Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Toon Pack has a point mind. It's impossible to have a reasonable discussion about Pardew on here because so many are so vehemently opposed to him. He's got s*** for bringing on Ameobi yesterday despite the fact it was a change that had a positive impact on the game and helped us regain some of the impetus.

No it didn't. By taking Anita off we started losing all the second balls in midfield.

Yet we created more chances/attempts on goal than the period before the change, you want it to be a shite sub but it wasn't.

:lol: You're hilarious.

If we struggle for longer than 5 mins when defending a 1 goal lead his solution is always Anita for Shola and to go 4-4-2 with us hoofing the ball up to the useless cunt. I'm fucking sick of it, can't even enjoy us winning anymore.

Toon Pack has a point mind. It's impossible to have a reasonable discussion about Pardew on here because so many are so vehemently opposed to him. He's got s*** for bringing on Ameobi yesterday despite the fact it was a change that had a positive impact on the game and helped us regain some of the impetus.

No it didn't. By taking Anita off we started losing all the second balls in midfield.

It helped defend set pieces, which i think was the point of it. Positive it wasn't but helpful it actually was tbf.

Pardew in a nutshell. It helped us not concede instead of making a substitute to help us score. I can't wait for the day he finally leaves.

Wanting Pardew to leave I understand - but it really isn't that odd that a manager might look to protect a 2-1 lead when the impetus has shifted rather than go looking for a third.

Maybe he should try and regain the impetus by controlling possession, rather than hoping he can get away with twatting the ball away for a full f***ing third of the game.

I agree - that is a much better option, but I think it is a bit simplistic just to assume that we (or indeed any team) can do that whenever we want to (I agree that occasionally would be nice though).  The opposition is more than likely going to come out and raise their game and play at a higher tempo and put us under pressure.  It's not like it only happens to us.  It happens to teams with better players and better managers.

Guest bimpy474

Toon Pack has a point mind. It's impossible to have a reasonable discussion about Pardew on here because so many are so vehemently opposed to him. He's got shit for bringing on Ameobi yesterday despite the fact it was a change that had a positive impact on the game and helped us regain some of the impetus.

It helped defend set pieces, which i think was the point of it. Positive it wasn't but helpful it actually was tbf.

Pardew in a nutshell. It helped us not concede instead of making a substitute to help us score. I can't wait for the day he finally leaves.

I can see why some praise that sub yesterday, it work in that game. It did help with Wham hoying it in. But he'd make the same sub against someone not doing it, which is what some fail to see and understand.

You get told you want us to win by 5 or 6 if you want us to keep attacking. Middle ground again, i want us to be attacking without being daft. If asking for that is being a mad man fine. Nutty i am.

It's not impossible at all. Of course some people are vehemently against him, but that doesn't mean everyone is and lumping everyone together with the strongest single viewpoint (and in many cases attributing statements that nobody at all have made) does nothing to advance the debate. In fact it's that kind of thing that drags it all down.

Exactly, i'm in a postion of seeing better football, a definite plus point. But still seeing the same defensive mindset in 2nd halfs if we're winning, and virtually knowing we wont come from behind if we concede first, some thing we've had with him from the very start. In that it's more the never looking like coming back that irks me.

Aligned with his constant talking down of the club and team, constant transfer talk bollocks, his 'lets win for Mike' disgraceful comment. It's not just one thing with him, it's more than just the football.

Tbf to Toon Pack, he said he didn't care about that stuff as long we're winning. I can't agree with that point of view at all. But we have a theme on here of, you love him or hate him. No middle ground.

I'm in the middle ground tbh

I see signs of improvement, I see no current reason to change, other than for changes sake and that has served us (and other clubs) so well in the past hasn't it.

I wanted his head on a spike after the mackems and Liverpool at home last season, I really thought there was no coming back from that, even Blyth bloody Spartans shouldn't lose 6-0 at home to a Liverpool without Suarez. This season says I was wrong.

Toon Pack has a point mind. It's impossible to have a reasonable discussion about Pardew on here because so many are so vehemently opposed to him. He's got shit for bringing on Ameobi yesterday despite the fact it was a change that had a positive impact on the game and helped us regain some of the impetus.

It's not impossible at all. Of course some people are vehemently against him, but that doesn't mean everyone is and lumping everyone together with the strongest single viewpoint (and in many cases attributing statements that nobody at all have made) does nothing to advance the debate. In fact it's that kind of thing that drags it all down.

I didn't say everyone, but there are just enough to make reading this thread and match threads an absolute fucking chore. He gets absolutely no credit for anything, instead there are a number of posters who will willfully ignore or misrepresent stuff that has actually occurred just to have a dig. I regularly come on here now and find myself questioning whether I watched the same match as some. If this was my only contact with our supporters I'd be questioning my own sanity.

And I say all this as someone who tolerates Pardew. I don't really like the man. If he left tomorrow I wouldn't be particularly upset because I think he's a pretty average coach whose grasp on the English language is infuriatingly poor.

Yet we created more chances/attempts on goal than the period before the change, you want it to be a s**** sub but it wasn't.

No, I'm factual and rational. We were on the back foot, change was made and we regained pretty good control. That's what really happened.

Yet we created more chances/attempts on goal than the period before the change, you want it to be a s**** sub but it wasn't.

No, I'm factual and rational. We were on the back foot, change was made and we regained pretty good control. That's what really happened.

This is a perfect example of what I mean. The stats are there for all to see - we improved in the second half once Shola was introduced. Why do some pretend this is bollocks? It's fucking fact :lol:

I didn't say everyone, but there are just enough to make reading this thread and match threads an absolute fucking chore. He gets absolutely no credit for anything, instead there are a number of posters who will willfully ignore or misrepresent stuff that has actually occurred just to have a dig. I regularly come on here now and find myself questioning whether I watched the same match as some. If this was my only contact with our supporters I'd be questioning my own sanity.

And I say all this as someone who tolerates Pardew. I don't really like the man. If he left tomorrow I wouldn't be particularly upset because I think he's a pretty average coach whose grasp on the English language is infuriatingly poor.

I give up. :lol:

I didn't say everyone, but there are just enough to make reading this thread and match threads an absolute f***ing chore. He gets absolutely no credit for anything, instead there are a number of posters who will willfully ignore or misrepresent stuff that has actually occurred just to have a dig. I regularly come on here now and find myself questioning whether I watched the same match as some. If this was my only contact with our supporters I'd be questioning my own sanity.

Christ, do you expect everybody to hold the same opinion that you hold?

Guest bimpy474

Exactly, i'm in a postion of seeing better football, a definite plus point. But still seeing the same defensive mindset in 2nd halfs if we're winning, and virtually knowing we wont come from behind if we concede first, some thing we've had with him from the very start. In that it's more the never looking like coming back that irks me.

Aligned with his constant talking down of the club and team, constant transfer talk bollocks, his 'lets win for Mike' disgraceful comment. It's not just one thing with him, it's more than just the football.

Tbf to Toon Pack, he said he didn't care about that stuff as long we're winning. I can't agree with that point of view at all. But we have a theme on here of, you love him or hate him. No middle ground.

I'm in the middle ground tbh

I see signs of improvement, I see no current reason to change, other than for changes sake and that has served us (and other clubs) so well in the past hasn't it.

I wanted his head on a spike after the mackems and Liverpool at home last season, I really thought there was no coming back from that, even Blyth bloody Spartans shouldn't lose 6-0 at home to a Liverpool without Suarez. This season says I was wrong.

I hated him but i'm ready to admit i'm wrong as i never thought i would see a goal like our second yesterday, i really thought under him playing decent was gone. But where we differ is his mouth, i detest it. I detest fans being blamed by him (the Cardiff defeat, players not used to playing in front of so few), well that's partly his fault for treating the cups like he does, and the rank performances in the last few years. And the 'lets win for Mike' is as disgraceful as you get, and i'll never forgive that after what that cunt of an owner has done in the past.

But i accept he's not leaving, i want better football long term and i do hope it's under him, as strange at that might sound but i want the team to be better, like i said he's not going anywhere so i've got accept it'll only come under him while Ashley's our owner.

I didn't say everyone, but there are just enough to make reading this thread and match threads an absolute f***ing chore. He gets absolutely no credit for anything, instead there are a number of posters who will willfully ignore or misrepresent stuff that has actually occurred just to have a dig. I regularly come on here now and find myself questioning whether I watched the same match as some. If this was my only contact with our supporters I'd be questioning my own sanity.

Christ, do you expect everybody to hold the same opinion that you hold?

Not at all, I just expect the criticism leveled at him to at least have some tenuous link to reality.

Not at all, I just expect the criticism leveled at him to at least have some tenuous link to reality.

Your version of reality?  You can get 10 different people watching 10 different events totally unrelated to football ant they'll all see it in a different way.

The best thing is, those moaning about people moaning about Pardew rather than reveling in the result are probably spending more time moaning about people moaning than reveling in the result themselves :lol:

I am confused.  What do the stats show?

They show an aggregation of specific events that occurred during a pre defined scenario. They don't show you anything more than that. That is probably why anyone with a grasp of the subtleties of football choose to debate the things their eyes witnessed.

Personally, my eyes saw a manager bring Shola on to eschew genuine ball retention in favour of "containing" a team that had no midfield or defence. Having seen the whole game I would choose to use what i saw to form the basis of my summary. However, if I knew nowt about a sport, stats would be all I had. Were that the case, I'd probably think we had a really good manager. 

Kevin said today Alan Pardew:

“But Alan’s a good lad. I know him well, he is very dedicated and he works very hard. The sad thing is that Alan is going in and is getting off on the wrong foot through no fault of his own.”

“The supporters won’t be resistant to Alan because of the circumstances of his appointment, though. Any criticism will be leveled at Llambias and Mike Ashley, because it is their decision.”

“The fans would be wrong to pick on Alan. Obviously if results don’t go well then they may start to voice discontent, but Alan is just the meat in the middle of the sandwich here.”

Rob Lee: Alan Pardew isn't my choice but he's doing a good job

Is Alan Pardew a good football manager?

This is a question I have been asked once or twice over the years. It’s a difficult one for me to answer.

After some consideration I would say that, yes, on the whole he is a good manager. His overall results make a strong case for this assertion.

Pardew is a good organiser of a team. We rarely get battered, although it has happened, and everyone seems to know their jobs.

His first full season was an unqualified success. The fans and media loved him. He was voted manager of the year by his peers.

Last time out was more difficult, although much of that was down to the lack of transfer business.

And this season has been more than OK. It’s always a bumpy road that Newcastle United wander down. It’s never smooth.

He has handled most of it really well and yet there are many supporters who just can’t take to him.

Some back him, but I would guess the majority will never like the guy no matter what he does, and the rest can’t make up their mind.

That’s down to the actual club and where we stand right now.

Because the fans don’t like the owner and quite a lot of what has happened in and around Newcastle United in recent months, this ill feeling is defected onto Pardew and it’s hardly his fault.

I do feel sorry for him to a degree.

Pardew has to keep the fans happy, as well as Mike Ashley. Now considering those two parties seem to be constantly bickering, how does one man keep the two factions onside at the same time?

That’s nigh on an impossible job for a human being.

Pardew also has a third task, to win football games. His hands are pretty full.

Managing Newcastle United is a wonderful honour, but is also bloody difficult.

So I take my hat off to anyone – well nearly anyone – who takes on that job.

I have a feeling that we are going to have a good season and if that were to happen, much of the success comes down on the manager.

I know we say every season that it’s a strange league, but this year really is. We have a chance of doing really well and nobody will be more pleased than me.

But no matter what, Pardew will never win over them all.