2014 FIFA World Cup Brasil™ - Europe vs. America

LucaAltieri
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Basically that football has no morals that supporters and clubs stand by people who have been

Infidelity

Wife beaters

Drunk drivers

Gambling addicts

Cantona Kung fu kicking a fan

And they then applaud them onto the pitch....no morals

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28036478

Luis Suarez bite: Reaction to Fifa's four-month ban in Uruguay: -

Uruguay captain Diego Lugano: "Indignation, impotence, I think that's what we all feel.

"We'd all like a fairer world, but that world simply does not exist. Those who rule, rule, and the strong ones are the strong ones.

"Keep feeling proud of Suarez, he deserves it.

"Nothing will stop us. We will carry on with humility, union, determination, recognition of mistakes, and with our heads always high."

Andreas Campomar, Uruguayan author of 'Golazo! A History of Latin American Football': "What is incomprehensible is the vitriol with which the English press, in particular, have gone after the Uruguayan. Far worse things have happened on the pitch, even where English players are concerned.

"For many Latin Americans the ban will have wider repercussions. It will be construed as the usual high-handedness Europe employs in relation to Latin America. A case of one rule for them and one rule for us."

Uruguay sports minister Liliam Kechichian: "This disproportionate sanction hurts us. We now have to see how we can help the human being (Suarez) and how the team shows the best it has and its love for the country's colours."

Uruguayan newspaper La Republica: "Fifa crucified Suarez and kicked him out of the World Cup.

"The 2014 World Cup in Brazil will go down in history as the one in which Fifa 'ex officio' stripped Uruguay of its most powerful weapon."

Robert Lima, winner of several Uruguayan championship with Penerol: "We should withdraw from the World Cup, because what they have done is so lamentable. But at least we can go forward with dignity."

:yao:

If Uraguay think Suarez biting isn't a problem then they shouldn't have a problem if the next person he bites literally punches his teeth out.

Guest TruToon94

Basically that football has no morals that supporters and clubs stand by people who have been

Infidelity

Wife beaters

Drunk drivers

Gambling addicts

TBF Cantona was responding to abuse from the guy who by all acounts was a dickhead. I really like Cantona but even so, I don't think the scenario even remotely comes close to the same kind of situation. The rest have no excuse though e.g. Andy Carroll

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28036478

Luis Suarez bite: Reaction to Fifa's four-month ban in Uruguay: -

Uruguay captain Diego Lugano: "Indignation, impotence, I think that's what we all feel.

"We'd all like a fairer world, but that world simply does not exist. Those who rule, rule, and the strong ones are the strong ones.

"Keep feeling proud of Suarez, he deserves it.

"Nothing will stop us. We will carry on with humility, union, determination, recognition of mistakes, and with our heads always high."

Andreas Campomar, Uruguayan author of 'Golazo! A History of Latin American Football': "What is incomprehensible is the vitriol with which the English press, in particular, have gone after the Uruguayan. Far worse things have happened on the pitch, even where English players are concerned.

"For many Latin Americans the ban will have wider repercussions. It will be construed as the usual high-handedness Europe employs in relation to Latin America. A case of one rule for them and one rule for us."

Uruguay sports minister Liliam Kechichian: "This disproportionate sanction hurts us. We now have to see how we can help the human being (Suarez) and how the team shows the best it has and its love for the country's colours."

Uruguayan newspaper La Republica: "Fifa crucified Suarez and kicked him out of the World Cup.

"The 2014 World Cup in Brazil will go down in history as the one in which Fifa 'ex officio' stripped Uruguay of its most powerful weapon."

Robert Lima, winner of several Uruguayan championship with Penerol: "We should withdraw from the World Cup, because what they have done is so lamentable. But at least we can go forward with dignity."

:yao:

If Uraguay think Suarez biting isn't a problem then they shouldn't have a problem if the next person he bites literally punches his teeth out.

He was lucky Chiellini's elbow didn't connect properly or he'd never have the chance to bite someone again.

Infidelity

Wife beaters

Drunk drivers

Gambling addicts

TBF Cantona was responding to abuse from the guy who by all acounts was a dickhead. I really like Cantona but even so, I don't think the scenario even remotely comes close to the same kind of situation. The rest have no excuse though e.g. Andy Carroll

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

All other fans are polite and courteous. Kung Fu kicking that one guy certainly helped put fans in their place. Ever since then the terraces have been rather cordial.

Guest TruToon94

Infidelity

Wife beaters

Drunk drivers

Gambling addicts

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

All other fans are polite and courteous. Kung Fu kicking that one guy certainly helped put fans in their place. Ever since then the terraces have been rather cordial.

Well nobody fucked with Cantona again, I'm sure.

FIFA should sanction a "free hit" like cricket have. When Suarez acts up you're allowed to smash his teeth out with no repercussions.

Seriously though how can the 3rd offence carry a lesser punishment than the 2nd? They should have thrown the book at him.

FIFA should sanction a "free hit" like cricket have. When Suarez acts up you're allowed to smash his teeth out with no repercussions.

Seriously though how can the 3rd offence carry a lesser punishment than the 2nd? They should have thrown the book at him.

It doesn't carry a lesser punishment.

Infidelity

Wife beaters

Drunk drivers

Gambling addicts

I'm having a slight problem with seeing gambling addiction in there after drunk driving and wife beating. :lol:

Wouldn't mind sampling her Belgian buns. Laaaaawd have mercy.

:scared:

You didn't even see her. She was certified YUM!

:lol: I want to see what certified yum looks like. Gimme a second.

I know I shouldn't but I really like the Russian National Anthem :lol:

I wouldn't mind Russia invading us next just to be able to call that anthem ours.

:lol: Gonna just keep saying it until someone checks. Montenegro.