NUFC media bans - Telegraph now banned from club

Anderson
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

His writing is fucking ghastly, man. How he gets away with it, I have no idea. "United have players who have plenty of ability and plenty of them." Awful. It reads like a dodgy essay where he's tried everything to try and increase the word count. Improve, you sack of shit. How did he even get the job?

Yup it's the most insanely immature schoolyard bully tactics of a club that know they're run purely for the whims of an owner, know they haven't got a leg to stand on and just spitting out the dummies.

We are well and truly fucked under this ownership. If it was just banning local rags cos they're shit that'd be one thing, but it is symptomatic of a club run by a tinpot clown for his own ends, and at the end of the day we'll be very lucky if we stay in the division long term, but more likely he'll drag us to oblivion before selling is to the next tin pot dictator. Fucking shambles of a club, it's embarassing.

In the same week that the Chronicle, Journal and Sunday Sun were banned from access to Newcastle United following a dispute over our coverage of the Time 4 Change protest march, the only elected fans' body is claiming that it has also been "barred" from attending future forums.

The Newcastle United Supporters' Trust (NUST) published a statement on their Facebook page earlier today.

It says that the group has been "barred" from attending future forums at Newcastle in a row involving their publication of minutes from the first meeting they attended.

Here is the statement published earlier today by NUST:

"As the only elected body representing fans, the board of Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST) welcomed the invitation to take up a permanent position on the Fans Forum organised by Newcastle United.

"The Trust looked forward to the chance to interact with club officials on behalf of our members, with the opportunity to ask pertinent questions and report back to the membership afterwards.

"The inaugural meeting of the Forum took place in September and little were we to suspect that the NUST permanent position would last only one night.

"The Trust made clear that we reserved the right to report back to our members as to what went on at the Fans Forum, the club confirming via their Fans Liaison Officer that they accepted this.

"Questions were duly asked (many supplied by our members following an online survey) at the Forum by the NUST representative, Peter Fanning, and a lively meeting produced many interesting topics of discussion.

"Two days later, NUST published Peter Fanning’s overview of the meeting and it attracted a lot of publicity, due mainly to the nature of the topics covered but also the fact the Newcastle United minutes didn’t appear until 24 hours after they’d been advertised to be released.

"When the club minutes did belatedly appear, nothing of substance that had been reported by NUST was contradicted in Newcastle United’s official feedback.

"However, the spirit of openness has dramatically ended and NUST have been informed by Newcastle United that their ‘permanent’ place at the Fans Forum has now been withdrawn, the only democratically elected organisation open to the whole of the NUFC fanbase, barred from attending the next meeting in December and all subsequent Fan Forums.

"So, in the same week that the Trust organised a successful conference on fan engagement at Newcastle University Business School, covered by the BBC and attended by delegates from all over the country, the club have barred the local press and the only elected fans’ body from interacting with Newcastle United.

"At the same time at a national level, the Government’s Culture Media and Sports Select Committee have recommended that football clubs develop meaningful and structured relationships with supporters.

"They say the first casualty of war is the truth. The fans and local media don’t want to be at war with our football club, we just want a well run Newcastle United that values all of its supporters and the integral part NUFC plays at the heart of the local community."

I don't have much time for NUST, and calling them 'elected' stretches the point a bit, but I don't see the point of barring them either. Just cancel the fans forum completely if they don't want to talk to the fans any more. If they do, they must realise all different opinions are going to be voiced.

Guest reefatoon

What's the point of these forums then, if the club ban people when they don't like what they hear. This club is awash with cunts.

Tin-pot dictatorship alive and well at St James Park. :( Thing is with these regimes, is that they eventually topple and that's the hope that people have to hold on to at this time in being. Ashley only wants people who will lick his arse (as Sky did on Wednesday night) Any other questioning voices will be booted out.

Stewards will now probably start ejecting fans who sing anti-Ashley songs at home games. It's the next step and somewhat inevitable.

Guest reefatoon

Tin-pot dictatorship alive and well at St James Park. :( Thing is with these regimes, is that they eventually topple and that's the hope that people have to hold on to at this time in being. Ashley only wants people who will lick his arse (as Sky did on Wednesday night) Any other questioning voices will be booted out.

Stewards will now probably start ejecting fans who sing anti-Ashley songs at home games. It's the next step and somewhat inevitable.

You are probably right with that mind. But on a plus side it might stop people waving at Pardew and drum up some real animosity towards the owners.  Things would get really ugly if they started throwing poeple out like that.

Guest reefatoon

Reef - I'm not aware of Pardew getting that much stick at home games. If anything, he has had an easy ride for ages - all things considered. Fans have turned on other managers (Allardyce, Dalglish, Roeder) for far less.

I agree with you, he gets no stick.  What I meant by that was people singing for him to give them a wave.

Reef - I'm not aware of Pardew getting that much stick at home games. If anything, he has had an easy ride for ages - all things considered. Fans have turned on other managers (Allardyce, Dalglish, Roeder) for far less.

I agree with you, he gets no stick.  What I meant by that was people singing for him to give them a wave.

I think in general, managers only get stick after the players. I think Pardew is lucky in that we have a quite likeable squad, so a climate of abuse never really forms.