The Managerial Merry Go Round™ - Kompany to FC Bayern

cp40

honestly shocked Hughtons still in a job really thought that Villa result would finish him off

It's mental, said this for months now. If they do go down, i'd be blaming the board, not Hughton. May aswell keep him if they go down, knows the Championship well. The fact he's survivied that Villa game tells me he's got the rest of the season now. Hope he does keep them up though.

The Spurs result kinda took the pressure off that Villa result.

in theory but the Villa game was of much greater importance since its a side around them plus away to a side whose home form at best is sketchy and on the back of the Spurs result with you scoring a very early goal, you'd be hard pressed to find a better scenario than that and to collapse is such a pathetic manner doesn't bode well for them.

^ Agreed with that, but thing is, Norwich are one team in the league that has not even had a 2-3 game decent run all season.

I can think of every other of the 19 teams and think of an occasion when they got 2-3 decent results consecutively, whereas Norwich, is just Boom. 1 WIN, then wilderness and losing for 5-6 games. then 1 win as the manager gets under pressure. Not to mention their summer investment and the fact that they are worse off the team they were last year.

I still desperately want them to stay. They are a nice little club, and usually Suarez is fond of them. Their first XI on paper is a lot more appealing to the eye compared to some of the shite in bottom half of the table, but they just can't get it together consistently, and it's probably down to the manager.

Looking at the squad I don't necessarily see much talent there, certainly nothing to suggest they should be on the top half of the table. I've never really rated Van Wolfswinkel. Which players in their squad supposedly suggest they should be higher up. Reputation wise you could say Van Wolfswinkel and Fer but neither are proven at this level. Obviously Hughton has got to put up his hand if he instigated the Van Wolfswinkel purchase but that leaves Snodgrass...

Looking at the squad I don't necessarily see much talent there, certainly nothing to suggest they should be on the top half of the table. I've never really rated Van Wolfswinkel. Which players in their squad supposedly suggest they should be higher up. Reputation wise you could say Van Wolfswinkel and Fer but neither are proven at this level. Obviously Hughton has got to put up his hand if he instigated the Van Wolfswinkel purchase but that leaves Snodgrass...

Snodgrass is actually one of their more effective players tbh. Not saying much but still. Also the question that can be directed at any manager to say how much of a success they've been is the team and club better than when he arrived, its hard to say it is to any meaningful degree.

I like Hughton but he's done the minimum at Norwich. The bare bare minimum. Will probably be enough to keep them up but he'll be gone at the end of the season regardless of what happens.

As a person or manager?

Thought he did a good job here, B'ham and in his first season at Norwich. But he hasn't kicked on and they look terrible. IMO he's still learning as a manager but he'll have to drop back in the championship.

Sounds about right :thup:

They'll win a few more games this season unfortunately. They won't be far away obviously but I can see them reeling in Palace and Norwich, maybe even West Brom too. I've already relegated Fulham and Cardiff.

Unfortunately they have a few games to come against those teams around them which will see them safe.

Thought he did a good job here, B'ham and in his first season at Norwich. But he hasn't kicked on and they look terrible. IMO he's still learning as a manager but he'll have to drop back in the championship.

56 this year. Don't think he's got much time to learn.