2014 FIFA World Cup Brasil™ - Europe vs. America

LucaAltieri
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Going to spend the whole competition hoping Klose doesn't get on the field and/or score.

Not a fan?

I am, very good player, but to have him as a the WC's top ever scorer just seems a bit off.

Yeah. You can't have such a limited footballer defaulting his way to that accolade, like. How could anyone not German be a fan?

I swear Portugal have never had a really really good orthodox centre forward (so obvs not C. Ronaldo) in my lifetime.

Remember Pauleta? Fuck me he was shit. :lol:

Isn't Helder Postiga still in the squad too? :lol:

I swear Portugal have never had a really really good orthodox centre forward (so obvs not C. Ronaldo) in my lifetime.

Remember Pauleta? f*** me he was s***. :lol:

Nuno Gomes was pretty decent. Remember him putting a couple past England in the Euros (2000?).

Shut up Ian. He's played in 4 tournaments because of Germany's lack of striking options and scuffed/headed a few in before sinking like a big lanky stone at the business end of the tournament. Ronaldo's goals were the difference between QFs and winning the thing. Klose's goals are/were the difference between beating Arabs 5-0 or 6-0.

Guest firetotheworks

It's the idea of someone like Klose being ahead of someone like Ronaldo that does it for me. And that's not because I dislike Klose either, like Disco said, it just feels a bit off.

Pauleta was a pretty decent striker imo. Pretty much guaranteed 1 in 2 whoever he played for. 

Pauleta was a pretty decent striker imo. Pretty much guaranteed 1 in 2 whoever he played for. 

Scored 1 less than Lineker in international football n all. Not bad.

Guest palnese

Angrense

1995         Micaelense         23 (11)

1995–1996 Estoril                 29 (18)

1996–1998 Salamanca         71 (34)

1998–2000 Deportivo La Coruña 58 (18)

2000–2003  Bordeaux            98 (65)

2003–2008 Paris Saint-Germain 168 (76)

2010–2011 São Roque         2 (4)

Played for some right shite. Canny record, mind.

Pearce’s moments of madness in full:

Pearce: “Well look at the boos and the Honduran players. And look at this again. We’ve seen so many spurious goal line technology replays. AND IT SIGNALS NO GOAL! No goal has gone up on the screen. The fans have heard it, the Honduran players have seen it.”

Keown: “But it’s a goal there...”

Pearce: “OH GOODNESS ME. THEY’VE CHANGED THEIR MINDS NOW. Does goal line technology work or doesn’t it?”

Pearce went on to say “Well which replay are we supposed to believe? This was supposed to be a flawless system.”

As Pearce began ranting that the referee couldn’t give it if he had ANY doubt, Keown, with the patience of a man explaining gravity to a small child, said: “Yes but it says the ball was over the line on the second instance.”

Pearce still wasn’t having it though, and later reflected: “ The whole goal line technology debate will flare up again because it was not good enough, was it? One moment we are seeing a goal given by the assistant referee, then the next thing we are seeing it’s not over the line in the replay, and then we are seeing it is over the line on the second one.”

:lol:

:spit:

This was fucking mental. I honestly have no idea what the fuck the confusion was about. It was always about the second instance. Clearly to make it completely simple for people like Pearce and the commentator who also seemed perplexed, they should only flash one sign with the decision at the end of the replay, goal or no goal. Aside from that, technology worked as it was supposed to.

Jesus

Pearce: “Well look at the boos and the Honduran players. And look at this again. We’ve seen so many spurious goal line technology replays. AND IT SIGNALS NO GOAL! No goal has gone up on the screen. The fans have heard it, the Honduran players have seen it.”

Pearce: “OH GOODNESS ME. THEY’VE CHANGED THEIR MINDS NOW. Does goal line technology work or doesn’t it?”

Pearce went on to say “Well which replay are we supposed to believe? This was supposed to be a flawless system.”

As Pearce began ranting that the referee couldn’t give it if he had ANY doubt, Keown, with the patience of a man explaining gravity to a small child, said: “Yes but it says the ball was over the line on the second instance.”

Pearce still wasn’t having it though, and later reflected: “ The whole goal line technology debate will flare up again because it was not good enough, was it? One moment we are seeing a goal given by the assistant referee, then the next thing we are seeing it’s not over the line in the replay, and then we are seeing it is over the line on the second one.”

:spit:

This was fucking mental. I honestly have no idea what the fuck the confusion was about. It was always about the second instance. Clearly to make it completely simple for people like Pearce and the commentator who also seemed perplexed, they should only flash one sign with the decision at the end of the replay, goal or no goal. Aside from that, technology worked as it was supposed to.

Jesus

?

:lol: Is there video of this anywhere?

ITV coverage covering all the major talking points: "who would you rather be stuck in a lift with, Ronaldo or Messi?" :lol:

:lol: Ronaldo, man.

Chiles said Messi, Dixon said neither. Unsure myself.