NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The worrying  thing about today's defensive performance is fat mike might think we will get away with  signing no more defenders when in reality big mike is very close to the team still even though  he doesn't seem to be rated by McClaren. I hope to god they care to realise at this stage that taylors a ticking time bomb from picking up a season ending injury.

On the Austin thing I would much prefer him than cisse,  thought he was excellent  whenever I have seen him play. I wonder if we signed him what that would mean...would we go two up front. Hard to know

The worrying  thing about today's defensive performance is fat mike might think we will get away with  signing no more defenders when in reality big mike is very close to the team still even though  he doesn't seem to be rated by McClaren. I hope to god they care to realise at this stage that taylors a ticking time bomb from picking up a season ending injury.

On the Austin thing I would much prefer him than cisse,  thought he was excellent  whenever I have seen him play. I wonder if we signed him what that would mean...would we go two up front. Hard to know

Doubt we will play two strikers; at least not very often. Think I prefer Austin too, but underwhelmed as strangely 'bonded' to Mitro already. Actually since that pic at Hilton, when he looked like a proper Gateshead lad, just strolling out of Wheelers...albeit 20 years earlier (...must have Chancel). Attachment reinforced today, when raw as he is he was totally up for it and honest. What you see, is what .... shatters yer cheekbones!

If we are selling Cisse we arguably need two strikers in, that said I wouldn't be that disappointed with Austin in, Cisse out. I am fast running out of patience with Cisse and he is getting on in years. It hasn't helped he has had zero service and I think he could still be useful for us, given service but given the choice of him or Austin I would pick the latter, who is in form and I think offers more. We still need a pacey striker that can create something out of nothing, not sure about the something out of nothing but Rolan definitely has pace, versatility and potential so it doesn't surprise me to see us still linked.

None of the above helps us fix our need for another defender.

£3.6m?, yeah not a chance they're accepting that for Cisse.

30 years of age with a dodgy knee.  I dont think we can command a hugh price for him.

Not being funny but it's not like it would be the first time we asked for too much and ended up getting nothing.

I'd rather keep him anyway, not particularly convinced Austin would be any better.

30 years of age with a dodgy knee.  I dont think we can command a hugh price for him.

Not being funny but it's not like it would be the first time we asked for too much and ended up getting nothing.

I'd rather keep him anyway, not particularly convinced Austin would be any better.

I think he is high on the list of players to be moved on, personally I wouldnt be fussed either way but I dont think we can ask to much for him.

No idea about any dodgy knee (has he ever failed a medical) but he scores goals and still has 2 years left on his contract.  £3.6m is a pathetic amount, if he only had a year left then maybe we should consider that sort of fee, but not right now.

Guest chopey

We should pay them to take them

SSHHHHHHH man lets just all pretend let it would be a crime to lose them but we can't stand in their way if they want to go

They broke the thauvin deal first didn't they? It's happening.

And most of the other transfers this summer, they are quite blatantly in bed with the club. Although doesn't mean everything they say is fact.

It would be funny if we signed Austin and Bird turned round and said I told you it was a done deal :lol:

If we hadn't signed a few decent players this summer we'd have got relegated. I like the players we have brought in but let's not f*** about saying Ashley has turned a corner or something.

I missed something? don't recall anyone on here saying that, twitter don't count they are mongs to a man :lol:

If we hadn't signed a few decent players this summer we'd have got relegated. I like the players we have brought in but let's not f*** about saying Ashley has turned a corner or something.

He has in a way, paying the going rate and not constantly looking for cut price deals is a change in direction. Don't think he'll go as far as we need mind and I don't expect this window to be a regular thing.