Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

"The stats are there for all to see" :lol:

That's what I'm saying is bollocks.

I haven't even critisised Shola's introduction, so I'm not sure why you're lumping me in with that opinion? I just find the argument of "we had more shots on target after the sub" pretty hilarious.

I never said that, we actually created way more chances than WHU after the sub, between the 60th and 90th minutes, having created none between the 47th and 60th ergo we regained control having lost it.

I am confused.  What do the stats show?

They show an aggregation of specific events that occurred during a pre defined scenario. They don't show you anything more than that. That is probably why anyone with a grasp of the subtleties of football choose to debate the things their eyes witnessed.

Personally, my eyes saw a manager bring Shola on to eschew genuine ball retention in favour of "containing" a team that had no midfield or defence. Having seen the whole game I would choose to use what i saw to form the basis of my summary. However, if I knew nowt about a sport, stats would be all I had. Were that the case, I'd probably think we had a really good manager. 

;D

Guest bimpy474

"The stats are there for all to see" :lol:

That's what I'm saying is bollocks.

I haven't even critisised Shola's introduction, so I'm not sure why you're lumping me in with that opinion? I just find the argument of "we had more shots on target after the sub" pretty hilarious.

I never said that, we actually created way more chances than WHU after the sub, between the 60th and 90th minutes, having created none between the 47th and 60th ergo we regained control having lost it.

You cant ignore the fact they were pushing on trying to get an equaliser. Shola was brought on to help defend set pieces not create more chances tbf. They're the worst team i've seen in the league, i really hope they go down.

I think a major factor behind our failure to kill teams off is our lack of ability to hit teams on the break, and that comes down to poor technical ability amongst too many players. Quite often, we win possession on a turnover and then waste precious seconds with passes that are designed to keep the ball rather than move it forward into threatening positions. As a result, players don't really charge forward with confidence in that situation because they've no confidence that they'll get the ball.

The chief culprit here is Tiote. The guy always seems to need two or three extra touches before he's able to release the ball, and his passes are rarely of a defence-splitting nature. I just feel his presence plays its part in ensuring a comfortable mid-table position, but he also limits how much this team can progress.

I don't agree with the view that the squad is under-achieving because of Pardew's tactics. If anything, he's making the most out of what he's got. Whether he should share responsibility for the state of the squad is another point - a lot of people at our club have a finger in that particular pie.

Utter lunacy. The transfer values of our squad players individually blows that ludicrous theory out of the water.

I'd say we were the 8th best side in the division and we're in our rightful place.

Of the 11 who started yesterday, I'd say only one - Cabaye - had real technical ability. We are a well organised, athletic team rather than a skilful one, and that limits how far we can progress from this point. The usual complaint is he doesn't start Ben Arfa, but given Ben Arfa's erratic play and poor defensive work, it's not exactly a clear cut decision.

We need to strike gold by unearthing one or two uncut diamonds, either through the youth development side, or by signing an underdeveloped talent from abroad. We can't compete with the bigger clubs for the top players of proven ability. Not yet anyway.

I think we have a handful of players at best that would get in top 5 teams

- Cabaye

- Debuchy

- Mbiwa

- Colo

- Remy

I don't even think Krul is that good, his kicking is shocking. Def top 8 keeper but not better than keepers at top 5 clubs. Don't think ben arfa would make top 5 and only maybe Tiote left out that on his day is better than all but City have in their defensive midfield.

Sissoko and Gouffran top 10 players but nowhere near top 5. 

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,93975.msg4648632.html#msg4648632

Fair play to MrMojo for paying out early on this.  Top lad.

Telt you's Laudrup was shite.

O0

they're in serious fucking bother tbh, still, watched a bit of them yesterday and they were still attacking spurs, still playing the right way :smug:

hopefully there's a version of bosingwa to save laudrup :lol: