The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

Just now, Pata said:

I believe FFP.

It's just so fucked up system, Wolves and Everton were the two teams trying to compete and when it didn't work they have been fucking decimated. Spend better and all that but they dared to try and now both are in danger of going down.

They fucked it up, that's why. 

In the case of Everton, they've wasted horrific amounts of money over long periods - if you spend huge amounts of money on shit players for so long, surely you can expect to dance with relegation?

4 minutes ago, brummie said:

In the case of Everton, they've wasted horrific amounts of money over long periods - if you spend huge amounts of money on shit players for so long, surely you can expect to dance with relegation?

Well I said that myself. It's still shit and there to take care that clubs don't even dare to try to break the 'big 6' dominance as if it goes bad they are done due to FFP and heading to the Championship. 

Edited by Pata

They've been largely coached by fairly boring coaches. They built a decent team for the premier league while still in championship so when they came up they were well prepared. They were solid at the back with some excellent players to threaten on counter and that solidity got them far initially, but it wasn't refreshed and the Mendes signings stopped being any good and it's just curdled. I would be very surprised if they stayed up this season looks like a textbook backslide.

Wolves have had a good run in the Premier League, but I always found them utterly dull to watch and their model unsustainable and now it seems everything is coming home to roost for them. If they get O’Neill, he’ll be gone by January and they must be one of the faves to go down now surely?! 

Molineux is a horrific stadium to visit as an away fan. 

Stuck along the side of pitch, which makes it more difficult to generate atmosphere, but worse is the fact you literally can’t get into any pub In Wolverhampton, bar that one by the station. Utterly ridiculous.

Don’t have any particular gripe against the club/fans, but for the above, the sooner they disappear the better.

4 minutes ago, SteV said:

Molineux is a horrific stadium to visit as an away fan. 

Stuck along the side of pitch, which makes it more difficult to generate atmosphere, but worse is the fact you literally can’t get into any pub In Wolverhampton, bar that one by the station. Utterly ridiculous.

Don’t have any particular gripe against the club/fans, but for the above, the sooner they disappear the better.

I'd always recommend drinking in Birmingham city centre, or, even better, the Jewellery Quarter, where there are tons of very nice, very good pubs, then getting the tram or the train.

5 minutes ago, brummie said:

I'd always recommend drinking in Birmingham city centre, or, even better, the Jewellery Quarter, where there are tons of very nice, very good pubs, then getting the tram or the train.

We stayed in Smethwick. Cortinaville.

9 minutes ago, brummie said:

I remember the Rose Villa well, a decent pub.

11 minutes ago, brummie said:

I don’t doubt you’re absolutely right, which kinda proves it’s a pretty shabby state of affairs.

2 minutes ago, ToonToon69 said:

I remember the Rose Villa well, a decent pub.

That's a very nice pub, great food too. And the Red Lion just down the hill, other side of the clock tower.

The Jewellery Quarter is an absolute gem of an area. Oh, pun not intended.

Just now, SteV said:

I don’t doubt you’re absolutely right, which kinda proves it’s a pretty shabby state of affairs.

It's Wolverhampton. They've only just got used to trains and planes. They're not used to you lot, you're basically like Danes or Swedes to them.

Just now, brummie said:

That's a very nice pub, great food too. And the Red Lion just down the hill, other side of the clock tower.

The Jewellery Quarter is an absolute gem of an area. Oh, pun not intended.

I’ve never tried the food and I think I’ve been in a few bars around there in the past as that names rings a bell. There is a Greggs close by too if I remember right for a pre drink bit of bait.

3 minutes ago, ToonToon69 said:

I’ve never tried the food and I think I’ve been in a few bars around there in the past as that names rings a bell. There is a Greggs close by too if I remember right for a pre drink bit of bait.

Yeah, there's a row of shops the other side of the island from the RVT, there's one there.

11 minutes ago, brummie said:

My word. Why would anyone?

One of our lot has family there. Lovely people, he was NUFC through and through but with the thickest, I'm guessing Smethwickian, accent ever. Put us up and put up with us, cracking and unexpected Sunday dinner as well. But I'd never seen so many Ford Cortina's, even passing a car with a cover on, lifted the cover what are the odds.....a Mk IV fucking Cortina !

3 hours ago, brummie said:

Nah I think it's bollocks tbh. Having the audacity to upset the apple cart and they've been fucked because of it. It's shite. Just seems like a system aimed to scare off anyone who dares to try and compete with the established clubs. Just takes one or two iffy windows from Villa and Newcastle, a poor season in the league, and we're in the same boat. 

Edited by Optimistic Nut

FFP seems to be forcing Everton and Wolves into a sort of Leeds/Portsmouth situation despite the fact they're not financially in that position.

Makes it look more like the horseshit it is for me if so and could harness a 'cant win why try' status quo mentality amongst clubs and eventually fans. Which can't be good but not far from what the elites probably had in mind with it.

5 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Nah I think it's bollocks tbh. Having the audacity to upset the apple cart and they've been fucked because of it. It's shite. Just seems like a system aimed to scare off anyone who dares to try and compete with the established clubs. Just takes one or two iffy windows from Villa and Newcastle, a poor season in the league, and we're in the same boat. 

There is an element of that sure but evertons signings have been terrible. My hardcore Everton fan mate is 100% that the club deserve everything they're getting currently