The Managerial Merry Go Round™ - De Zerbi dezertin' Brighton

cp40

I wouldn't say they have improved their forward line massively.

Like I mentioned last week, can only be Hughton's fault. A fair amount has been spent on Becchio, Hooper, van Wolfswinkel & Elmander.

Do we know that they were Hughton's choices? Not many boards these days allow the manager to spend big money, especially those who have been sacked from two previous skinflint clubs like Newcastle and Birmingham.

Who cares? Hooper and VW are decent players he isn't getting the best out of.

How would you get the best out of them?

I'll pretend you haven't spent the last 18 months (rightly, mostly) accusing Pardew of not getting the best out of each player in the squad while failing to answer the same question.

For a start, I'd stop trying to contain even the poorest sides first and grab the odd goal second.

I'll pretend you haven't spent the last 18 months (rightly, mostly) accusing Pardew of not getting the best out of each player in the squad while failing to answer the same question.

For a start, I'd stop trying to contain even the poorest sides first and grab the odd goal second.

I love the amount of people on here that defend Hughton, find it rather amusing.

'Not his signings' 'only decent players' 'not his fault they aren't performing'...astonishing stuff!

I wouldn't say they have improved their forward line massively.

Like I mentioned last week, can only be Hughton's fault. A fair amount has been spent on Becchio, Hooper, van Wolfswinkel & Elmander.

Do we know that they were Hughton's choices? Not many boards these days allow the manager to spend big money, especially those who have been sacked from two previous skinflint clubs like Newcastle and Birmingham.

minor correction but he was never sacked from Birmingham, he got the Norwich job while he was there.

And while I can't say with 100% certainty that there is no DOF or board doing the buying at Norwich, I've never seen any evidence to suggest that its the case.

I love the amount of people on here that defend Hughton, find it rather amusing.

'Not his signings' 'only decent players' 'not his fault they aren't performing'...astonishing stuff!

Decent, dignified man is defended, slimy incompetent cuntbag is attacked.  Seems fine to me like.

Beating your enemies 5-1 as opposed to regularly getting hooped lube free by them might be one place to start.

I'd have him ahead of Pardew.

Definitely. He's a good manager IMO, and I still reckon WBA have a reasonable chance of staying up. Next 4 games are critical for them.

There are problems behind the scenes there, though, and I think Mel has made a mistake pandering to the players who want to play the type of football which saw Clarke sacked in the first place. At the time same time, they don't have the pace in their defence to play the high line Mel usually plays, so it's difficult.