than to ever have to play Williamson or Obertan. Obviously I'd rather just keep our only proven PL striker and still get a winger in

there's currently three ahead of Williamson though, if cisses sold Austin is pretty much essential.

A forward is, not necessarily Austin.

A proven PL goalscorer is. I don't see an alternative.

Doesn't have to be PL. What I mean is we have athrough the middle, gets on the end of stuff striker already. I can't see those two striking up a partnership so I'd rather, if we are buying another forward, buy one who maybe more rounded than Mitrovic, capable of playing the supporting striker etc.

It does have to be the PL. We're not in a position to pay big bucks for a proven goalscorer from elsewhere who could easily turn out to be another Soldado.

Why are some so eager to sell Cisse?

I don't get it either. Even in a shit team that doesn't create chances he'll generally get you 1 in 2. If any player should be retained until he's physically no longer capable of playing in the PL it's Cisse. He's not going to fetch a high transfer tee or owt.

If it wasn't for the fact that we are very short of strikers I would want him gone - he's 30 now and this is the last chance to get a fee of any sorts for him. He has never reached the heights of his 2011/12 campaign when he caught a lot of PL defenders by surprise and everything he hit went in.

He will maybe get 10 goals a season and IF we were to sign Austin, I would sell Cisse - too much bad off-field publicity as well....

Oh yeah, at Newcastle United we have a glorious reputation of class to protect from bad men who cheat on women.

Last chance to get a fee of any sorts, man. Just listen to yourself. You've become an Ashley whore.

Problem with Cisse is that he is not a very good solo striker. Scores the chances pretty well yea, but can't link up play or play well with back to goal. He just doesn't participate enough in the build up. Dunno really what kind of striker he should play with.. worked well with Ba

Oh yeah, at Newcastle United we have a glorious reputation of class to protect from bad men who cheat on women.

Last chance to get a fee of any sorts, man. Just listen to yourself. You've become an Ashley whore.

Very few occasions where I would so unequivocally agree with Ronaldo, but he nails it...

:clap:

This SELL CISSE ASAP Brigade has me confounded since we started getting linked with any old striker. Incredible people are so eager to wheel out the man who has kept us in the premiership 2 years in a row. Listen to yourselves. We CAN have a squad, you know? With more than one fucking striker who can score a goal, 30 years old or not.

And the philandering :lol: moralizing about adultery doth not suit the club or even the age we live in.

Thought from the link we might be targeting Triple H. Would be better than Williamson, anyway.

I think Austin will come down to the last day, we'll try to get him and move on Cisse. The worry (or quite possibly the plan) is that we move Cisse out and then don't get Austin in.

Similar in other positions. Think if we can sell some retards we'll replace them them, can possibly see us finding a buyer for Obertan but Gouffran's reported wages makes him impossible to move on IMO.

McClaren mentioned the team building plan taking the next 3 transfer windows. I imagine a lot of that is down to how many players with contracts expiring next Summer. If they all leave that's about 8 players gone without counting players they don't want who have more than a year remaining on their contract. Hopefully a lot of the surplus to requirements players get sold or loaned out this transfer window. Our squad is quite big but the quality isn't great apart from around 15 players. There are a lot of squad places and player wages to free up.

Can't argue with Ron on Cisse. He would score anywhere for anyone.

That said, I've no problem with them looking to the future.

Mitrovic, Cisse and Perez is pretty decent for any club playing one striker.

If it wasn't for the fact that we are very short of strikers I would want him gone - he's 30 now and this is the last chance to get a fee of any sorts for him.

He has never reached the heights of his 2011/12 campaign when he caught a lot of PL defenders by surprise and everything he hit went in.

He will maybe get 10 goals a season and IF we were to sign Austin, I would sell Cisse - too much bad off-field publicity as well....

Apart from the obvious in that a fee isn't much use to us on the pitch, why do people assume that someone who  is 30 is going to stop scoring goals? He will probably be good for another 3 seasons yet, and even if you don't rate him, at least you know he can score goals in the premier. Mitrovic might be the next Costa, but until he's done it in the premier it's all speculation.

The more I think of it the more silly it would seem to sell Cisse and replace him with Austin or someone else. He's scored goals throughout most of his Newcastle career. Much rather bust the bank for another defender and possibly a winger.. Cisse, Mitrovic and Perez, with De Jong being able to play up there seems OK to me especially when we have more pressing areas.