2014 FIFA World Cup Brasil™ - Europe vs. America

LucaAltieri
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I get the feeling Oldtype dislikes Japan.

NPW.

Anyways, good win for Ivory Coast. Thought they looked very good throughout in the midfield part but lacked defensively and when you have Kalou and Gervinho the finishing ability to kill them off early. Yaya got better with the game and Drogba brought the spark by just stepping onto the field which in the end helped them turn it around. Still think Colombia will be a tad too good for them, but who knows, maybe Colombia has an off day next week.

Felt like Reddick when Boogie didn't shake his hand.

Hadn't seen that one, fucking classic Demarcus man :lol: Subtly telling the white guy to fuck off.

JJ's face. :lol:

Steven Gerrard didn't have his best England game having watched it again,  but neither was he shite as some are saying. He's playing a mundane role and to be fair to him hardly gave the ball away at all as Hans said. But to be clear im not saying he was good either, 6/10 performance.

So, Celso Borges then?

Kept things ticking over in midfield for CR. Not bad. Didn't stand out much other than that iirc.

Cheers. Players from the Swedish league really have no business starting in WC games, let alone winning games at the World Cup, so I'm over the moon for him.

I was particularly impressed with Sterlings technique and control in tight areas, a few times he turned two players and found himself in space. Looking forward to seeing more of him.

I was particularly impressed with Sterlings technique and control in tight areas, a few times he turned two players and found himself in space. Looking forward to seeing more of him.

Agree wholeheartedly. He can be whatever he wants to be.

Who are our better CFs than Wayne Rooney?

Sturridge.

In one.

It's arguable at best. Though they traditionally play in different positions and it's misleading to suggest we have more than one better than Rooney.

Guest firetotheworks

I was prouder in that defeat than I've been in most England victories over the last few years at least. It's odd. I thought we were very good aside from when it truly mattered.

I thought the BBC pundits were all spot on as well.