2014 FIFA World Cup Brasil™ - Europe vs. America

LucaAltieri
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

http://l2.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/Tz9Pt296LQmxCi10fN5njQ--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7Zmk9ZmlsbDtoPTQyMTtweG9mZj01MDtweW9mZj0wO3E9NzU7dz03NDk-/http://media.zenfs.com/en_US/Sports/AP_Soccer/201406291259467542712-p5.jpg

Not a foul :lol:

That picture means nothing, look at the moving pictures ffs. Any single image can look worse or better.

I have looked at the moving pictures. Marquez is nowhere near the ball and his only intention is to stop Robben skipping past him.

I couldn't care less what Marquez was up to, Robben threw himself to the floor, he wasn't knocked or nudged, he threw himself over a leg. Threw as in dive, as in cheat.

I'm not denying he dived, that's not the point and I have already stated I am not proud/happy about that sort of behaviour. I do think there was a foul however, which makes the decision to grand a penalty justifiable. To be perfectly honest it's one of those you can give, but had he not given it I would have understood even though I would have been frustrated (as I was about the earlier incident which I assume you agree was more of a pen than this one). At that point it was 1-1 though, and although it can't be proven I do think we would have probably gone on to win it anyway, unless Mexico could have shut us out until the pens.

The equaliser was the real match decider. Up until that point I didn't think we were going to find a way back in it, and we possibly didn't deserve to.

http://l2.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/Tz9Pt296LQmxCi10fN5njQ--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7Zmk9ZmlsbDtoPTQyMTtweG9mZj01MDtweW9mZj0wO3E9NzU7dz03NDk-/http://media.zenfs.com/en_US/Sports/AP_Soccer/201406291259467542712-p5.jpg

That picture means nothing, look at the moving pictures ffs. Any single image can look worse or better.

I have looked at the moving pictures. Marquez is nowhere near the ball and his only intention is to stop Robben skipping past him.

I couldn't care less what Marquez was up to, Robben threw himself to the floor, he wasn't knocked or nudged, he threw himself over a leg. Threw as in dive, as in cheat.

Ok lets just never have penalties awarded again

Guest bimpy474

Well whatever conclusion anyone comes to, i would like the ref and linemans to explain why Robben wasn't given the penalty in the first half. That was the clearest penalty of the tournament so far.

While i think the actual penalty given is a cheating because of a dive, i baffled how the same ref can give that but not the first one.

I do think there should be more incidental allowed (or that it should at least be more consistent), but missing the ball and contacting someone's leg when they are trying to dribble past you is foul, regardless, and this was a penalty.

Simple as that really.

Well then don't tell me Fred didn't earn that penalty. He got a slight pull on his shoulder and fell, defender didn't even go for the ball.

Guest palnese

Oh my fucking God.

Guest bimpy474

Yes because that's exactly what i was saying wasn't it. Twit.

I do think there should be more incidental allowed (or that it should at least be more consistent), but missing the ball and contacting someone's leg when they are trying to dribble past you is foul, regardless, and this was a penalty.

Simple as that really.

Well then don't tell me Fred didn't earn that penalty. He got a slight pull on his shoulder and fell, defender didn't even go for the ball.

Not comparable imho although I can see why you are desperate to make it seem so. A slight tug on the shoulder/shirt happens hundreds of times in any given match, on both sides. An incident like this doesn't. Had Marquez not touched Robben he would have had a very good chance at a shot or pass (yeah right) to somebody in a better position.

Yes because that's exactly what i was saying wasn't it. Twit.

Twit :lol: Refs don't give penalties unless somebody falls to the floor so if players took your advice there would never be penalties

Simple as that really.

Well then don't tell me Fred didn't earn that penalty. He

got a slight pull on his shoulder and fell, defender didn't even go for the ball.

This is a bit different because Fred wasn't pulled at all. :lol: Also significantly more incidental contact is generally allowed above the waist and should be.

Simple as that really.

Not comparable imho although I can see why you are desperate to make it seem so. A slight tug on the shoulder/shirt happens hundreds of times in any given match, on both sides. An incident like this doesn't. Had Marquez not touched Robben he would have had a very good chance at a shot or pass (yeah right) to somebody in a better position.

That's ridiculous, Fred could've turn and shot if the slight touch doesn't come either. Neither are penalties, but I'll leave it at that.

Simple as that really.

That's ridiculous, Fred could've turn and shot if the slight touch doesn't come either. Neither are penalties, but I'll leave it at that.

:spit:

Guest bimpy474

Simple as that really.

Eh ? players slightly catching players happens over and over and over in every single game, it's up to the ref to decide if the contact warrants a free kick. Or if a player has dived as Robben does on a million occasions. It's a contact game ffs, not a tarts paradise of luvvie acting school.

Guest firetotheworks

The original debate was about Robben 'deserving' a pen because he 'could have went down' earlier...the penalty was a foul, it was just the way Chiles was going on, the really ugly man.

I remember Michael Owen falling over an outstretched foot against Argentina in 02. And there's little difference between that incident and today's.  Both were pens. Both left slightly unsavoury tastes for the over dramatising.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSLJewjcJ3du04a9q2a71ziOlzbvZYuPevkIMFKUJiSdzdrDZrU

Lovrens left arm, holds his shoulder. Check the moving images again. There's barely any contact, but I don't see how Robben gets away with it for you but not Fred.

Simple as that really.

Eh ? players slightly catching players happens over and over and over in every single game, it's up to the ref to decide if the contact warrants a free kick. Or if a player has dived as Robben does on a million occasions. It's a contact game ffs, not a tarts paradise of luvvie acting school.

Out of interest, and obviously inconsequential with regards to the later shenigans, but did you think the incident in the first half was a penalty?