2014 FIFA World Cup Brasil™ - Europe vs. America

LucaAltieri
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If Uruguay does the business in their last 2 games and qualifies directly, then we pretty much have all the Seedings:

Top Seed: Spain, Argentina, Brazil, Uruguay, Colombia, Italy, Germany, Belgium

Seed 2: Iran, Australia, Korea, Japan, USA, Costa Rica, Concacaf 3rd, Concacaf 4th/New Zealand

Seed 3: 8 European teams

Seed 4: 5 African teams, Chile, Ecuador

Seed X: a European team determined by draw, to ensure there won't be 3 European teams in one group. Serbia was in Seed X in 2006.

All of this assuming 5th South American team wipes the floor with Jordan, which they will.

Is it done on rankings?

Top Seed Yes. The other 3 are based on continental regions.

If Uruguay ends up in Play Offs, then Netherlands will most likely take their spot in the top seed. That's why Holland has to beat both Turkey and Hungary despite being qualified already. To keep their hopes of top seed alive. Ranking released after October fixtures, will decide it. 

Are Belgium and Colombia really going to be seeded? Over England and Holland?

Colombia has failed to qualify for three consecutive World Cups and lost in the quarters of the most recent Copa America. Belgium hasn't participated in an international tournament for 11 years. This is stupidity.

I am excited to see what Africa can accomplish in this tournament. Most of the bigger teams were in a bad way in 2010, but they've rehabilitated themselves with the notable exception of Cameroun. My invisible horse for this tournament is Burkina Faso. I think they will handle Algeria and they have quality in every unit of the team. The matches this weekend on the continent will be telling.

Which African teams you reckon will prevail in the playoffs Baba?

Well, Naija will be big favourites over Ethiopia and I favour us to go through, nothing I saw in from them in ACN would have me shaking. Cote D'Ivoire is better than Senegal and Burkina Faso will prevail against Algeria. Neither Tunisia or Cameroon really have any business at this World Cup, imo, but from the two of them Tunisia should qualify. Ghana-Egypt is a very be very tight, imo, two very good sides. I think Egypt will win, but it might need penalties.

I'm pulling hard for Egypt. Bob Bradley aside, it'd mean a lot to the Egyptian people. Who've enjoyed a pretty awful last few years.

Egypt definitely are the only nation in Africa to experience any recent hardship in the recent years.

Which African teams you reckon will prevail in the playoffs Baba?

Well, Naija will be big favourites over Ethiopia and I favour us to go through, nothing I saw in from them in ACN would have me shaking. Cote D'Ivoire is better than Senegal and Burkina Faso will prevail against Algeria. Neither Tunisia or Cameroon really have any business at this World Cup, imo, but from the two of them Tunisia should qualify. Ghana-Egypt is a very be very tight, imo, two very good sides. I think Egypt will win, but it might need penalties.

I'm pulling hard for Egypt. Bob Bradley aside, it'd mean a lot to the Egyptian people. Who've enjoyed a pretty awful last few years.

Egypt definitely are the only nation in Africa to experience any recent hardship in the recent years.

:lol: Come on, man.

So a World Cup final ticket costs a minimum of 440 US Dollars? I was applying to all these tickets thinking they were in Brazilian reais. 1000 bucks for a CAT 1 Final ticket.

FIFA are pisstaking.

So a World Cup final ticket costs a minimum of 440 US Dollars? I was applying to all these tickets thinking they were in Brazilian reais. 1000 bucks for a CAT 1 Final ticket.

FIFA are pisstaking.

You get it cheaper for being a Brasil-ite n all.

FIFA are pisstaking.

Not a Brazilian resident though, myself. Living in Europe and all. Will have to investigate that further. Have 13 hours to do so before application process closes.

FIFA are pisstaking.

Not a Brazilian resident though, myself. Living in Europe and all. Will have to investigate that further. Have 13 hours to do so before application process closes.

Ahh, thought it was just for Brazilian nationals. Surely there'll some way round it.

FIFA are pisstaking.

Ahh, thought it was just for Brazilian nationals. Surely there'll some way round it.

My idiotbrothers forgot to process their application. So right now, I'm the only one who have applied to tickets and based on our strategy I have only applied to tickets in Salvador. Meaning no Brazil games. :lol: This is w***.

when we in the western world have the exact same problem...

What countries are these then?

Sweden for one. We have bunch of immigrants working for slave salary over the summer collecting berries in the forests, promised loads of money and then don't have enough to go back home or enough to stay in the country, ending with tons sharing a room somewhere and working 4-5-6 months more than they expected while also starving. This in a country known for it's welfare. We have tons of problems like this all over Europe and the Americas.

All countries have industries that employ illegal immigrants at lower wages in jobs that unemployed nationals are "too good for." It's not perfect, but it's also quite a bit different than institutionalized slavery, which is what is happening in Qatar. And simply because we in the developed world have our own faults doesn't mean Qatar is exempt from criticism, particularly since the degree of severity is far higher.