2014 FIFA World Cup Brasil™ - Europe vs. America

LucaAltieri
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Fred didn't sell anything - it wasn't close to being a penalty. Nowhere near a foul. He barely touched.

He knew exactly what he was doing as soon as his touch wasn't 100% and he felt a brush on the shoulder, they do it every week in the Brasileiro. Player 1 - 0 Ref.

Dutch XI to face Spain tomorrow

Bp9okkrIAAA78Ym.jpg:large

Rare to see a Dutch team where I have really heard (and definitely not seen) so many of the players. Makes for a good watch though.

Brasil got the luck today, but the predictable outrage over the ref's decisions is tiresome tbh. Penalty? Harsh possibly, but the Croatian defender put his hand on Fred's shoulder from behind and even if the striker made a meal of it, technically that's an infringement. Same goes for the disallowed goal, he hit the keeper before the ball so you can't really argue it was wrong. All of these decisions could have gone either way, including the Neymar sending off claim, but they were hardly clear cut stonewallers.

Brasil got the luck today, but the predictable outrage over the ref's decisions is tiresome tbh. Penalty? Harsh possibly, but the Croatian defender put his hand on Fred's shoulder from behind and even if the striker made a meal of it, technically that's an infringement. Same goes for the disallowed goal, he hit the keeper before the ball so you can't really argue it was wrong. All of these decisions could have gone either way, including the Neymar sending off claim, but they were hardly clear cut stonewallers.

Thank fuck you're just an idiot on N-O than a refereee then.

Guest firetotheworks

Only saw the berating of tylfselt. What's his face is fucking worse. The one that allowed lowely fucking LEEDS UNITED to dream as if they were nowt. The one that says and Rooney and Gerrard and Lampard. Devil incarnnate.

Thank f*** you're just an idiot on N-O than a refereee then.

:thup:

Croatia coach Niko Kovac: 'we better give it up now and go home. We talk about respect, Croatia didn't get any.'

Little does he know he'll be going home in a suitcase.

Bit disappointed because I usually really enjoy watching Brazil - especially at the World Cup.

Oscar and Hulk were terrible first half, really poor control in the final third - and Brazil's passing was about as I'd expect from Newcastle in pre-season (or October for that matter).

Football's shiteness is spreading to areas which should be sacred.

Understand the penalty in a way - when swivelling to shoot on the turn, any physical impediment to that is critical. As it happens I think Lovren did stop short of actually impeding him, but the initial intention was there and Fred "capitalised". I wouldn't have given that particular one but I think more of that sort should be.

Forgot how truly turboshite ITV commentary is - when Hulk fed a ball through which Fred couldn't get on the end of, the camera cuts to a close-up of Hulk and the Flemish/Portuguese-speaking-and-lip-reading Townsend chimes in: "You can see Hulk telling Fred he needs to be a bit livelier there"

FUCKING IS HE, YOU TALENTLESS NOBODY? IS HE?!

Contact =/= foul

Still think the referee was told to ensure Brazil won that game and I think that will continue through the tournament. Maybe a bit paranoid obviously but there's a logic behind it that dovetails nicely with the current political situation too.

Hope I'm wrong btw. 

It was a 50/50 ball there to be won. Contact with the goalie was minimal, not that it matters, since football is a contact sport. He was going for the ball and he won the ball. If it had been two outfield players challenging for a header that wouldn't have been given as a foul. It was a fair challenge.

Regardless, in isolation it's not a big deal. Neither is the failure to send of Neymar for blatantly, and deliberately, striking another player in the face. There was no justification for the penalty. It just wasn't a foul. At all. Under any circumstance. There's nowhere in the rule book that says you're not allowed to touch an opponent.

However, we didn't watch any of these in isolation. Three key decisions went Brazil's way and it cost Croatia the match.

Only saw the berating of tylfselt. What's his face is fucking worse. The one that allowed lowely fucking LEEDS UNITED to dream as if they were nowt. The one that says and Rooney and Gerrard and Lampard. Devil incarnnate.

u on drugs m8

Contact =/= foul

Still think the referee was told to ensure Brazil won that game and I think that will continue through the tournament. Maybe a bit paranoid obviously but there's a logic behind it that dovetails nicely with the current political situation too.

Hope I'm wrong btw.

this

Contact =/= foul

Hope I'm wrong btw. 

I hope you're wrong too. Didn't say many decisions which smacked of corruption tbh - wrong calls, yes. Based on that I'd say Brazil got lucky this time - not least because Croatia had useless Jelavic upfront rather than someone to convert some of the fantastic positions they got in, first half. They were excellent. Really deserved at least a point the poor blighters.

Contact =/= foul

Hope I'm wrong btw. 

I hope you're wrong too. Didn't say many decisions which smacked of corruption tbh - wrong calls, yes. Based on that I'd say Brazil got lucky this time - not least because Croatia had useless Jelavic upfront rather than someone to convert some of the fantastic positions they got in, first half. They were excellent. Really deserved at least a point the poor blighters.

Playing 3 ball playing midfielders away to Brasil in an opening day WC game :smitten:

Be interesting (if a little sad for La Liga) to see how Rakitic gets on at Barça, hope he plays a lot.