NUFC media bans - Telegraph now banned from club

Anderson
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Pardew's hardly the innocent party in all of this. He got the job in very shady circumstances and he knows he's onto a good thing. He'll do what he needs to to make sure he's gainfully employed for the next 7 years.

This is the best job he'll ever had. If he won't walk when Joe Kinnear is dumped on him then there's no chance he'd rock the boat over small matters of principle. Spineless.

What was shady about how he got the job?  He was lined up ahead of Hughton going.  It happens all the time.

I think how he handles the shit sandwich the club feeds him is remarkable if I'm honest and while Ashley is here it's good to have someone willing to put the club & stability before his own pride.  Protects his players and the club more than ANYONE else in the whole organisation bothers to.

It must boil his piss every day when he goes in and some bell end has had another turd in his bait box and he has to go out with a smile on his face and do whatever damage limitation he can, fully aware that anyone who pays any attention can see the lies on top of lies exposing the lack of professionalism across the board.

It's bad enough that he has to excuse his own crushing failures as a manger without having to cover the arses of those above him too.

obviously he had nothing to do with it and wasn't even consulted on it just told this is how it is without it even been explained to him in full. Christ regardless of peoples opinion of Pardew is ludicrous how much he's been kept out of the loop on anything this is not the way to run a football club.

:lol: Awful.

He's always quick to agree with whatever he's told to so why have sympathy?

What should he do?

Join an internet forum and troll people. Obviously.

So basically you haven't got an answer to what he should do, probably other than the same old 'he should just resign'. It's his boss, local press have been banned and Pardew can't do a single thing about it, totally out of his hands.

:lol:

Nah mate you're right, he should sit there, say nothing in reprobate, and just continue to do the job he's clearly not qualified to do whilst simultaneously having the piss taken out of him by his employers. It's certainly the most noble thing to do.

Guest micky_123

Pardew's hardly the innocent party in all of this. He got the job in very shady circumstances and he knows he's onto a good thing. He'll do what he needs to to make sure he's gainfully employed for the next 7 years.

This is the best job he'll ever had. If he won't walk when Joe Kinnear is dumped on him then there's no chance he'd rock the boat over small matters of principle. Spineless.

What was shady about how he got the job?  He was lined up ahead of Hughton going.  It happens all the time.

I think how he handles the s*** sandwich the club feeds him is remarkable if I'm honest and while Ashley is here it's good to have someone willing to put the club & stability before his own pride.  Protects his players and the club more than ANYONE else in the whole organisation bothers to.

It must boil his p*ss every day when he goes in and some bell end has had another turd in his bait box and he has to go out with a smile on his face and do whatever damage limitation he can, fully aware that anyone who pays any attention can see the lies on top of lies exposing the lack of professionalism across the board.

It's bad enough that he has to excuse his own crushing failures as a manger without having to cover the arses of those above him too.

Agree with this entirely

I think how he handles the shit sandwich the club feeds him is remarkable if I'm honest and while Ashley is here it's good to have someone willing to put the club & stability before his own pride.  Protects his players and the club more than ANYONE else in the whole organisation bothers to.

It must boil his piss every day when he goes in and some bell end has had another turd in his bait box and he has to go out with a smile on his face and do whatever damage limitation he can, fully aware that anyone who pays any attention can see the lies on top of lies exposing the lack of professionalism across the board.

The contract was signed well in advance of Hughton's sacking wasn't it? It spent a rather large amount of time locked in a drawer simply because they couldn't get rid of CH so soon after the 5-1. That's pretty shady.

Pardew's doesn't strike me as a selfless bloke. Whatever he puts up with he does so for himself, not because the club comes first. I'm sure he's fucked off at the walking PR catastrophe that runs the club but he's got a job for the next decade if he keeps his head down. That's all that matters.

obviously he had nothing to do with it and wasn't even consulted on it just told this is how it is without it even been explained to him in full. Christ regardless of peoples opinion of Pardew is ludicrous how much he's been kept out of the loop on anything this is not the way to run a football club.

What should he do?

So basically you haven't got an answer to what he should do, probably other than the same old 'he should just resign'. It's his boss, local press have been banned and Pardew can't do a single thing about it, totally out of his hands.

Nah mate you're right, he should sit there, say nothing in reprobate, and just continue to do the job he's clearly not qualified to do whilst simultaneously having the piss taken out of him by his employers. It's certainly the most noble thing to do.

Seems strange to argue for a manager to be replaced, but also that no manager with a spine should put up with the deal they would get at Newcastle.

Are you saying Newcastle would be better off managerless?

What should he do?

Nah mate you're right, he should sit there, say nothing in reprobate, and just continue to do the job he's clearly not qualified to do whilst simultaneously having the p*ss taken out of him by his employers. It's certainly the most noble thing to do.

So what should he have said once that woman interupted? Should he have ignored her, and just answered Lee's question anyways? Walk out of the press room? I'm not sure what people expected him to do differently at that moment in time? If his boss has put a gagging order on certain press members for whatever reason, he just has to follow that if he likes it or not.

What should he do?

Seems strange to argue for a manager to be replaced, but also that no manager with a spine should put up with the deal they would get at Newcastle.

What the fuck are you talking about, man? :lol:

Learn to read and actually understand whatever post you're replying to, and the vibe of the thread in general, because this is getting fucking boring now like. Just contrarian bollocks every fucking day.

I said Alan Pardew shouldn't just sit there and say nothing, he has other options and he would take them if he wasn't such a slimy lick arse. I've never once said that NUFC would be better managerless, unless me subconscious stuck a bit of white text in that I'm not aware of. I have no idea how we'd cope without Pardew in charge, that is completely irrelevant to what I've said or my feeling towards him as a manager.

If he does leave though it's one more bit of hastle that Mike probably could do without, especially if he has the balls to come out and actually say something. Fuck it though, lets just meander along with the cunt so you play about with your stats telling people why they should be fucking pleased to have the spineless tosser.

The contract was signed well in advance of Hughton's sacking wasn't it? It spent a rather large amount of time locked in a drawer simply because they couldn't get rid of CH so soon after the 5-1. That's pretty shady.

Pardew's doesn't strike me as a selfless bloke. Whatever he puts up with he does so for himself, not because the club comes first. I'm sure he's fucked off at the walking PR catastrophe that runs the club but he's got a job for the next decade if he keeps his head down. That's all that matters.

Isn't that exactly what we need as long as Ashley is in charge?

If you have a principled man he doesn't last very long.

What should he do?

Learn to read and actually understand whatever post you're replying to, and the vibe of the thread in general, because this is getting fucking boring now like. Just contrarian bollocks every fucking day.

I said Alan Pardew shouldn't just sit there and say nothing, he has other options and he would take them if he wasn't such a slimy lick arse. I've never once said that NUFC would be better managerless, unless me subconscious stuck a bit of white text in that I'm not aware of. I have no idea how we'd cope without Pardew in charge, that is completely irrelevant to what I've said or my feeling towards him as a manager.

If he does leave though it's one more bit of hastle that Mike probably could do without, especially if he has the balls to come out and actually say something. Fuck it though, lets just meander along with the cunt so you play about with your stats telling people why they should be fucking pleased to have the spineless tosser.

You don't seem to have thought your argument through to it's logical conclusion on any level.

If Pardew resigned and we got somebody competent managing the players, I suspect Ashley would have a lot less marches and fan opposition to worry about.

There have been no marches or public displays of opposition to the manager have there?

There weren't marches or fan opposition to Hughton.  Ashley generated ill-feeling by binning him off and bringing in Pardew.

There weren't marches or fan opposition to Pardew.  Ashley generated those by bringing in Kinnear.

He likes to rock the boat when things are quiet. Generates press for his brand.

I think how he handles the s*** sandwich the club feeds him is remarkable if I'm honest and while Ashley is here it's good to have someone willing to put the club & stability before his own pride.  Protects his players and the club more than ANYONE else in the whole organisation bothers to.

It must boil his p*ss every day when he goes in and some bell end has had another turd in his bait box and he has to go out with a smile on his face and do whatever damage limitation he can, fully aware that anyone who pays any attention can see the lies on top of lies exposing the lack of professionalism across the board.

Agree with this entirely

Why? It's utter bollocks. He shook the hand of the devil knowing full fucking well what his remit would be. And he has lived up to it, it certainly wont "boil his piss" in the slightest. He's complicit in all of it.

Given that Ashley is the owner.  If you want a replacement for Pardew.  It has to be someone who will cozy up to Ashley, lick his arse and tow the line in interviews.  No?  Isn't that why Hughton was replaced by a similarly average (worse?) manager while we sat mid-table?

If Pardew resigned and we got somebody competent managing the players, I suspect Ashley would have a lot less marches and fan opposition to worry about.

There have been no marches or public displays of opposition to the manager have there?

There weren't marches or fan opposition to Hughton.  Ashley generated ill-feeling by binning him off and bringing in Pardew.

There weren't marches or fan opposition to Pardew.  Ashley generated those by bringing in Kinnear.

For someone who likes to stick to the facts and figures, that's a mighty big supposition right there.

People will always pipe down if the football team (the thing that most of us are interested in) are doing well.

Can't believe I've had to explain that.

Agree with this entirely

Why? It's utter bollocks. He shook the hand of the devil knowing full f***ing well what his remit would be. And he has lived up to it, it certainly wont "boil his p*ss" in the slightest. He's complicit in all of it.

Given that Ashley is the owner.  If you want a replacement for Pardew.  It has to be someone who will cozy up to Ashley, lick his arse and tow the line in interviews.  No?  Isn't that why Hughton was replaced by a similarly average (worse?) manager while we sat mid-table?

What has that got to do with the original point? I don't feel sorry for pardew as we willingly went along with it, and not only that he's fucking terrible at his job. Maybe the next person will actually be decent at managing a football team. However no sympathy should be directed towards pardew

I don't give a fuck about Pardew.

What I'm saying is, in his media activities, he's the best fit for Ashley.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Goals on Sunday criticism was agreed with Ashley beforehand.

Not sure why anyone thinks Pardew should resign.  Idealistic crap basically.

He's perfectly within his rights not to resign.

However I'm also within mine to think that he's a spineless coward with no self respect whose only purpose in life is to coat Mike Ashley's arsehole in saliva on a daily basis.

Guest micky_123

Agree with this entirely

Why? It's utter bollocks. He shook the hand of the devil knowing full f***ing well what his remit would be. And he has lived up to it, it certainly wont "boil his p*ss" in the slightest. He's complicit in all of it.

I don't believe this at all. It's obvious looking at his interviews that he is being fed a line from the club that he can't go against. The brief footage released today of his reaction to Lee Ryder's question on Sunday made it look like he didn't have a clue.

I'm not a fan of Pards in the slightest but the problem is at the top. Pards taking a stance and resigning/forcing the sack won't solve anything, he'll be replaced with equal or worse.

People will always pipe down if the football team (the thing that most of us are interested in) are doing well.

Can't believe I've had to explain that.

You didn't.  I had already made that point...and extended it to say Ashley doesn't want above average football, 7th place finishes and a supportive crowd.

He clearly makes decisions with an eye on controversy.

What should he do?

You don't seem to have thought your argument through to it's logical conclusion on any level.

What argument do you think I'm making here?

Guest micky_123

Just seen someone say he might be waiting until  After Jan as that's when he can buy up the rest of Ranger's shares? I'm not particularly well versed on the Rangers situation, is that the case?

Waiting til after Jan to what?

Not sure why anyone thinks Pardew should resign.  Idealistic crap basically.

He's perfectly within his rights not to resign.

However I'm also within mine to think that he's a spineless coward with no self respect whose only purpose in life is to coat Mike Ashley's arsehole in saliva on a daily basis.

You can think what you like.  I just think it's unrealistic to expect many managers to resign on principle.  99% of managers will just hang on until they are sacked either hoping for a pay off or until they have something else lined up.