NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I think McClaren is a bit like Hughton was in that he is cagey with what he gives the press. He didn't sound confident about getting more last week and hey ho we sign Thauvin. Still might be a chance I would say.

Players like Aarons, Perez and De Jong on the bench and we still start with players like Colo, Haidara and Colback :lol: :lol:

I'm happy with the signings made i must say, but not at the cost of a shit defence as we haven't solved these positions...

A shitty defence will mean that our attacking players wont be able to perform to their best (attacking as a team in general)

Players like Aarons, Perez and De Jong on the bench and we still start with players like Colo, Haidara and Colback :lol: :lol:

I'm happy with the signings made i must say, but not at the cost of a s*** defence as we haven't solved these positions...

A shitty defence will mean that our attacking players wont be able to perform to their best (attacking as a team in general)

That almost sounds like you are advocating playing Aarons, De Jong or Perez at centre half, left back or as a holding midfileder.

I'm happy with the signings made i must say, but not at the cost of a s*** defence as we haven't solved these positions...

That almost sounds like you are advocating playing Aarons, De Jong or Perez at centre half, left back or as a holding midfileder.

Was thinking exactly that!

Better than Williamson

The lack of signings for our defence makes it hard to be excited about our other signings, which i think have been good. Once again not doing enough, which is disappointing but not very unexpected tbh.

With all the 50M spent. the squad had to have an overhaul. the deadwood is still here and i fear the 4 new signings won't be enough.its no relgation squad,but not a 8th place squad.another medicore 11-14 season imo

With all the 50M spent. the squad had to have an overhaul. the deadwood is still here and i fear the 4 new signings won't be enough.its no relgation squad,but not a 8th place squad.another medicore 11-14 season imo

That would do me as long as the football is better and we try in the cups.

mcclaren said he doesn't expect 8th this year.

Guest Howaythetoon

Made a statement? Had he appointed an exciting manager, sacked off the dead wood and spent 100m that would be a statement. The players we have bought are not established players, they are basically potential and risky deals. McClaren is a steady eddy, an average coach who won't take this club to any great heights.

And we all know the only reason for all of this is because of AO.com.

Made a statement? Had he appointed an exciting manager, sacked off the dead wood and spent 100m that would be a statement. The players we have bought are not established players, they are basically potential and risky deals. McClaren is a steady eddy, an average coach who won't take this club to any great heights.

This seems a tad negative IMO and, if I'm picking it up right, overconfident in your belief about Cashley's deliberate negative intent. That is being seen to try and make a go of the club, but  just  tipping his cap at it really; because we don't like him... Personally, I'd need a fair bit of evidence to buy-in to that level of paranoia. From the outside looking in, we've made some cracking signings. Doubt Real Madrid are going to be depressed about missing out on any of them, but I assume that is because we are where we are. Not because we are pitching too low/being half-arsed. I also think, having made the signings and appointed a former national coach,  that we are now in a better position to sign a top rank CB. Fingers crossed...

Guest chopey

Our first 4 games were always gona be hard we've got to look at performances at this stage and see what the squad looks like on Sep 2nd before we can judge

This seems a tad negative IMO and, if I'm picking it up right, overconfident in your belief about Cashley's deliberate negative intent. That is being seen to try and make a go of the club, but  just  tipping his cap at it really; because we don't like him... Personally, I'd need a fair bit of evidence to buy-in to that level of paranoia. From the outside looking in, we've made some cracking signings. Doubt Real Madrid are going to be depressed about missing out on any of them, but I assume that is because we are where we are. Not because we are pitching too low/being half-arsed. I also think, having made the signings and appointed a former national coach,  that we are now in a better position to sign a top rank CB. Fingers crossed...

A tad?  :lol:

If we had of spent 100 million htt would have said we should have spent 200.