sunderland 2 - 1 Newcastle United - 27/10/13 - post-match reaction from page 47

Dave

Guest bimpy474

The worst part is that I'm not even angry. A few years ago I'd be shaking with rage, but now it's all a apathy.

Aye and it feels so wrong but this is just what Ashley has done, whacked the passion out of us. Apathy is just how he makes you feel.

Pardew better not make any excuses.

:yao:

I predict that blame will be going almost 100% on central defenders via a veiled "we had nobody else to choose, so we were stuck with those two and they were shit"

To be fair to dummet he is not a f***ing cb and shouldn't be playing there. Certainly not a premier league cb. Pardew Absolutely fed him to the wolves today and should have protected him more by putting santon in the middle, who at least has first team experience there and could take the flack from a bad performance. He has risked potentially ruining a promising player today.

Not sure if Santon playing CB is a good idea  :lol:

I agree entirely but it wouldn't have been a better plan than potentially ruining Dummetts development. Let's hope he has the mentality to learn from it and move on, which he should do if he is going to succeed in this league. Why put him in that position though?

Tiote was our best player by far. Where's Anita gone btw? Should be playing ahead of Sissoko who's been shit pretty much since the day he signed bar three games.

:lol: As if Anita doesn't get a look in. Ridiculous.

Spot on Beren. I salute you sir.

Ultimately, and it sickens me to say this, but we'd be better off without Carr, with Pardew in charge.

We'd be performing better with a bunch of try hard cloggers, and the odd tricky winger and good striker, under Pardew.

Krul 5 - Had nowt to do but had one nervy moment which nearly gifted a goal.

Debuchy 6 - Scored and looked decent for a few minutes after the goal.

Williamson 5 - Kept clearing the ball to a red and white shirt

Dummett 4 - Feel sorry that we had to play the lad out of position, in a derby, for his first start.

Santon 5 - Wasn't bombing forward as much, sheemed to shy away after passing the ball to the middle.

Cabaye 5 - Invisible.

Tiote 7 - Should be our permanent vice captain. Plays well with the armband, no booking.

Sissoko 4 - See Cabaye.

Ben Arfa 4 - See Cabaye.

Remy 4 - See Cabaye.

Gouffran 4 - See Cabaye.

Cisse 1 - Every touch he made resulted in a turnover. So shit. Get out.

Shola 5 - Did what he was there to do, except find the net.

Sammy N/A

Pardew - 3. Pre-match. Stop lying to the fucking fans and getting our hopes up on Colo and Taylor, and claiming it was all "mind games". In-match. Switched formations far too often and never settled into one gameplan. Passed it around at 1-1 then hoof at 2-1. Ben Arfa left, honestly? His tactical tweaks SHOULD have seen him move to the right ASAP. There's a reason why he has a terrible record in derbies. It's not about the tactics, it's about geeing up the lads. Chrissy's simple-minded 4-4-2 tore the mackem's net 5 times ffs, at a time when we were miles away from the talent we have now.

Terrible performance from start to finish. Tiote was the only decent player on the pitch for us. And another tactical masterclass from Pardew. It's really not difficult, Pards. Remy left, Ben Arfa right, Gouffran center.