2014 FIFA World Cup Brasil™ - Europe vs. America

LucaAltieri
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Pearce’s moments of madness in full:

Pearce: “Well look at the boos and the Honduran players. And look at this again. We’ve seen so many spurious goal line technology replays. AND IT SIGNALS NO GOAL! No goal has gone up on the screen. The fans have heard it, the Honduran players have seen it.”

Keown: “But it’s a goal there...”

Pearce: “OH GOODNESS ME. THEY’VE CHANGED THEIR MINDS NOW. Does goal line technology work or doesn’t it?”

Pearce went on to say “Well which replay are we supposed to believe? This was supposed to be a flawless system.”

As Pearce began ranting that the referee couldn’t give it if he had ANY doubt, Keown, with the patience of a man explaining gravity to a small child, said: “Yes but it says the ball was over the line on the second instance.”

Pearce still wasn’t having it though, and later reflected: “ The whole goal line technology debate will flare up again because it was not good enough, was it? One moment we are seeing a goal given by the assistant referee, then the next thing we are seeing it’s not over the line in the replay, and then we are seeing it is over the line on the second one.”

:lol:

:facepalm: That's horrible. :lol:

Guest Haris Vuckic

It's like he was in a world of his own whilst everyone else understood a very basic replay.

Guest neesy111

Pearce: “Well look at the boos and the Honduran players. And look at this again. We’ve seen so many spurious goal line technology replays. AND IT SIGNALS NO GOAL! No goal has gone up on the screen. The fans have heard it, the Honduran players have seen it.”

Pearce: “OH GOODNESS ME. THEY’VE CHANGED THEIR MINDS NOW. Does goal line technology work or doesn’t it?”

Pearce went on to say “Well which replay are we supposed to believe? This was supposed to be a flawless system.”

As Pearce began ranting that the referee couldn’t give it if he had ANY doubt, Keown, with the patience of a man explaining gravity to a small child, said: “Yes but it says the ball was over the line on the second instance.”

Pearce still wasn’t having it though, and later reflected: “ The whole goal line technology debate will flare up again because it was not good enough, was it? One moment we are seeing a goal given by the assistant referee, then the next thing we are seeing it’s not over the line in the replay, and then we are seeing it is over the line on the second one.”

:spit:

Guest firetotheworks

It was really difficult to watch like. It reminded me so much of when I used to work on technical help and you got people that knew nothing about computers trying to tell you what's right and wrong.

He later went on to declare a goal from a shot that was about a meter wide and hit the advertising boards :lol:

Nobody in the ground was cheering and he just casually went along declaring France had taken a 3-0 lead.

:lol: It was him being so casual that made that bit so funny, he said it in that really arrogant way of his where he's so nonchalant that it sounds like he's falling backwards off his chair, presumably to reflect the play running up to the goal being so smooth and effortless but fuck knas.  Keown goes "Erm, I think it hit the side netting" and sounded deeply embarrassed.

Guest firetotheworks

Something's going on when Martin Keown is embarrassed for you. He was atrocious like, worse than aging Motson.

:spit:

This was fucking mental. I honestly have no idea what the fuck the confusion was about. It was always about the second instance. Clearly to make it completely simple for people like Pearce and the commentator who also seemed perplexed, they should only flash one sign with the decision at the end of the replay, goal or no goal. Aside from that, technology worked as it was supposed to.

Going to spend the whole competition hoping Klose doesn't get on the field and/or score.

Not a fan?

I am, very good player, but to have him as a the WC's top ever scorer just seems a bit off.

Got 5 v Saudi's didn't he?