sunderland 2 - 1 Newcastle United - 27/10/13 - post-match reaction from page 47

Dave

Once again, the second goal came as a result of our attacking play having a complete lack of incisiveness. So often we commit the cardinal sin of pushing 6-8 players forward without having any actual plan as to what we will do with the ball. We pass the ball around a bit, inevitably lose it, and the other side gets to attack a rather unprotected back four (or two).

Today, we lose the ball, Tiote is talking to the referee, Cabaye is pressing in our own half, the full backs are very wide, and with one simple pass they are 2 v. 2 against Mike Williamson and an inexperienced fullback playing centreback. This is understandable if we are causing a threat to them, but we were generally doing not much of anything as per usual.

This was a step too far for Paul Dummett. He's just clearly not a centreback at this level. We don't een know if he is a good enough fullback yet, but at least he has a chance to compete there. Today, he was out of position often and couldn't deal with physicality. I hope to see him more, but not in the centre.

Cisse cannot be played at this point. He is detrimental every time he touches the ball.

We all admire Ben Arfa, but he has to do more. He will always be an inconsistent genius, but his poor matches cannot be ones where he provides nothing to the side at all.

Hard to analyse that one, just an absolutely terrible game where one team managed to nick an extra goal. Both teams were pretty bad, we got hit with the winner when we looked the more likely to win it. We struggled to break out of the scrappy derby situation and turn it into actual football.

We can start with throwing a weeks worth of training away after 20 minutes if you like ian

I don't get you. Didn't we improve after 20 minutes? And we're much better in the second half?

Improve? we didn't create anything and again we hobbled ourselves by putting sissoko on the flank to accommodate a system which doesn't suit us.

Ian the point is the man is a coward who has no conviction whatsoever and that isn't difficult to analyse.

Tiote was our best player by far. Where's Anita gone btw? Should be playing ahead of Sissoko who's been shit pretty much since the day he signed bar three games.

:lol: As if Anita doesn't get a look in. Ridiculous.

Why send your best player from the first half dozen games on when you can send Shola on to play in midfield instead?

Pardew Logic.

Aye a ridiculous decision but you just knew it was the tactic of Shola dropping in the flick on direct balls to Cisse.

Which i might add has never ever worked between those two......EVER.

This is what I don't understand, why do the players keep pumping it long surely they could see it wasn't working?

Guest Slippery Sam

Hard to analyse that one, just an absolutely terrible game where one team managed to nick an extra goal. Both teams were pretty bad, we got hit with the winner when we looked the more likely to win it. We struggled to break out of the scrappy derby situation and turn it into actual football.

Pretty much this. Two lapses of concentration (their corner and Tiote not preventing them taking a quick free kick) have cost us.

Feel proper sorry for Dummett, like.  Lad will be crushed by what happened out there.

Last week was a fantasy.

It's good that he gets used to the reality of Newcastle life.

While I understand your point, it is my opinion that he was hung out to dry today by Pardew.

Who was the alternative?

Could Tiote have played Centreback? It's a bit shortsighted to criticise the Perch sale because of one match where we happened to be missing three centrebacks, but it would have been nice to have him around.

Can I urge everyone to ignore Ian and stop facilitating his efforts to ruin the forum. Bad enough that people like him pollute St James'.

Agreed. Tedious WUM nonsense that everyone should ignore.

Guest bimpy474

Tiote was our best player by far. Where's Anita gone btw? Should be playing ahead of Sissoko who's been shit pretty much since the day he signed bar three games.

Why send your best player from the first half dozen games on when you can send Shola on to play in midfield instead?

Pardew Logic.

Aye a ridiculous decision but you just knew it was the tactic of Shola dropping in the flick on direct balls to Cisse.

This is what I don't understand, why do the players keep pumping it long surely they could see it wasn't working?

It's truly baffling isn't it. But we did it most of last season. Tbf it's been much better this season but why resort to it because Sunderland started the game ok. Just keep playing and the quality will win most of the time. Hoofing with players it doesn't suit is mental.

Can I urge everyone to ignore Ian and stop facilitating his efforts to ruin the forum. Bad enough that people like him pollute St James'.

Agreed. Tedious WUM nonsense that everyone should ignore.

:thup:

Tiote was our best player by far. Where's Anita gone btw? Should be playing ahead of Sissoko who's been s*** pretty much since the day he signed bar three games.

Pardew Logic.

It's truly baffling isn't it. But we did it most of last season. Tbf it's been much better this season but why resort to it because Sunderland started the game ok. Just keep playing and the quality will win most of the time. Hoofing with players it doesn't suit is mental.

I think Pardew likes to fight Fire with Fire.

He's done it before when we've been up against a big team.

Pardew Logic.

Yeah it seems to be a panic related thing, as in "shit we better get this ball up the pitch asap." I'm sure this has been ingrained in the players through training and "coaching" by that twit we have as a manager. If we had kept a cool head, knocked it around a bit and probed patiently, we would have been fine. Occasion got to us today, I feel.

Once again, the second goal came as a result of our attacking play having a complete lack of incisiveness. So often we commit the cardinal sin of pushing 6-8 players forward without having any actual plan as to what we will do with the ball. We pass the ball around a bit, inevitably lose it, and the other side gets to attack a rather unprotected back four (or two).

Today, we lose the ball, Tiote is talking to the referee, Cabaye is pressing in our own half, the full backs are very wide, and with one simple pass they are 2 v. 2 against Mike Williamson and an inexperienced fullback playing centreback. This is understandable if we are causing a threat to them, but we were generally doing not much of anything as per usual.

This was a step too far for Paul Dummett. He's just clearly not a centreback at this level. We don't een know if he is a good enough fullback yet, but at least he has a chance to compete there. Today, he was out of position often and couldn't deal with physicality. I hope to see him more, but not in the centre.

Cisse cannot be played at this point. He is detrimental every time he touches the ball.

We all admire Ben Arfa, but he has to do more. He will always be an inconsistent genius, but his poor matches cannot be ones where he provides nothing to the side at all.

That's funny, I thought it came from a stupid foul and a once in a lifetime goal from a donkey.

Guest palnese

Most gutted about them getting three points. They can win both derbies for all I care, so long as they go down.

They're going down.

That's funny, I thought it came from a stupid foul and a once in a lifetime goal from a donkey.

Give over man, once in a lifetime. :lol:

It won't even make the MOTD top ten at the end of the month.

He'll not score many/any better. He's shit. He shouldn't be beating Krul from there.

It's not even nearly the best this weekend :lol:

The depths some will go to to defend their King...

It was a street strike and nothing more. He had plenty of space and time to run onto it, dead central to the goal too. It was a nice finish, no doubt, but it wasn't a wondergoal or a 'one in a million' strike at all. It was an absolute gift of a goal, from the moment we conceded that ridiculous, needless, pointless free-kick on the halfway line.

Guest bimpy474

Tiote was our best player by far. Where's Anita gone btw? Should be playing ahead of Sissoko who's been s*** pretty much since the day he signed bar three games.

Pardew Logic.

And for the umpteenth time that ploy hasn't worked against a crap team. Pardew is a thick fucker like. We've played some decent stuff this season at times and should have stuck with it against the worst team in the league.

Swansea showed if you play and stick with it you will turn over crap like Sunderland. Pardew is at panic stations against them, just useless.

Pardew Logic.

And for the umpteenth time that ploy hasn't worked against a crap team. Pardew is a thick f***er like. We've played some decent stuff this season at times and should have stuck with it against the worst team in the league.

Swansea showed if you play and stick with it you will turn over crap like Sunderland. Pardew is at panic stations against them, just useless.

Exactly mate, but we both knew this day would be around soon.

We've given him credit when he got us decent result but you can't polish a turd.

Guest bimpy474

Pardew Logic.

Yeah it seems to be a panic related thing, as in "shit we better get this ball up the pitch asap." I'm sure this has been ingrained in the players through training and "coaching" by that twit we have as a manager. If we had kept a cool head, knocked it around a bit and probed patiently, we would have been fine. Occasion got to us today, I feel.

Yep the occasion got to them, got into Pardew's head more imo. Hence the changes and dumb substitutions.

It was hardly some kind of wonder goal from nowhere. It was from a player running at our defence with space, I was shitting myself before he shot.

It was a street strike and nothing more. He had plenty of space and time to run onto it, dead central to the goal too. It was a nice finish, no doubt, but it wasn't a wondergoal or a 'one in a million' strike at all. It was an absolute gift of a goal, from the moment we conceded that ridiculous, needless, pointless free-kick on the halfway line.

It is the same as the match last season. They scored some fantastic goals that those players aren't usually capable of, but this happens because they are put in position where they are allowed to strike the ball freely at very good angles in front of our box. When Ben Arfa, for example, cut inside looking shot late, there were several players back cutting off angles and making such a goal much more difficult.

Guest bimpy474

Pardew Logic.

And for the umpteenth time that ploy hasn't worked against a crap team. Pardew is a thick f***er like. We've played some decent stuff this season at times and should have stuck with it against the worst team in the league.

Exactly mate, but we both knew this day would be around soon.

We've given him credit when he got us decent result but you can't polish a turd.

I've been saying that, eventually his averageness will drag us down. He just isn't good enough at this level. Like many have said though, i dread who Kinnear will appoint. I think it'll be Kinnear more than Ashley who chooses the manager imo.