Aston Villa 1 - 2 Newcastle United - 14/09/13 - post-match reaction from page 33

Beren

Newcastle manager Alan Pardew: "We carried a lot of offensive threat. We haven't had enough threat, but we've got it now. Hatem Ben Arfa got a lot of headlines last time he scored against Fulham but I thought he did just OK then. Today he was unplayable. Hatem was on fire today.

"He has the ability to hold on to the ball and give us a rest, then burst past one or two players. If he can get consistency not only will he be a threat for us, but a threat for France at the World Cup."

He's spot-on when he compares the 2 performances, he had way more going right for him today than against Fulham.  It's a 7 or 8 out of 10 performance versus a 10 out of 10 performance.  By nature, Ben Arfa should have more joy when we're the away team and there is more space to play in though.

Pardew was also going on about him improving his consistency, which I think is a bit rich considering he's usually the best (or one of the best) of a bad bunch.  Keep him fit, trust him and let him play, we don't have to worry about his consistency because he'll generally be our most threatening player.  Some days it'll come off, some days it won't so much but he'll always have that threat.

Guest Haris Vuckic

Apart from our regular capitulation to Man City we've had a great start to the season. 4 points from two tricky home games and a victory away to a team that got off to a flyer.

Newcastle manager Alan Pardew: "We carried a lot of offensive threat. We haven't had enough threat, but we've got it now. Hatem Ben Arfa got a lot of headlines last time he scored against Fulham but I thought he did just OK then. Today he was unplayable. Hatem was on fire today.

"He has the ability to hold on to the ball and give us a rest, then burst past one or two players. If he can get consistency not only will he be a threat for us, but a threat for France at the World Cup."

He's spot-on when he compares the 2 performances, he had way more going right for him today than against Fulham.  It's a 7 or 8 out of 10 performance versus a 10 out of 10 performance.  By nature, Ben Arfa should have more joy when we're the away team and there is more space to play in though.

Pardew was also going on about him improving his consistency, which I think is a bit rich considering he's usually the best (or one of the best) of a bad bunch.  Keep him fit, trust him and let him play, we don't have to worry about his consistency because he'll generally be our most threatening player.  Some days it'll come off, some days it won't so much but he'll always have that threat.

Ahem  it's frett mate.

Guest Haris Vuckic

Very surprised/delighted at how poor Villa looked. Lambert has created a very one-dimensional side. Hilarious. Hope they struggle painfully.

To be fair we reduced them to speculative long balls, They are capable of a lot more given the chance.

Everything went better than expected.

Also, Hatem's interview for the BBC is the most adorable one ever. When talking about playing in front of our fans he says something like "When you hear zem say 'Go! Go! Go! Take 'im on, take 'im on! I give zem pleasure and zey give back." :aww:

Preliminary bollocks ratings:

Krul - 5

Debuchy - 8 (point reduced for silly tackle resulting in booking)

Coloccini - 8

Mapou - 8

Santon - 9

Anita - 7

Sissoko - 7

Cabaye - 8 (worked his bollocks off for us, respect)

HBA - 10

Cisse - 6

Remy - 9

Gouffran - 7

Tiote - 6

Sammy - 7

Hang on, lets get this straight:

- Pardew picked our best XI in the right formation

- We showed attacking intent and tried to win the thing

- His subs paid off and we grabbed a desrved away win

- He said the right things post-match.

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/4/tumblr_l0z7qaEQWv1qaf8ryo1_500.jpg

Credit where it's due, although he shouldve done this a long long time ago. Hopefully this rids him of his bad habits and gives him the confidence to persist with these players. If we beat Hull, I'd love to think he will because we have a nice little team here. :thup:

Very surprised/delighted at how poor Villa looked. Lambert has created a very one-dimensional side. Hilarious. Hope they struggle painfully.

To be fair we reduced them to speculative long balls, They are capable of a lot more given the chance.

Oh absolutely, our tactics restricted them. We pressed well first half.

Still, their win at Arsenal had people jumping the gun. They're still average, as is Lambert. May they and their fans have a season of strife.

Guest bimpy474

Yep, we deserve credit for making them look poor.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/09/14/article-2420157-1BD0FBCE000005DC-758_634x423.jpg

Appreciate the sentiment and all that but that's shite :lol:

:lol: What's their obsession with whipping out the bedsheets for us? Hope the daft cunts enjoyed watching their team get embarrassed.

Guest bimpy474

How many opportunities has Pardew had to pick that starting XI? An awful lot of 'Pardew FINALLY picking the right team' comments.

Not so much the 11, more the system (4-3-3, Hatem further up field, Siss/Cabs/Vur in the middle etc), and no long balls. He could have done that stuff ages ok but refused and persisted with 4-2-3-1 and launch ball.

Surely you can see that.

Guest Haris Vuckic

Oh absolutely, our tactics restricted them. We pressed well first half.

Still, their win at Arsenal had people jumping the gun. They're still average, as is Lambert. May they and their fans have a season of strife.

Yeh are a very good attacking side but we seem to have sorted our defence out - I think had their goal gone into Chelsea or Man United's net it would've been chalked off. They still had a couple of good chances but what use is that if you can't get them on target.

It would've been robbery if we got anything less than three points today. Especially as we should've had a penna.

How many opportunities has Pardew had to pick that starting XI? An awful lot of 'Pardew FINALLY picking the right team' comments.

That's not really what people are saying, it's that he's repeatedly picked the wrong team with the players available to him.  People aren't expecting him to play players that are injured.

I'm really happy with the last 2 performances (and obviously results) and hope we stick to that lineup when everyone's fit.  Apart from Gouffran perhaps in for Cisse, given the form they're both in.