Cardiff City vs Newcastle United - Saturday 5th October

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest bimpy474

Shame we wont be playing like that though, i really do sense a proper defensive tight set up. Which will fail of course.

Guest bimpy474

Shame we wont be playing like that though, i really do sense a proper defensive tight set up. Which will fail of course.

Aye let's retreat against Cardiff ffs.

Funnily enough i'm rather looking forward to seeing how Pardew reacts. While i expect him to go into his shell and go defensive, he might just think sod it. If i'm getting sacked i might as well give it a go.

Funnily enough i'm rather looking forward to seeing how Pardew reacts. While i expect him to go into his shell and go defensive, he might just think sod it. If i'm getting sacked i might as well give it a go.

It'll definitely be interesting. Hopefully he'll see that he had started to get it right against Villa (and to some extent Hull) and the problems got worse when he tried to just stop the opposition.

It'll definitely be interesting. Hopefully he'll see that he had started to get it right against Villa (and to some extent Hull) and the problems got worse when he tried to just stop the opposition.

I hope so too gents.

The everton game wasn't the first when we played 2 holding midfielders and still got our asses handed to us.

I wonder if Pardew putting such emphasis on everyone we play affects the mind state of our players a little too much. Personally speaking I'd like to see us pick a formation and style of play which suites us and stick to it. All of this chopping and changing can't help a already unsettled squad.

Guest bimpy474

Bringing back Tiote was/is the dumbest move so far. Bringing in a DM who offers zero protection to the back four is rather.......thick to be honest. Not sure when it's going to dawn on Pardew that bringing in Tiote to stop the opposition doesn't work.

Sending Sissoko on the pitch with a good idea of what his role is would be nice, he looks lost and just runs around chasing shadows whilst occasionally picking up the ball and going a little run before stopping and playing a 3 yard pass.

I'm starting to get the feeling it will be this based on various different things.

Krul

Debuchy Taylor Coloccini Dummett

Sissoko Tiote

Jonas Cabaye Gouffran

Remy

Christ! I can't unsee that.

If that line up does come to fruition I see a meltdown occurring on here.

What a horrible side that is.

Guest hatem garrincha

I'm starting to get the feeling it will be this based on various different things.

Krul

Debuchy Taylor Coloccini Dummett

Sissoko Tiote

Jonas Cabaye Gouffran

Remy

Replace Taylor and Gouffran by Williamson and Cissé and you have Pardew team vs Cardiff

Remy central, Cissé on the right and Jonas on the left.

Krul

Debuchy      Saylor        Colo      Santon

Anita        Cabaye

HBA                  Sissoko              Remy

Gouffran

Swap Cabaye and Sissoko around and that's what I'd go with.

100% agree

My team:

Krul

Debuchy Mbiwa  Colo Dummett

Anita

Moussa  Cabaye

Ben Arfa                    Remy

Gouff

Anita role is simple cover the fullbacks/midfielder and come and take the ball of the centre backs and distribute it (like he did for Ajax)

I know it is very much scoffed at on here (given that it has never worked in the past), but we are shipping so many goals and have such attacking full backs, would 3 at the back be worth a shot? Drop one of our midfield 3 for Taylor, allowing the fullbacks more freedom to attack?

Liverpool seem to have proved it can work, and I wonder would it allow Colo to bring the ball out more in a Phillipe Albert style?

I know it is very much scoffed at on here (given that it has never worked in the past), but we are shipping so many goals and have such attacking full backs, would 3 at the back be worth a shot? Drop one of our midfield 3 for Taylor, allowing the fullbacks more freedom to attack?

Liverpool seem to have proved it can work, and I wonder would it allow Colo to bring the ball out more in a Phillipe Albert style?

The thought of Pardew trying to implement a 3-5-2 really is disturbing.

Personally I think we actually need to give the 4-3-3 a proper go.