NUFC media bans - Telegraph now banned from club

Anderson
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I know, that shouldn't absolve Pardew from criticism though.

I don't argue against anyone having a coherent view that places blame for footballing issues at Pardew's feet, or anyone that condemns the arse-licking of the chairman as part of an anti-Ashley viewpoint.

If someone wants Pardew sacked and replaced by Mike Ashley though, then I can't see why sycophancy would be an issue for them.  That person either wants another Ashley sycophant or someone that will speak up and isn't going to last very long in the job.  Neither of which solve the specific problem they claim to have with Pardew's media appearances.

Lots of European managers are used to working under the conditions imposed by Ashley, and I daresay plenty of young English managers would jump at the chance to manage the club as well. Ashley won't pay for the big names, but there must be plenty of young managers with potential who can organise a side well given some half decent players.

the conditions imposed by Ashley are rather more erratic and insane than most other places.

I'm sure most fans think that about their own boards.

most just qualify as daft decisions, Ashleys are just all over the place with absolutely no logic to them at all, only club off the top of my head that is as erratic decision wise is Abramovich and Chelsea but he spends loads of cash to compensate Ashley doesn't

I don't argue against anyone having a coherent view that places blame for footballing issues at Pardew's feet, or anyone that condemns the arse-licking of the chairman as part of an anti-Ashley viewpoint.

If someone wants Pardew sacked and replaced by Mike Ashley though, then I can't see why sycophancy would be an issue for them.  That person either wants another Ashley sycophant or someone that will speak up and isn't going to last very long in the job.  Neither of which solve the specific problem they claim to have with Pardew's media appearances.

Lots of European managers are used to working under the conditions imposed by Ashley, and I daresay plenty of young English managers would jump at the chance to manage the club as well. Ashley won't pay for the big names, but there must be plenty of young managers with potential who can organise a side well given some half decent players.

It's not just financial constraints and having no say on recruitment.  No other manager in the world works under Joe Kinnear.  Fuck ups like renaming sjp, wonga, the press ban.... Pardew gets asked about all of that constantly and has to give answers that keep the owner and the fans happy....moreso the owner.

It's not just financial constraints and having no say on recruitment.  No other manager in the world works under Joe Kinnear.  Fuck ups like renaming sjp, wonga, the press ban.... Pardew gets asked about all of that constantly and has to give answers that keep the owner and the fans happy....moreso the owner.

Pardew doesn't need to answer any questions about Wonga or SJP. He could just say those matters aren't his concern and the decisions are made at board level. His problem is he likes the sound of his own voice too much.

His problem is he talks about progressive football and being an attacking side...Tt happens now and then, and we generally win games when we do.  It all reverts back to type the next game where we sit off teams and allow them space and time.  See every single derby match with Sunderland for an example.

He fluked the first derby game 1-0 and has tried to do the same thing over and over again.  Its not working.

The quotes someone put up the other day when he was southampton manager, saying the same things from a good few years back.  The bloke is a one trick pony and should be nowhere near a prem side.

Just been on Tyne Tees News about it - they also highlighted Pardews comment today conflicting with the closing of the letter from NUFC to NCJMedia.

TT need top be careful... Ashley might ban them too, shortly!

What argument do you think I'm making here?

Your first contribution was loaded with sarcasm about Pardew having the piss taken out of him by his employers, making him ignoble for not speaking out...or going further.  Resigning?

Nah mate you're right, he should sit there, say nothing in reprobate, and just continue to do the job he's clearly not qualified to do whilst simultaneously having the piss taken out of him by his employers. It's certainly the most noble thing to do.

There was nothing constructive there about what he should actually do.  So feel free to put me right on that score.

My only worry is Newcastle United, and I'm still confused by the disconnect in the views of some fans which suggests people want a new manager to come in under Ashley, a man of integrity, not beholden to Ashley, a man to to tell it like it is and even walk out if their pride is too hurt.  Because that man wouldn't last half a season.

I am happy to have an arse licking bell end do the job.  I would like the arse licking bell end to be a better tactician, but that's a difficult balance to find.

We clearly have differing views about what is best for Newcastle United. You think we should sit with the devil we know, no further discussion needed. I'm open to change and the risks it may bring.

Anyway you've sort of missed the point of my post yet again, like, I wasn't discussing what was best for Newcastle, I was suggesting that Pardew has more options than just sitting quiet whilst he has his position continually undermined, which he has.

Where is the investigative journalism relating to those at the ground either made redundant or forced to take zero hours contracts now?

Where is the investigative journalism relating to the clubs' finances?

Where is the investigative journalism relating to merchandise now going straight to sports direct profits rather than the club?

Where is the investigative journalism relating to the wonga deal and why no other body was allowed to bid for sponsorship.

Seems to me that ncj media have been prepared to dance with the devil for a very long time.

Posted elsewhere but some good points made. Now is the golden opportunity to start asking the awkward questions that should already have been asked.

Not that the Ronnie have done much to ruffle feathers or perhaps deserve it (now is their chance) it would be fun if all fans held up a copy of the Ronnie as the players come out against Chelsea to a worldwide audience. I'm sure Ashley would be delighted.

It would make quite a sight and get attention. Perhaps the Ronnie can print single sheets if the front cover "Banned but not Gagged". They may still have the returned unsold copies to hand out.

Not that the Ronnie have done much to ruffle feathers or perhaps deserve it (now is their chance) it would be fun if all fans held up a copy of the Ronnie as the players come out against Chelsea to a worldwide audience. I'm sure Ashley would be delighted.

It would make quite a sight and get attention. Perhaps the Ronnie can print single sheets if the front cover "Banned but not Gagged". They may still have the returned unsold copies to hand out.

I like this idea as long as it doesn't get out of hand (hundreds of people throwing rolled up newspapers on the pitch etc). But aye, people holding up copies of The Journal or Chronicle as the players come out would be a strong image.

Guest Roger Kint

Rangers fans seem to basically be thinking "anyone has to be better than the current owner." Reminds me of us back in the day :lol:

We will see how happy they are when they see the SD wallpaper all over their ground as it went up last night(or at least was supposed to)

Anyway you've sort of missed the point of my post yet again, like, I wasn't discussing what was best for Newcastle, I was suggesting that Pardew has more options than just sitting quiet whilst he has his position continually undermined, which he has.

Which option would you prefer him or any future manager to take when those above put him in that position?

I'm not someone that blames Keegan in any way whatsoever for showing some backbone and walking out on the owner, even though it might have been better for the club if he'd just accepted what was going on and got on with it.

Pardew came in knowing he had to tow the line, so I'd be less inclined to have any time for him if he found his spine all of a sudden.

To me getting rid of Pardew would be treating the symptom not the illness. Need to get to the root cause which is, obviously, Mr Ashley.

To me getting rid of Pardew would be treating the symptom not the illness. Need to get to the root cause which is, obviously, Mr Ashley.

Long term it HAS to be fat Ash, short term I wouldn't be against getting rid of symptoms. Ashley's the cancer, Pardew's just a tumour, cut out the tumour, then blitz the cancer iyam.

Long term it HAS to be fat Ash, short term I wouldn't be against getting rid of symptoms. Ashley's the cancer, Pardew's just a tumour, cut out the tumour, then blitz the cancer iyam.

Agree with this ^

Even if Ashley remained as owner, he could do a lot of good simply by employing better people to run the club for him. people with the knowledge of running a football club, which isn't necessarily like any other business.

Then employ better management of the team, which could produce better results on the pitch, and still not require signifigant expense on new players, if he still wants the club to be 'self sufficient'.

Of course Ashley's the root cause but day-to-day, the miserable performances of the football team are of far greater concern. A position of "I'm content to see a lot of good players being completely wasted and spend a lot of money on being consistently bored and disappointed because of who the owner is" is mind bogglingly stupid.