NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

In the New Year you could sell or let go of:

Sissoko

Tiote

Marveux

Obertan

Cisse

Riviere

Goufran

Williamson

Taylor

Elliot

Thauvin

Colo

De Jong

And i'd honestly think we'd be a better squad for it, even if we didn't replace any of them. That's how shit or much of a cunt these players are.

Not sure how that could make us a better squad like, but aye most of those wouldn't be missed at all, silly to say Thauvin should go at this stage though.

In the New Year you could sell or let go of:

Sissoko

Tiote

Marveux

Obertan

Cisse

Riviere

Goufran

Williamson

Taylor

Elliot

Thauvin

Colo

De Jong

And i'd honestly think we'd be a better squad for it, even if we didn't replace any of them. That's how shit or much of a cunt these players are.

Not sure how that could make us a better squad like, but aye most of those wouldn't be missed at all, silly to say Thauvin should go at this stage though.

Not saying he should go, just that he's done fuck all and won't be missed. tbh we shouldn't have bought him in the first place. That money should have went on two defenders.

Would be very hard to get Lennon on loan from Tottenham given he plays for and is owned by Everton.

Wat?

They've fixed it. When I first read that article earlier today it said he wanted Tottenham winger Aaron Lennon on loan.

Yeah, I was going to say something :lol:. I actually had to check if we loaned him again.

if nothing else they have to look at that defense and midfield and realise that its nowhere near good enough to survive in the prem with right?!! They are watching the same games as us?

Yeah but they don't give a shit.

you'd think they'd give a shit about potentially throwing away what £100m in tv money next year

if nothing else they have to look at that defense and midfield and realise that its nowhere near good enough to survive in the prem with right?!! They are watching the same games as us?

you'd think they'd give a shit about potentially throwing away what £100m in tv money next year

If you had to guess based on that article it sounds like Charnley last season, too fucking scared to act and spend money for fear of the wrath of Ashley.

I genuinely think Ashley is as hands off as he says he is.

Just incredible if true, utterly incredible.

If you had to guess based on that article it sounds like Charnley last season, too fucking scared to act and spend money for fear of the wrath of Ashley.

you know Llambias may have been a complete cunt in every single regard but at least he vaguely seemed to know what he was doing, Charnley seems lost tbh

you know Llambias may have been a complete cunt in every single regard but at least he vaguely seemed to know what he was doing, Charnley seems lost tbh

Sacking McLaren and/or spending a massive wedge in January is an acknowledgement he got it at all wrong for a second time meaning the balance sheet looks like shit. That'll be his job.

It's going to take an Ashley intervention again I guess.

Until Ashley understands that the manager is the most important person at the club, thus worthy of the biggest investment, then we'll go down eventually - this year or next. He's blinded with making a profit from players, obtuse when it comes to understanding the game and too stubborn to change his model despite it failing miserably.

This is the year, fat cunt. The squad's dead in the water - we're fucked.

If the Telegraph piece is accurate then this is by far the worst decision they've ever made, the worst thing we could do is to do nothing at all! I can't say I'd be surprised but that would be premier league suicide.

I can understand why after spending £54m they might be a little hesistant to take a throw-money-at-it approach. The killer isn't the money, it's the obsession with resale value without realising that throwing a bunch of randoms together equals rubbish form and worthless players.

I'm totally underwhelmed by the whole transfer strategy, unless we start buying premiership proven players with character then we are knackered

I'm totally underwhelmed by the whole transfer strategy, unless we start buying premiership proven players with character then we are knackered

Whilst it is kind of hard to argue against this, when looking at our current squad of no-hopers.  I really hate this term.  It's the sort of thing pundits like Merson say.  "I haven't heard of that player and I can't pronounce his name, he isn't good enough for the Premier League."

There are plenty of players out there, in other leagues.  That would be suited to playing here.  Our problem is the transfer strategy of just buying players with a re-sale value.  If it is true about not signing players under 26.  Then that's the first problem.  We've got so many weak, inexperienced players.  We have no leaders.  Buying players seemingly at random, just because there is potential to make a profit.  Is another glaring flaw with this strategy.  It's a sure fire way to building a shit team, full of mercs.  Which is exactly what we have now.

The sort of 'proven Prem players' we'd be looking at.  Would be overrated garbage, like Craig Gardner, Aaron Lennon or our very own Jack Colback.  If you want a player that can cut it in this league and actually perform on a consistent basis.  You're going to pay a fuck load of money.  Something we are never going to do.  Plus the fact, if they're any good.  They're highly unlikely to want to come to this lunatic asylum of a football club. 

Someone on here yesterday, put it much more eloquently than I ever could.  But they basically pointed out, that Carr has almost had to build 3 different teams here.  He has had some good signings and some bad.  But when the remit appears to be as mentioned above.  Is it any wonder why our team is so lopsided?

We needed probably a couple of strikers, a wideman or two, a complete overhaul of the defence and a genuine centre midfielder.  We got a young unproven striker, who is all about potential, in Mitrovic.  Then an even younger one, in Toney.  A number 10 who hasn't found a position that suits.  A centre back who is completely the wrong type to play next to our gutless captain.  We also bought a wideman, that had the French laughing at us.  So far, I can see why they were mocking us.

We have kept all the tried and failed shit around.  As nobody else wants them.  Which is probably where this sell to buy story has come from.  That's another problem with the current set-up.  Just because we have players at a position.  It doesn't mean they are serviceable. 

The problem IMO.  Is not the fact we don't buy overpriced, overrated shithouses from England.  It is the policy that is in place.  Until we start strengthening positions of need and not just looking at the chance to make a few quid on a player.  We are always going to have an unbalanced team, full of cunts that don't want to be here.