2014 FIFA World Cup Brasil™ - Europe vs. America

LucaAltieri
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

This Algerian team was outplayed and didn't deserve to beat Burkina Faso in the qualification playoff and picked up only one point at the 2013 ACN, losing to Togo in the process. As always, World Cup is a totally different stage

Plus the North Africans are always able to draft in some more French players when the squad needs topping up.

What? They continuously lose their best players to European nations.. :lol:

Like whom?

NSIS

The likes of Zidane, Nasri, Benzema etc are all French. They are born in France and products of French life and the French football system. I don't see how they are 'losing' those players. If anything they are lucky to be gaining the 2nd rate of their diaspora in France when their own system can't produce players. If it wasn't for the French football system they wouldn't be at a World Cup.

Unprovable either way

How is it unprovable? :lol: Algeria have barely produced any players in the current squad through their own system.

It's ridiculous to suggest they've been robbed of a player such as Benzema, who's parents I'm fairly sure were born in France nevermind him.

Are you suggesting a huge talent like Zidane couldn't have carved out a decent career in football for himself had he been born the other side of a pond? Or he couldn't have chosen to play for Algeria if he had been so inclined?

This Algerian team was outplayed and didn't deserve to beat Burkina Faso in the qualification playoff and picked up only one point at the 2013 ACN, losing to Togo in the process. As always, World Cup is a totally different stage

Plus the North Africans are always able to draft in some more French players when the squad needs topping up.

What? They continuously lose their best players to European nations.. :lol:

Like whom?

NSIS

The likes of Zidane, Nasri, Benzema etc are all French. They are born in France and products of French life and the French football system. I don't see how they are 'losing' those players. If anything they are lucky to be gaining the 2nd rate of their diaspora in France when their own system can't produce players. If it wasn't for the French football system they wouldn't be at a World Cup.

Unprovable either way

How is it unprovable? :lol: Algeria have barely produced any players in the current squad through their own system.

It's ridiculous to suggest they've been robbed of a player such as Benzema, who's parents I'm fairly sure were born in France nevermind him.

Are you suggesting a huge talent like Zidane couldn't have carved out a decent career in football for himself had he been born the other side of a pond? Or he couldn't have chosen to play for Algeria if he had been so inclined?

So is it just pure chance that all the great footballing talent happens to be in the Algerian disapora that has been born in France and there's none left in the population still athome? Either a mighty coincidence, or that the footballing system/environment the player comes through is probably far more important to shaping the player than their natural born talent (if even such a thing exists).

Has anyone mentioned the ball in this World Cup? It looks like they've finally perfected...the ball.

We used one at 7 a side. It's really mint tbh

Looks good like. Last WC ball that I remember being good was the tricolour in France '98.

They should have stuck with modifying the basic tango design. They're still the greatest ball ever.